British Speedway Forum
col69

berwick bandits 2021

And Leon scored 8 last night for Wolves at Kings Lynn including two heat wins. He really is developing and progressing impressively on all types of tracks.

12 minutes ago, jrs said:

And Leon scored 8 last night for Wolves at Kings Lynn including two heat wins. He really is developing and progressing impressively on all types of tracks.

He both Barker and Kerr so no gimmies, he’s progressing nicely 

• Like 1

Good luck to NB Jacobsen after signing for Belle Vue as a replacement for Ritchie Worrall.

8 minutes ago, screm said:

Good luck to NB Jacobsen after signing for Belle Vue as a replacement for Ritchie Worrall.

He is just an injury replacement though.

Don't know if Berwick have looked into live streaming their meetings,think that could be an earner for them ,be interesting to know how Edinburgh and Glasgow have done with theirs, could be another way forward.

17 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Don't know if Berwick have looked into live streaming their meetings,think that could be an earner for them ,be interesting to know how Edinburgh and Glasgow have done with theirs, could be another way forward.

I believe Edinburgh have done OK out of it,but that is because they do it all themselves and don’t use outside Company’s

54 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I believe Edinburgh have done OK out of it,but that is because they do it all themselves and don’t use outside Company’s

Exactly right.  Edinburgh do everything themselves at virtually no cost after investing in the equipment, so if they get 250 viewers at £12 (or whatever) a go, that's £3k into the coffers per meeting.

Plus, they have the (in my view sensible) local blackout to encourage their core support to still come to meetings.

If Glasgow, Berwick or whoever use an outside contracter to stream for them, the revenue drops right off......

8 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Exactly right.  Edinburgh do everything themselves at virtually no cost after investing in the equipment, so if they get 250 viewers at £12 (or whatever) a go, that's £3k into the coffers per meeting.

Plus, they have the (in my view sensible) local blackout to encourage their core support to still come to meetings.

If Glasgow, Berwick or whoever use an outside contracter to stream for them, the revenue drops right off......

Looking at Edinburghs stream against Poole they got around 80-100 viewers. That for me would be your average viewing figure so outside companies are a no go.

But in house is far from easy!

43 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Looking at Edinburghs stream against Poole they got around 80-100 viewers. That for me would be your average viewing figure so outside companies are a no go.

But profitable, making money is never easy.

6 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

But profitable, making money is never easy.

Oh I'm certainly not knocking the idea of it. Its just it seems to be thrown about on here a bit "why can't all clubs just stream"

I've spent 6 months trying to get something going for Redcar and it has been a mammoth task. Even just finding enough committed volunteers!

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 9:57 PM, Marshall07 said:

A bit more than that I understand. But I agree, not enough to pay an outside company.

I've seen your stuff thanks to your helpfulness and I'd say you were not far away. We do have exceptional technicians there is no doubt about that.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:57 PM, Marshall07 said:

So, does anyone have any idea of the set up costs ?  I can’t imagine that being cheap

35 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

So, does anyone have any idea of the set up costs ?  I can’t imagine that being cheap

Id say it would take a good few meetings to pay for itself. A few seem to think you can just stick a camera at a track and stream it out, definitely not that easy!

9 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Id say it would take a good few meetings to pay for itself. A few seem to think you can just stick a camera at a track and stream it out, definitely not that easy!

Edinburgh has always been well ahead of the game regarding Media and Press coverage on their website and it’s paying off handsomely now.

• Like 2