British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Berwick 9th June 2021. Championship

18 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

As I said, aside from machinery issues for NBJ then we would have taken the point at least which would have been a very pleasant shock... but still, to get as close and come away with nowt when it’s slipped by you in that manner hurts a bit! There will be more teams who take a worse defeat then us. Just think, if Aaron had scored what he did in 2019 and what he is capable of then it would be a very different story right now! 
anyways, sorry for the diversion on this thread. 10-12 point defeat for us I’d say! 

Spud has to come good sometime preferably Tuesday & Wednesday i can see us getting a point at Poole. Leon will get 7 rides so i expect double figures from him the way he is riding. Poole have plenty options for a guest for Rory so be interesting to see who they bring in

17 minutes ago, Normski said:

Spud has to come good sometime preferably Tuesday & Wednesday i can see us getting a point at Poole. Leon will get 7 rides so i expect double figures from him the way he is riding. Poole have plenty options for a guest for Rory so be interesting to see who they bring in

The Poole guest will be Hans Andersen, it seems.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

The Poole guest will be Hans Andersen, it seems.

Really?

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Really?

i have heard they trying to sign hans on a short term contract i see the live stream is now available as well

Edited by ray c
  • Thanks 1

If they sign Hans Andersen, it will be some story or even a fairy tale :D:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Really?

No surprise if true. His main sponsor - Meridian Lifts - is also sponsoring the meeting!!!

Personally I would have Nick Morris at the moment. He's flying at number 1 for Leicester and he knows the Poole track.

Edited by Skidder1

2 hours ago, ray c said:

i have heard they trying to sign hans on a short term contract i see the live stream is now available as well

So no clashes with Danish fixtures then!!!??

3 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

As I said, aside from machinery issues for NBJ then we would have taken the point at least which would have been a very pleasant shock... but still, to get as close and come away with nowt when it’s slipped by you in that manner hurts a bit! There will be more teams who take a worse defeat then us. Just think, if Aaron had scored what he did in 2019 and what he is capable of then it would be a very different story right now! 
anyways, sorry for the diversion on this thread. 10-12 point defeat for us I’d say! 

Agree good effort,same story for the last few seasons though away from home always in the matches up till Heat 10 then the wheels come off,but we seem to entertain which is the name of the game.:cheers:

• Like 1

So the live stream will cost just £9 with the discount code Pirate10. Bargain. Hopefully a few neutrals and Berwick fans will be purchasing their tickets to cheer on the bandits from the comfort of their sofa.

https://poole-speedway.com/pirates-tv

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So no clashes with Danish fixtures then!!!??

just talk

14 hours ago, Normski said:

If they sign Hans Andersen, it will be some story or even a fairy tale :D:D

Even on here with the jokes... please spare us Normski :lol:

• Haha 1

Hans confirmed - for one night only!!!