British Speedway Forum
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Plymouth 28 August 2021

3 hours ago, iainb said:

A decent match, close throughout until Plymouth ran out of steam, 3 riders scoring just 1 point between them was going to catch up with them... and some good racing too.

Ruml looks like a good prospect, but why you'd keep Cook and/or Keleher over Jason Edwards is beyond me unless it's down to numbers. Also Keleher was massively unlucky to be discluded for "unfair riding" in heat 1 it was clearly an all 4 back.

Was good to see Dan swoop by Crump, who, let's be honest is loooong past his use by date, but a good "name" scalp nonetheless. It's a shame Crumpy didn't come round to wave at the crowd after his race victories as I'm sure a lot of the crowd would have wanted to have shown their appreciation.

And to put the cherry on the icing on top of the cake Richard Lawson even graced us with his presence in heat 15... although there were reports of a large lorry load of cash seen backing up to his van in the pits. :P

Iain i agreed with you on the “unfair riding “ exclusion until I looked at a picture posted by Mark Hall that clearly shows the other 3 riders in a normal corner position & Keleher just about to T bone Dan Thompson. To me that would be unfair riding IMO, he impedes Dan from racing so it was the right call by the referee who I have never heard of before .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Well, it's worded differently in the rule book no doubt, unsatisfactory start or first bend bunching, the ref has the facility to put "all four back"... it definitely was not unfair riding.

There's no such rule as "all four back" in a case of first bend bunching.  If the referee stops a race -- at any point, first bend or not -- he "shall disqualify the rider he deems responsible for the stoppage"

5 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Iain i agreed with you on the “unfair riding “ exclusion until I looked at a picture posted by Mark Hall that clearly shows the other 3 riders in a normal corner position & Keleher just about to T bone Dan Thompson. To me that would be unfair riding IMO, he impedes Dan from racing so it was the right call by the referee who I have never heard of before .

A still picture does not tell the whole story though, I'd like to see a video replay of the incident. Who was the ref anyway?

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

There's no such rule as "all four back" in a case of first bend bunching.  If the referee stops a race -- at any point, first bend or not -- he "shall disqualify the rider he deems responsible for the stoppage"

Is that a new rule then? Since when?

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

A still picture does not tell the whole story though, I'd like to see a video replay of the incident. Who was the ref anyway?

Christina Turnbull

• Thanks 1

I was watching from bend one and both me & a mate said all 4 back before ref exc Keleher.

We couldn't believe that Keleher was exc. Clear first bend bunching.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, iainb said:

Is that a new rule then? Since when?

The Ref obviously ( rightly or wrong)did not see it as 1st bend bunching and ex Keleher as cause of stoppage.

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The Ref obviously ( rightly or wrong)did not see it as 1st bend bunching and ex Keleher as cause of stoppage.

Wasn't stated as cause of the stoppage though, announced as unfair riding.

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Wasn't stated as cause of the stoppage though, announced as unfair riding.

That’s what I’m saying.Unfair riding or not the Ref deemed him the cause.

Edited by Fromafar

Must have been something then if it is down as 'unfair riding'. Christina Turnball is a nice person to talk to but she does throw up the odd strange decision sometimes.I dont know if this is one of them as I have only seen a photo image of the incident.  

I don't know, officially, what the definition of unfair riding is but I would have said that it was to deliberately impede a rider causing him to fall. In a first bend melee, traditionally it's been an all 4 back.

A lot of refs seem to rely on the first bend bunching when someone goes down on their own in first bend, which is annoying sometimes. So sometimes it is good to see a ref make a decision but I really need to see a video of it. Is there one anywhere? I might have to scour SM!!

44 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't know, officially, what the definition of unfair riding is but I would have said that it was to deliberately impede a rider causing him to fall. In a first bend melee, traditionally it's been an all 4 back.

We’re talking Christina Turnbull here ,so you will never know with her.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

I'm guessing... perhaps it was just a coincidence that nobody mentioned it, in the 24 hour age of information, until it was too late.

Too late for what? Would people not have gone if they found out he wasn't racing?

1 hour ago, tyretrax said:

Too late for what? Would people not have gone if they found out he wasn't racing?

Eastbourne fans may not have fancied the 400 mile round trip, no. Kennett was advertised as riding after all. 

Edited by iainb