Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

The Bee Gees and Speedway in Australia

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I am just watching this is your life with the 3 Bee Gee`s. it said that one of their first singing jobs in 1959  was singing from the back of a van at the Brisbane Speedway to the speedway crowd. . Is this  a well known story  ?   Speedway promoter Bill Goode(?) has just been named.

Edited by racers and royals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the Redcliffe Showgrounds, rather the the better known Brisbane "Ekka". Bill Goode was a speedcar driver who became promoter at Redcliffe.

While there was some bike action at Redcliffe, I think that is more likely to be cars they were talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chunky said:

This was the Redcliffe Showgrounds, rather the the better known Brisbane "Ekka". Bill Goode was a speedcar driver who became promoter at Redcliffe.

While there was some bike action at Redcliffe, I think that is more likely to be cars they were talking about.

Thanks Chunky- it was such a surprise when they mentioned Speedway. I must try and find Briggo`s this is your life or was it Ivan ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Briggo was on it. 1974 i think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frigbo said:

Briggo was on it. 1974 i think.

Yes he was caught by surprise during a Wimbledon pre-season practice I seem to remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I am just watching this is your life with the 3 Bee Gee`s. it said that one of their first singing jobs in 1959  was singing from the back of a van at the Brisbane Speedway to the speedway crowd. . Is this  a well known story  ?   Speedway promoter Bill Goode(?) has just been named.

Did they do "How deep is your track?" and "5-1 Talkin'"?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, chunky said:

This was the Redcliffe Showgrounds, rather the the better known Brisbane "Ekka". Bill Goode was a speedcar driver who became promoter at Redcliffe.

While there was some bike action at Redcliffe, I think that is more likely to be cars they were talking about.

Yes, there was even a "Solo" Australia v England International in 1986......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, andout said:

Yes, there was even a "Solo" Australia v England International in 1986......

That was the only major event I could find there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 10:07 PM, steve roberts said:

Yes he was caught by surprise during a Wimbledon pre-season practice I seem to remember.

I remember it well. Eamonn Andrews with his overalls on!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy