British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wroclaw GP`s 1 and 2 Friday and Saturday 28th and 29th August

27 minutes ago, Shockster said:

Sick of the moaning about the scoring.  

The riders know the rules.  Get over it.  The meeting was great, what more do you want. FFS. 

Me personally a one off meeting  5 rides no semi finals or finals . For me with this field every race would be a pressure race one last place and your done no second chances that's pressure 

6 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

On the contrary, in F2, points are awarded in EACH race - in the feature race on the Saturday and the sprint race on Sunday.  In the British Touring Car series, if there's three races, points are awarded for each of them.  Same in virtually every motorsport discipline - points are awarded in every race.  Speedway has now gone out on a limb.

But each race is 1 race? Similar to a final right?

Just now, RPNY said:

But each race is 1 race? Similar to a final right?

F1 has 1 race per event, F2 has 2 races per event, British Touring Cars has 3 races per event, a Speedway Grand Prix has 23 races per event.

Each used to award points per race - speedway is now the odd one out.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Is Freddie Lindgren the new Nicki Pedersen ?

Freddie's hard but he s no Nicki p  lol 

Nicki would still do ok in the gps

8 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Me personally a one off meeting  5 rides no semi finals or finals . For me with this field every race would be a pressure race one last place and your done no second chances that's pressure 

THE last race of the meeting should always determine the winner. Gary Havelock won his World title in Heat 17 ... the last three races were pointless.

After several different systems over the years, the most recent prior to tonight worked just fine. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Freddie's hard but he s no Nicki p  lol 

Nicki would still do ok in the gps

Yeah he would still be running them to the fence;):nono:

8 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE last race of the meeting should always determine the winner. Gary Havelock won his World title in Heat 17 ... the last three races were pointless.

After several different systems over the years, the most recent prior to tonight worked just fine. 

Somewhere in there was the merest hint that you think they were wrong to change it. 

• Like 1

If they want a winner takes all final, go back to an older system of A B C and D finals. You have to finish top 4 to have a chance of winning the meeting, rather than 8th.

Of all the systems so far, probably prefer last seasons.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Somewhere in there was the merest hint that you think they were wrong to change it. 

ONLY a hint ... don't understand the FIM argument to formalise all systems of scoring across the various disciplines. Speedway is different. Accept it and move on. 

• Like 4

I had reservations about the new scoring, but I thought it worked fine. The Lindgren situation added to the drama rather than take anything away.

It may not work so well in the later rounds with two riders fighting for the title, but on the basis of this one I had less problem with it than I thought I would.

I didn't think it really needed changing from last year, but for this entire topic to just be people complaining about it seems a bit excessive. 

I enjoyed the meeting. Not sure if Laguta can keep this up for the entire series, but a great start for him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I had reservations about the new scoring, but I thought it worked fine. The Lindgren situation added to the drama rather than take anything away.

It may not work so well in the later rounds with two riders fighting for the title, but on the basis of this one I had less problem with it than I thought I would.

I didn't think it really needed changing from last year, but for this entire topic to just be people complaining about it seems a bit excessive. 

I enjoyed the meeting. Not sure if Laguta can keep this up for the entire series, but a great start for him.

It’s a forum, just other people’s opinions.They obviously differ from yours.

45 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Not to Gary havelock he d already done the business 

Mind you seems a little rough to single Havvy out for this distinction ... Mauger in 79 and Olsen 78 also won the title in heat 17 ... As did many many others going further back. Perhaps Gary in 92 just adds the correct frisson of derision to make a point.