Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

If you're referring to this cretin, then I'm sorry to have to disappoint you in the fact that I haven't mentioned this topic on any other thread.

You are one sick individual. In fact I suggest we meet up once this is over and we can have it out.

Perhaps we can do it for charity? I'll donate to the SRBF, you can donate to your favourite flu charity.

I'm in Leicester, where are you?

Apologies, I thought the post was on the other, more intelligent thread.

What is there to have out? 

The point is, hundreds of thousands die from the flu annually. You think that's irrelevant and not a matter of concern. That is sick.

Covid-19 is a virus that is of course a matter of concern too. 

110,252 deaths from flu this year. 
16,314 from Covid-19.

If you think either should be dismissed, you've got a screw loose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Apologies, I thought the post was on the other, more intelligent thread.

What is there to have out? 

The point is, hundreds of thousands die from the flu annually. You think that's irrelevant and not a matter of concern. That is sick.

Covid-19 is a virus that is of course a matter of concern too. 

110,252 deaths from flu this year. 
16,314 from Covid-19.

If you think either should be dismissed, you've got a screw loose.

I want to have out that you've called me an imbecile, a cretin, and even had a go at me about me not "banging" on about watching my dad die from Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.

Where do you want to do this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, iainb said:

I want to have out that you've called me an imbecile, a cretin, and even had a go at me about me not "banging" on about watching my dad die from Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.

Where do you want to do this?

To jump in as 'referee' I don't think this is the time to be taking 'lumps' out of each other. We are all feeling frustrated, jumpy and frightened. If the politicians can be restraint, then I think members of the BSF can also. Rather than us descending into the usual 'my opinion is better than yours', as happens on BSF, is not helpful. Can't we all be allowed to have an opinion, without being insulting? I only called Tsunami a sad man, because he said my comments were garbage and therefore, I rose to his slating. I shouldn't have done. Can we please move forward and share opinions, challenge opinions yes, but in a civil and constructive way.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

To jump in as 'referee' I don't think this is the time to be taking 'lumps' out of each other. We are all feeling frustrated, jumpy and frightened. If the politicians can be restraint, then I think members of the BSF can also. Rather than us descending into the usual 'my opinion is better than yours', as happens on BSF, is not helpful. Can't we all be allowed to have an opinion, without being insulting? I only called Tsunami a sad man, because he said my comments were garbage and therefore, I rose to his slating. I shouldn't have done. Can we please move forward and share opinions, challenge opinions yes, but in a civil and constructive way.  

I accept differences in opinion, it's what this forum is all about. What I WILL NOT accept is personal abuse.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately those who have spent the weekend ignoring the advice have irrevocably change everyone’s way of life. No point in jumping down everyone’s throat on here as most if not all are responsible and reasonable people. Sadly we will all probably experience casualties but better to educate than berate. We all know that in society some ignore, think they are better and stick two fingers up to what is happening but this is different and to those who think they are above the advice, god help you. To all you recognise the issues thank you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Sat in the car overlooking the sea with a picnic self isolating...however won't be returning anytime soon now that the advice has been stepped up.

 

Sounds a bit pervy, Steve! :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, steve roberts said:

I managed the one packet at a local store yesterday...the great crumpet hunt continues!

 

Look, I know what you’re all on about. Is it some sort of secret society? “Crumpets” are obviously quilted toilet paper.  

Cat out of the bag. (Fluffy white cat). :)

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

Unfortunately those who have spent the weekend ignoring the advice have irrevocably change everyone’s way of life. No point in jumping down everyone’s throat on here as most if not all are responsible and reasonable people. Sadly we will all probably experience casualties but better to educate than berate. We all know that in society some ignore, think they are better and stick two fingers up to what is happening but this is different and to those who think they are above the advice, god help you. To all you recognise the issues thank you.

Yes it was going to happen...wasn't surprised by the announcement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DC2 said:

 

Sounds a bit pervy, Steve! :)

 

Yes I'm looking forward to doing a lot of "self isolating" involving various activities!

Edited by steve roberts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see how leaving my home on my bike, going for a spin and returning home, without stopping would harm anyone :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Can't see how leaving my home on my bike, going for a spin and returning home, without stopping would harm anyone :(

You are allowed to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HertsRacer said:

You are allowed to do that.

Motorbike ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Motorbike ?

I don’t think so, luckily I got out on mine today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Motorbike ?

Well it says cycle, does'n't say how powered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tim G said:

I don’t think so, luckily I got out on mine today.

What you got Tim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy