British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

12 minutes ago, HGould said:

THJ signed....very nice team we have for 2020.

I'll reserve judgement for when I see them on track :) 

10 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Hopefully our track will not be a gaters track.....it never has been in the past, apart from the odd 'slick' prep, which is obviously what the home favourites requested.

We've got a team of racers and they'll demand an outside line, especially on the 2nd bend! (I'd imagine?)

I think Heat 1 and 15 will be the 2 races that might require an electric start?

Yes, if Perry Barr is gate-n-go certainly Harris, Shanes & Garrity are going to struggle.  Castagna will like it though.

I can hardly believe Jonasson is only 30 (31st birthday tomorrow) he seems to have been around longer than that.  I think it could be the coup of the season if he's not over committed on the continent.

5 minutes ago, Col said:

I'll reserve judgement for when I see them on track :) 

Yes, if Perry Barr is gate-n-go certainly Harris, Shanes & Garrity are going to struggle.  Castagna will like it though.

I can hardly believe Jonasson is only 30 (31st birthday tomorrow) he seems to have been around longer than that.  I think it could be the coup of the season if he's not over committed on the continent.

Would assume he'll set up a couple of bikes in UK and fly in/out of Bham/EMA on a Wednesday morning. 

All he has to do is turn up and ride!

• Like 1

Jonasson has signed to ride in Allsvensken (Thursday) as well as Elitserien (Tuesday) in his homeland, so I'm guessing he won't be riding in the Premiership in Britain. Can't see that he's signed up anywhere in Poland.

I'm sure management will be aware of his other commitments before signing......being a seasoned 'pro' all the travelling will be part and parcel.

As soon as he gets dialled in at PB, we will have a solid Heat Leader!

If we stay injury free, we will be a match for any one!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I'm sure management will be aware of his other commitments before signing......being a seasoned 'pro' all the travelling will be part and parcel.

As soon as he gets dialled in at PB, we will have a solid Heat Leader!

If we stay injury free, we will be a match for any one!

I think it looks a great team.Some real racers in there....well done Brum. :t:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

24 hours ago you guys weren’t liking THJ. Now everyone is. What happened? 

We're optimists, except the Wolves/Cradley person, but that's to be expected  ;)

2 minutes ago, *JJ said:

We're optimists, except the Wolves/Cradley person, but that's to be expected  ;)

Tbf Think the mistake was signing Garrity. 

1 minute ago, poolebolton said:

Tbf Think the mistake was signing Garrity. 

I don't know: last season, he was a breath of fresh air, and was always worth watching. I know that people claim that he is unreliable, but he wasn't for us. We shall see.

• Like 1

Just now, *JJ said:

I don't know: last season, he was a breath of fresh air, and was always worth watching. I know that people claim that he is unreliable, but he wasn't for us. We shall see.

Absolutely!

He saved our season 'single-handedly' , from an entertainment spectacle!

He would've been my first choice and I'm so glad he was LR's! :t:

There's a lot to like about this team, every rider has some sort of individual championship to his name either in speedway or grass track (bar Jack I think) Ash was U15 Champion, so a lot of quality and experience. If the Brummies have that bit of luck thats been missing the last few years, it can certainly go all the way. Superb work by the Masons and Laurence and they should be applauded, really hope they get the support now and kick on with a great season. Can't wait!

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

24 hours ago you guys weren’t liking THJ. Now everyone is. What happened? 

Tbf now it’s Birmingham fans giving support to their team. Some neutrals are still skeptics. He’s really declined from a few years ago hence why he’s not employed in Poland and he’s never been the most reliable guy around. Having said that you still wouldn’t expect his average to go any lower. 

Edited by Islander15

Entertaining team for sure. It's a shame my trips to Perry Barr will be curtailed next season, due to my closest track Kent, switching race nights.

THJ is also doing Longtrack - as are Shanesy and Bomber - so there may well be some weekend away guests?

Edited by Skidder1