British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole Pirates v Kent Kings Wednesday 30th June 2021

Or get all Speedway meetings 're classified as "test events" just like at Donnington this weekend where they have a music event over 3 days with 10,000 people no masks and no social distancing.  Bloody powers that be must think 1500 in a speedway meeting is a 100% Covid spreader.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2021 at 7:39 PM, teaboy279 said:

I don't think you understand the rule of 6 fully, it can be 6 people from 6 different households. The exception being that if 2 households add up to over 6 people, that too is allowed.  That btw is for indoor mixing, and despite being a mostly outdoor location most stadiums have adopted this policy. So as long as groups are less then 6 people,  or groups bigger then 6 are made up of two households then no rules are being broken?

I am going by what the rules said on the Poole website. Indoor mixing has different rules to sport events, where it seems to be decided by whoever is in charge or the council.

Edit - https://poole-speedway.com/ticket-office/code-of-conduct

Also if you could have any old 6 people sitting together, why does it say rule of 6 or 2 households?? If they mean six randoms then why have the 2 households it would contradict itself. More like it is 6 people from 2 different households which is what I thought. Seeing as apparently the council are thinking people broke their rules, that would make sense.

Edited by lisa-colette

22 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

Or get all Speedway meetings 're classified as "test events" just like at Donnington this weekend where they have a music event over 3 days with 10,000 people no masks and no social distancing.  Bloody powers that be must think 1500 in a speedway meeting is a 100% Covid spreader.

They would have been tested before and after though. Speedway fans aren't going to buy PCR tests are they?

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I am going by what the rules said on the Poole website. Indoor mixing has different rules to sport events, where it seems to be decided by whoever is in charge or the council.

Also if you could have any old 6 people sitting together, why does it say rule of 6 or 2 households?? If they mean six randoms then why have the 2 households it would contradict itself. More like it is 6 people from 2 different households which is what I thought. Seeing as apparently the council are thinking people broke their rules, that would make sense.

Any 6 people, or more than 6 people if only from 2 households

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

The 2 households is for groups of over 6 people, ie a family of 4 can mix with another family of 4. 

3 families of 2 CAN meet up, but 2 households of 2, and a household of 3 cannot.

In simple terms any 6 people can meet up, but for groups of over 6 this is strictly limited to 2 households.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

The 2 households is for groups of over 6 people, ie a family of 4 can mix with another family of 4. 

3 families of 2 CAN meet up, but 2 households of 2, and a household of 3 cannot.

In simple terms any 6 people can meet up, but for groups of over 6 this is strictly limited to 2 households.

Don't know how you keep track of all that information. Who checks anyway ? With the vast majority of adults now having had injections, I do

not see why we cannot get back to more or less normal life. So many businesses, including Speedway, are suffering needlessly IMO.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Don't know how you keep track of all that information. Who checks anyway ? With the vast majority of adults now having had injections, I do

not see why we cannot get back to more or less normal life. So many businesses, including Speedway, are suffering needlessly IMO.

At the same time I hear on the news because of the new variant hospitalisation are going up quickly, deaths a bit more slowly.

Also read on the news at lunchtime, in USA they relaxed on wearing masks but instances of cold and flu going up.  Think I will be wearing a mask come the winter, that’s if we not wearing already.

5 hours ago, East End Fan said:

It will, after 19th July, unless they change their minds..... again....!!!

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

At the same time I hear on the news because of the new variant hospitalisation are going up quickly, deaths a bit more slowly.

Also read on the news at lunchtime, in USA they relaxed on wearing masks but instances of cold and flu going up.  Think I will be wearing a mask come the winter, that’s if we not wearing already.

Deaths are still at a low level(but still too many) whereas hospitalisation going up I am unsure BUT the number of positive covid is going up but is that due to more testing(free & personal test carried out more frequently)

Tickets already 50% sold - tickets for 2+ bookings go on sale later this week on Thursday evening.

Edited by Skidder1

But the big question is would any sane person spend £17.85 to spend an evening with Mr Shovlar, listening to his blinkered and brown nosed opinions of everyone involved in the sport

Edited by Triple.H.
Spillchucker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Online ticketing now available for 2+ bookings

On 6/19/2021 at 3:50 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

This is the law so no rules are being broken.

I have one ticket spare at cost price. In the main grandstand. If a Kent fan wants it they are welcome but might get a bit of friendly flak! ;)

That ticket still available?

16 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

That ticket still available?

Yes it is. You want it?