British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Yeah but the Fans voted for Championship racing with more Southern derby meetings with Rebels and Eagles.

So going championship was based on the fans vote then i dont believe that for one minute to be honest 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

So going championship was based on the fans vote then i dont believe that for one minute to be honest 

Fan responses, more meetings and all remaining sponsors and advertisers in favour of sticking with Poole in the Championship. That was enough to convince Matt to take the step. You seem quite anti in many of yourposts why are you not convinced?

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

not so sure lisa a "top"businessman would have sold pirates 3/4yrs ago not run it to the point where its virtually worthless bad business judgement,also as far as i know the chateau has not produced any income yet but has incurred some major unbudgeted  costs,fantastic promoter for poole speedway(big big thankyou for that)but financial wizard ummm not so sure!!  (how long before skidder corrects me re this post?under 2hrs 4/6)

Nothing to correct. Just to clarify Matt tried to sell the club when the Sky deal stopped but no takers. As for the chateau it's not just him it's a partnership of a few investors. And you're right there has been some unexpected additional costs but thats the French for you. Still on track to take first paying guests at Christmas. He puts regular updates on Facebook. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Just trying to give Matt and Danny the benefit of my business acumen.  :)

Is “Matt and Danny” Cockney rhyming slang?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Fan responses, more meetings and all remaining sponsors and advertisers in favour of sticking with Poole in the Championship. That was enough to convince Matt to take the step. You seem quite anti in many of yourposts why are you not convinced?

Leave him alone mate. He's forever moaning about something.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

not so sure lisa a "top"businessman would have sold pirates 3/4yrs ago not run it to the point where its virtually worthless bad business judgement,also as far as i know the chateau has not produced any income yet but has incurred some major unbudgeted  costs,fantastic promoter for poole speedway(big big thankyou for that)but financial wizard ummm not so sure!!  (how long before skidder corrects me re this post?under 2hrs 4/6)

Yes maybe Matt should have sold the club 3-4 years ago at both Chris and Darcys pomp, but speedway is in Matts blood. As for the Chateau  theres a hell of a lot of work being done to bring it up to scratch, will be very nice when its finished. You ever watched Escape to the Chateau on TV ? No, maybe you should... You might learn something  B)

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Fan responses? Was there a straight vote of PL v CL? You’ve got to be kidding!

And there aren’t more meetings in the CL.

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Fan responses? Was there a straight vote of PL v CL? You’ve got to be kidding!

And there aren’t more meetings in the CL.

Part of the question was along the lines of do you want to stay in PL, or drop down to the CL with more variety of teams. There were a couple of mini questions instead each bigger question, so it was more like doing a school essay. 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Part of the question was along the lines of do you want to stay in PL, or drop down to the CL with more variety of teams. There were a couple of mini questions instead each bigger question, so it was more like doing a school essay. 

Was there a straight choice between CL and PL?

If not, let’s not pretend that the fans have chosen the CL. They haven’t.

Nothing to correct. Just to clarify Matt tried to sell the club when the Sky deal stopped but no takers. As for the chateau it's not just him it's a partnership of a few investors. And you're right there has been some unexpected additional costs but thats the French for you. Still on track to take first paying guests at Christmas. He puts regular updates on Facebook. 

Google Translation:

The French didn’t put up with Matt’s bullsh*t.

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Leave him alone mate. He's forever moaning about something.

I see your out from under your stone again its all about opinions at least skidder can debate in which is more than I can say for you 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Was there a straight choice between CL and PL?

If not, let’s not pretend that the fans have chosen the CL. They haven’t.

It was more like here are the pro's of each league, now which one do you want to be in...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It was more like here are the pro's of each league, now which one do you want to be in...

do you actually believe that dropping down was based on which league do you want to be in next season ? and the fans chose the championship 

Edited by ray c
  • Like 4