British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

Just seen the prices for this season & I'm absolutely stunned. 

There is clear profiteering from the few remaining gullible fans there is left. 

£20 admission 

£2 grandstand 

£3 programme 

This sport is an absolute disaster & disgrace.

When will the owners of this sport ever learn :rolleyes:

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Haza said:

Some people moan at me for being negative on here but sadly what’s happened today with tickets sales and total lack of professionalism from the club sums up British speedway in a nutshell. 
Fans taken for granted yet again . 

Have to say that I fully agree having read the last two or three pages of this thread. You really couldn't make a better job of creating a shambles if you set out to do so. Is he going to ride or is he not going to ride? Are the tickets on sale or are they not on sale? Was it a misprint or not? And so it goes on! Is there no regard at all for the supporters (aka customers), the people who pay their money? 

Edited by Starboy118
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Starboy118 said:

Have to say that I fully agree having read the last two or three pages of this thread. You really couldn't make a better job of creating a shambles if you set out to do so. Is he going to ride or is he not going to ride? Are the tickets on sale or are they not on sale? Was it a misprint or not? And so it goes on! Is there no regard at all for the supporters (aka customers), the people who pay their money? 

To be fair the confusion created by the EDP was not the clubs fault as the situation was quite clear in the Lynn news but the ticket situation is really poor, and not just an issue with King’s Lynn which makes it even worse. 

Edited by Bagpuss

10 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

£20 admission 

£2 grandstand 

£3 programme 

Personally I think it’s a £15 sport considering the downgrading that’s gone on over the previous seasons and a 6 team league this season but that’s just my views 

Looks like Lynn will be full strength but will be interesting to see the Ipswich lineup when it’s announced. I wonder if we’ll see the first R/R of the season?

Edited by Speedball

32 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

£20 admission 

£2 grandstand 

£3 programme 

not sure how £20 admission means the sport is a disgrace!. If you run any sort of business like I do you would know that costs are going through the roof. An example of my business  is that imported furniture trade prices have gone up 30% since January. why would speedway costs not have gone up along with everything else and unlike my business speedway teams have had very little government help. Just wait until early next year when inflation will be running at very high levels..

I for one can not wait for the season to start again but if you don't want to pay £20 quid, simple don't go. 

fed up with all the negatives  on here. 

Looking forward to my annual trip to King's Lynn on Monday. Hopefully a good crowd to watch the witches take the 1st win of the season

Edited by stu219
extra said
  • Like 4

Whatever the price of imported furniture has to do with speedway admisson prices is lost on me stu19. 

The clubs all made no losses in 2020, which must have been the first time for a long time , that is if we believe that they all run at a loss as they always claim ?

Once again the speedway public have been taken for mugs, cost cutting by signing lower standard riders, (in the case of Kings Lynn no Rob Lambert) Once upon a time I was told that riders wages made up 80% of the costs of runnign a speedway team. Depsite the huge savings that clearly have been made the PL teams have taken the P and increased admission. If this were a temporary surcharge for PPE and other Covid 19 related precautions, then it would be understandable, and be removed once we have got past June .

Chances are that there will be no hand soap or sanitiser in the toilets , which will be as filthy as ever.

Yes the answer will be don't go if you dont want to shell out £20 per person plus £3 programme plus a £2 seat . Wise advice, stu 19.

• Like 2

the price of furniture was just an example of prices going up . although the businesses, like you say may not have made a loss  the guys running the sport have not been paid any sort of wage for a year. If you know anything about business then you would know that many businesses  on paper run at a loss but the owners still get a wage. look at Phillip Green if you want an example. 

No wish to get in an argument but it seems very odd that people will pay £18 but not £20. would you walk out of a pub if the meal you normally ordered had gone up a quid as surely they will very soon.

it's easy to knock speedway promoters and they do make some weird decisions at times I admit but surely  we all want to get our lives back and get out of this bloody pandemic and if that means paying £2  more then so be it. .

so anyway back to proper speedway matters. Are we expecting full strength teams for Monday and if so what are the predictions?

Has to be a very hard meeting to call under the circumstances 

32 minutes ago, stu219 said:

the price of furniture was just an example of prices going up . although the businesses, like you say may not have made a loss  the guys running the sport have not been paid any sort of wage for a year. If you know anything about business then you would know that many businesses  on paper run at a loss but the owners still get a wage. look at Phillip Green if you want an example. 

No wish to get in an argument but it seems very odd that people will pay £18 but not £20. would you walk out of a pub if the meal you normally ordered had gone up a quid as surely they will very soon.

it's easy to knock speedway promoters and they do make some weird decisions at times I admit but surely  we all want to get our lives back and get out of this bloody pandemic and if that means paying £2  more then so be it. .

I can see you point of view but consider this, these are the top eight averaging riders from the 2019 season in order;

Doyle

Batchelor

Fricke

Jensen

Lambert

Cook 

Bjerre

Iversen

Only two of those will be riding over here this year, the other six have essentially been replaced with junior riders. The pros and cons of that will become apparent as the season progresses but you must be able to see why people are miffed at having to pay more money for a weaker product? That extra two quid will make quite a difference to me, the absence of Robert Lambert takes some of the appeal away immediately but I may have been tempted to go more with a price freeze, bumping it up to £20 just seems like a mickey take to me. Especially if the racing is as timid as it has been in recent years.

If they sort the shale out and the AFA suddenly turns into the NSS I’ll eat my words of course :D 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I can see you point of view but consider this, these are the top eight averaging riders from the 2019 season in order;

Doyle

Batchelor

Fricke

Jensen

Lambert

Cook 

Bjerre

Iversen

Only two of those will be riding over here this year, the other six have essentially been replaced with junior riders. The pros and cons of that will become apparent as the season progresses but you must be able to see why people are miffed at having to pay more money for a weaker product? That extra two quid will make quite a difference to me, the absence of Robert Lambert takes some of the appeal away immediately but I may have been tempted to go more with a price freeze, bumping it up to £20 just seems like a mickey take to me. Especially if the racing is as timid as it has been in recent years.

If they sort the shale out and the AFA suddenly turns into the NSS I’ll eat my words of course :D 

yes I see your point and tbf the last time I was at King's Lynn the track was appalling.  Made for rubbish racing. 

But also having the top riders on show does not guarantee  good racing.  I have seen more rubbish grand prix meetings than good ones over the years.

The bottom line is though do we want to have an evening out again or all sit in our living rooms as per the last 14 months and slowly stagnate?

I know the cost of admission is an issue for some and I fully understand it but as with everything in life if you feel its not value for money save your pennies and sit at home. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, stu219 said:

yes I see your point and tbf the last time I was at King's Lynn the track was appalling.  Made for rubbish racing. 

But also having the top riders on show does not guarantee  good racing.  I have seen more rubbish grand prix meetings than good ones over the years.

The bottom line is though do we want to have an evening out again or all sit in our living rooms as per the last 14 months and slowly stagnate?

I know the cost of admission is an issue for some and I fully understand it but as with everything in life if you feel its not value for money save your pennies and sit at home. 

There will come a point when the sport can’t downgrade any further and it’s not too far away whilst this season the priority has to be getting the sport  with   riders on tracks fans into stadiums the standard has gone down again as it has for years , money has definitely been saved with not having to pay Lambert and replace him with Bridger  so I can see no justification for a £20 adult admission charge . 

1 hour ago, stu219 said:

not sure how £20 admission means the sport is a disgrace!. If you run any sort of business like I do you would know that costs are going through the roof. An example of my business  is that imported furniture trade prices have gone up 30% since January. why would speedway costs not have gone up along with everything else and unlike my business speedway teams have had very little government help. Just wait until early next year when inflation will be running at very high levels..

I for one can not wait for the season to start again but if you don't want to pay £20 quid, simple don't go. 

fed up with all the negatives  on here. 

Looking forward to my annual trip to King's Lynn on Monday. Hopefully a good crowd to watch the witches take the 1st win of the season

Careful stu pragmatism doesn’t go down well on the bsf hahaha

completely agree pal, and if over the season an extra £2 off roughly 1-2000 fans a meeting makes the difference of the speedway clubs surviving i’m all for it!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stu219 said:

It won’t be sitting at home though, it’ll be finding something else to do which feels like value for the money paid to do it! 

• Like 1

I see your point and it's a shame the promoters don't come out and explain why prices have gone up. 

mind you imagine being an Ipswich Town FC season ticket holder who had to pay out and only see their team on I follow this year. If you want rip offs that is top of the list lol.

luckily I wasn't one of them !