British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers99

Peterborough vs Sheffield - 12/07/21 - League Meeting

6 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Like I've said that if you did not post all crap people may respect you , but don't think that will happen.  

Just ignore him like the rest of us do

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GAH said:

going to help the rising stars riding against harris who represented his country in the euro pairs on saturday !! :nono:

Have you looked at a programme line up?

If the rising star is at 6, he would ride against Harris whatever no he was riding at(bar no5)

If the rising star is at 7, he would ride against Harris whatever no he was riding at(bar no1)

Did it rain? Could it have gone ahead?

9 hours ago, GAH said:

How can they win something if they win nothing :rofl: only one competition to win :rofl:

You said they won't win nothing:blink:If you don't win nothing you win something.Have you been on the sherbert.

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Embarrassing to call it off 

Did you miss the deluge on Friday night? The track was completely waterlogged they pumped hundreds of gallons off it at the weekend, it was in no fit state for racing today rain or no rain.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

Did you miss the deluge on Friday night? The track was completely waterlogged they pumped hundreds of gallons off it at the weekend, it was in no fit state for racing today rain or no rain.

That gave the track 3 days to dry! How long does it need? They managed to get the track sorted last week and ran... even with the "visibility" issues

38 minutes ago, iainb said:

That gave the track 3 days to dry! How long does it need? They managed to get the track sorted last week and ran... even with the "visibility" issues

You’ve had a detailed explanation from a former Peterborough promoter who lives very  close to the track. As another former promoter whose parents live just as close I can tell you that the decision was 100% correct. 

12 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

You’ve had a detailed explanation from a former Peterborough promoter who lives very  close to the track. As another former promoter whose parents live just as close I can tell you that the decision was 100% correct. 

So, how long does it take the track to dry out in the height of summer was all I asked. I thought Buster had supposed to be a track wizard

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, iainb said:

So, how long does it take the track to dry out in the height of summer was all I asked. I thought Buster had supposed to be a track wizard

Don't think buster does the track,  sure you will find it's the showground staff that do the preparation.  

6 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Don't think buster does the track,  sure you will find it's the showground staff that do the preparation.  

Was pretty sure he was going round in the tractor in the previous Sheffield match

16 hours ago, Flappy said:

Embarrassing to call it off 

Not if you're doing the organising and paying the bills. 

So... now at Peterborough the match will be called off if there's light drizzle in the air or it's rained within 3 days of a scheduled meeting or if there's a dodgy forecast 36 hours out?

Good luck in getting the fixtures completed. Oh and don't be surprised if they're cramming fixtures in at the end of the season