British Speedway Forum
enotian

Who are the Rising Stars?

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You will get good odds on that happening.Don’t think you can plan that far ahead in a sport like Speedway.IMO.

Interesting comment. Usually folks in speedway give the BSPL a lot of flack for not planning ahead. Now they are planning ahead and trying to get a decent riders pool for future years, "folks' are once again criticising them for trying to have a plan. Nothing funnier than 'folks'. :P

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Interesting comment. Usually folks in speedway give the BSPL a lot of flack for not planning ahead. Now they are planning ahead and trying to get a decent riders pool for future years, "folks' are once again criticising them for trying to have a plan. Nothing funnier than 'folks'. :P

It’s only my opinion  ,it is not a criticism.If it comes to fruition then well done.I have  been around long enough to witness similar attempts at long term planning and not seen any come to fruition.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Have a look around and see how many new kids are riding speedway bikes in the last 2 or 3 years and count how many kids have entered the youth rounds. Then work out how quickly we will run out of new riders for this 5 year plan.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Cos it's not like you have never criticized the BSPL like have you Dave...

Nothing funnier than folks with short memories like is there.... Dave...

Regards

THJ 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Cos it's not like you have never criticized the BSPL like have you Dave...

Nothing funnier than folks with short memories like is there.... Dave...

Regards

THJ 

:D   Yes I have, but it doesn't match your hissy fit. I am involved hence I know about it. Rob obviously hasn't told you about it,  so what you don't know you have invented stuff in explanation which was not true and then having a go at me.. After threatening to walk away a few weeks ago when you got gubbed by Rob for revealing confidential info, his team, you are again threatening to walk away again. What's next ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

:D   Yes I have, but it doesn't match your hissy fit. I am involved hence I know about it. Rob obviously hasn't told you about it,  so what you don't know you have invented stuff in explanation which was not true and then having a go at me.. After threatening to walk away a few weeks ago when you got gubbed by Rob for revealing confidential info, his team, you are again threatening to walk away again. What's next ?

Honestly

You haven't got a clue... but I will give you the full rundown when I see you in private rather than on here... but just keep making it up... and your not involved and haven't been since your mate George sacked you from running the kids/junior teams or doing the winter track work... so stop second guessing and trying your fishing exercise because there is a much bigger picture to consider...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Mmm this looks good ? , Probably just what the promotion needs before the season ( hopefully ) gets going... 1 fella who wants to be involved & the other who comes up happy & laughing & has a quick word with 1 or 2 riders & then goes & enjoys his evening !! So let's hope even if there are disagreements they both have the toon halls to admit if there wrong but from what I have been told 1 of them will never admit he's wrong... & I'll look forward to reading it on the forum at work on my lunch break so please put plenty yes & knows on to keep me entertained tomorrow.. bedtime now

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Mmm this looks good ? , Probably just what the promotion needs before the season ( hopefully ) gets going... 1 fella who wants to be involved & the other who comes up happy & laughing & has a quick word with 1 or 2 riders & then goes & enjoys his evening !! So let's hope even if there are disagreements they both have the toon halls to admit if there wrong but from what I have been told 1 of them will never admit he's wrong... & I'll look forward to reading it on the forum at work on my lunch break so please put plenty yes & knows on to keep me entertained tomorrow.. bedtime now

One just makes things up the other just has a poor memory . I’m sure one of them will tell you which is which.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

One just makes things up the other just has a poor memory . I’m sure one of them will tell you which is which.

Aye and its either Andy or Colin and I just cant make my mind up....

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Have a look around and see how many new kids are riding speedway bikes in the last 2 or 3 years and count how many kids have entered the youth rounds. Then work out how quickly we will run out of new riders for this 5 year plan.

Is why it would have been simpler to just give higher assessed averages to more experienced/overseas riders. Say 5 point minimum average (for team building) for any rider with over 100 league matches under their belts.  Maybe 6 or 7 for non UK riders. Provides natural openings for the young riders without requiring an inexhaustible supply of youngsters.

And why you can make a 5 year commitment but can't necessarily set out how that will work across the years this far in advance.

Edited by enotian
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Guess Poole will be making "an offer he cannot refuse" to Jason Edwards after losing Josh McDonald ?

Don't think any offer would improve what he has at Eastbourne, not just financial but being part of a 'team' that'll be built around him Brennen hopefully Kemp for years to come.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

You haven't got a clue... but I will give you the full rundown when I see you in private rather than on here... but just keep making it up... and your not involved and haven't been since your mate George sacked you from running the kids/junior teams or doing the winter track work... so stop second guessing and trying your fishing exercise because there is a much bigger picture to consider...

Regards 

THJ 

So wrong on so many counts as others can testify. It doesn't deserve a proper reply. :angry:

• Sad 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 9:13 PM, Tsunami said:

Nope. Those 6 riders were missed off the list that was copied and posted by Bigred as I said. That's it.

That's where you go wrong John. Stating and assuming things not true to not like the scheme. Has Rob not trusted you with the info?

BSPA haven't released the scheme just that there was a scheme...... the riders were all issued with the fuller document late last week.... so he asked and was put on so what's the problem....  

Much easier being a critic these days :D

It is all about opinions on forums but some on here want to be a Promoter, Manager or Referee knowing all the rules before becoming official. ;)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

So wrong on so many counts as others can testify. It doesn't deserve a proper reply. :angry:

Well it wasn't what George said and as I posted above "I will give you the full rundown when I see you in private rather than on here" as I have done many times in the past should you require or I can text or call... not a problem and I am happy to give you a proper reply in person... 

Regards
THJ