British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

So Pirates take a ten point lead to Ipswich for the second leg. But for the rain I believe it would have been game over already but Ipswich have a very good chance of making the final. All to play for. I think I might make the long, long hike up for this. Weather looks OK.

Thoughts?

Poole have it sorted already, wouldn’t be surprised if they win the second leg too. 

Ipswich should win with ease unless Poole pull off a miracle against all the odds

Can’t see how the Witches can recover from letting a 12 point lead slip.

Poole thru by winning away too.

Quite a variation in the different weather forecasts for Saturday!!

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So Pirates take a ten point lead to Ipswich for the second leg. But for the rain I believe it would have been game over already but Ipswich have a very good chance of making the final. All to play for. I think I might make the long, long hike up for this. Weather looks OK.

Thoughts?

Are you going to have a meet up with Gavan? :D

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If they met up and had a pint and a chat it might save us a lot of the garbage on here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thoughts?

Lol .....you have won twice at Foxhall already this season yet you think we can pull back 10 points.............try for once admitting that your are hot hot favourites and not only should you breeze through you are favourites to win on the night....nice try though

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Wont be there.....got a housewarming party to go to which is much more important to me.

Would have been at Ipswich last night if the dates wasnt moved 

• Haha 2

I think Ipswich will win by 12,,,,,,,,,,but I haven't taken my medication today yet. Once I've taken my meds, I will think Poole will probably actually win at Ipswich as well. 

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A shame. I would have hunted you out.

Would you...........

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thoughts?

The first bold bit is probably true. The 2nd is  classic Shovvy.

I'd say it's 70-30% in Poole's favour now. I expect a  narrow Poole win in the return leg tomorrow.

I think the bookies will show i'm not to far out. Great comeback yesterday though. Can't knock that at all.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

If they met up and had a pint and a chat it might save us a lot of the garbage on here.

Well anything is possible! 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Lol .....you have won twice at Foxhall already this season yet you think we can pull back 10 points.............try for once admitting that your are hot hot favourites and not only should you breeze through you are favourites to win on the night....nice try though

Wont be there.....got a housewarming party to go to which is much more important to me.

Would have been at Ipswich last night if the dates wasnt moved 

Ah, that's a shame! 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Ah, that's a shame! 

I dont hide the fact that i dont go much unlike some people

I have my children every Wednesday and Thursdays and then every other weekend

I would have been able to go Thursday but im out at a mates housewarming....well flat warming ....so no i wont be there Saturday.........4 meetings only this season for me.......but then again speedway isnt exactly high on my priorities