British Speedway Forum

A safe & speedy recovery to our ex Scorpion Stefan Nielsen which, by all accounts, sounds like another nasty one for him, possibly season ending.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

A safe & speedy recovery to our ex Scorpion Stefan Nielsen which, by all accounts, sounds like another nasty one for him, possibly season ending.

Massive shame, I would now expect Poole to be looking at a full time replacement ready for the business end of the season.

11 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Massive shame, I would now expect Poole to be looking at a full time replacement ready for the business end of the season.

It has passed the official cutoff of aug 28th to replace riders. However there might be special dispensation available to replace riders who have season ending injuries. Neil Watson might know?

Wording I read was it was deadline for changes other than injured riders returning. Would hope get dispensation for an injury occurring after the cut off though

Hmm, not sure. Having a feeling we will have to use guests. Who exactly is available on that average anyways if we were allowed to sign someone?:unsure:

Edited by lisa-colette

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Wording I read was it was deadline for changes other than injured riders returning. Would hope get dispensation for an injury occurring after the cut off though

The cut-off date is there for a reason, don't see why clubs would be allowed special dispensation to break it!

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

The cut-off date is there for a reason, don't see why clubs would be allowed special dispensation to break it!

Because it's not a strengthening move and as so many people always complain about on here the amount of guests nowadays is a joke!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Cos an injury is different to changing  a team cos of bad form! Depends what the rules say. 

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Because it's not a strengthening move and as so many people always complain about on here the amount of guests nowadays is a joke!!

If that's the case then the rule should be Aug 31st for transfers, unless a rider has a season ending injury! But that's not the rule! 

Surely the rule makers, when deciding on the cut-off date, realised a rider could get injured on 1st Sep and with no replacement allowed will have to use guests? Must've been ok with it? Why else would the rule be voted in?

Edited by szkocjasid

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

It’s there to stop riders strengthening for the playoffs. Teams in the past had pilfered riders from other teams to give them a boost in the playoffs. However, if a rider picks up an obvious season ending injury, it is surely better that he is replaced than using guests every meeting. Poole can use horses for courses guests but it’s not the same.

Stefan is clearly out for the season. 

Just now, szkocjasid said:

If that's the case then the rule should be Aug 31st for transfers, unless a rider has a season ending injury! But that's not the rule! 

I'm guessing the rule makers, when deciding on the cut-off date realised a rider could get injured on 1st Sep and with no replacement allowed will have to use guests are were ok with it? Why else would the rule be voted in?

To stop a team reaching the play offs then saying someone's out of form so I'll sign that guy from Plymouth, other from Berwick etc to STRENGTHEN their team. Not a like for like replacement

In the past a injured rider could be replaced by a guest, but only from a team not involved in the playoffs, but because it's Poole probably some new rule will be invented allowing Tai, bartoz or laguta to be a guest :D

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Neila said:

In the past a injured rider could be replaced by a guest, but only from a team not involved in the playoffs, but because it's Poole probably some new rule will be invented allowing Tai, bartoz or laguta to be a guest :D

Sounds fair to me.