British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

Didn't one (or both) of the Lagutas get denied entry into the Uk a few yars ago for something. Coulld it be related.

14 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Didn't one (or both) of the Lagutas get denied entry into the Uk a few yars ago for something. Coulld it be related.

Yeah, that is correct. I don't remember what it was but was but I don't think it's related since Artem participated in the 2019 British Grand Prix.
I think it's more likely to be related to lack of support from the Russian Speedway federation. Both Laguta brothers boycotted the SWC a number of years ago for that reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Artem's brother got done for drugs which would be a good reason to be denied entry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Artem's brother got done for drugs which would be a good reason to be denied entry.

Thats the one I had in my mnd, Gregori. And hasnt he served another ban in the last couple years for the same thing.

1 minute ago, OveFundinFan said:

Thats the one I had in my mnd, Gregori. And hasnt he served another ban in the last couple years for the same thing.

I'm only aware of the latest ban. 

4 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Grigorij was suspended from 2017 to 2019 for a doping violation and IIRC it was not Grigorij who were the reason for the denied VISA
but their father or uncle or something like that.

Don't think Russia, or whoever they are, can call upon Chuganov coz he defected to Poland. Or can he defect back, dunno. Could be a tad painful if ur Russian around you could go legs akimbo around a Pole!! :rofl:

I'd be a bit miffed if I bought tickets, hotels etc. and then riders start dropping out.  Glad I didn't bother. 

• Like 1

pretty poor from champs of last 2 years

5 minutes ago, stevehone said:

pretty poor from champs of last 2 years

Last 3 years. 

48 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Last 3 years. 

Can't see 'em making it four...