British Speedway Forum
old bob at herne bay

Will British Speedway Survive ?

1 hour ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

To you, I appreciate it is, but to most they are looking for the riders to be of a better standard than those we are "treated" to the in the UK, people do know what good looks like and is. 

I agree and I would love to have the number  of better riders increase, but I see little or no point  in one "superstar" per team and then a gaggle of much lower riders. In the last few years there has been  a big increase in the number of riders who say halfway into lap one " well I missed the gate, so I will wait until my next chance to trap".. Perhaps  because they know they have little chance of doing better in that race?

The regular fans will always be fans. I reckon the way to go is a rider just has 1 team. Of course it will bring the standard down. 

23 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

I agree and I would love to have the number  of better riders increase, but I see little or no point  in one "superstar" per team and then a gaggle of much lower riders. In the last few years there has been  a big increase in the number of riders who say halfway into lap one " well I missed the gate, so I will wait until my next chance to trap".. Perhaps  because they know they have little chance of doing better in that race?

I would like to hope not,  as that is a bit of a defeatists and losers attitude to life which won't see them go very far in the sport. That probably does reflect in the standard of racing in recent years.  

• Like 1