British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Wolves Play Off Semi Final now 2nd leg 10.10. 19

The play offs will be cancelled as this semi final will never happen and Poole will be crowned Champions as they finished top.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Excellent change to the Topic Header :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

The play offs will be cancelled as this semi final will never happen and Poole will be crowned Champions as they finished top.

Any people enjoy us running matches in October...…..The season should finish by Mid September & I see no arguments to go against that.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Any people enjoy us running matches in October...…..The season should finish by Mid September & I see no arguments to go against that.

Get a grip man ! How is it possible to run 12 home matches between March and September. Some people eh..............

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

What comes first: Speedway Play Off Grand Final or Brexit? ;)

Couple of ideas....

Ipswich win play offs as only team that have qualified for final....

Poole win the title as league winners 

Or Poole v Ipswich final as Poole league winners and Ipswich play off finalists.

(Bit like in golf when you hit a 2nd tee shot im case you can't find the 1st in the rough) :rofl:

Or single Play Off Final at a neutral venue e.g. Peterboro (afterall not as though Buster will allow it to be at the National Speedway Stadium)

How about someone actually looks at the forecast and schedules the meetings for dry days, instead of hoping the forecast will change

1 minute ago, Call me wolfie said:

How about someone actually looks at the forecast and schedules the meetings for dry days, instead of hoping the forecast will change

I don't think the TV schedules can work on that basis. Too many variables.

Sensible call the rain band has widened and wont miss. Swindon could have lost tonight had it gone ahead with Batchelor throwing a wobbler. 

Swindon have already won a cup..so just give it to Ipswich

12 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

I don't think the TV schedules can work on that basis. Too many variables.

I seem to remember the 2017 semi at BV being rained off a few times and in the end going ahead without tv coverage

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Couple of ideas....

Ipswich win play offs as only team that have qualified for final....

Poole win the title as league winners 

Or Poole v Ipswich final as Poole league winners and Ipswich play off finalists.

(Bit like in golf when you hit a 2nd tee shot im case you can't find the 1st in the rough) :rofl:

Or single Play Off Final at a neutral venue e.g. Peterboro (afterall not as though Buster will allow it to be at the National Speedway Stadium)

I'm sorry but enshrined in the SCB regulations is that only Poole can win anything.

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

Get a grip man ! How is it possible to run 12 home matches between March and September. Some people eh..............

Very true! Haha

So what has happened to the Ipswich v TBC meeting that was originally scheduled for the 10th ?