British Speedway Forum

Can anyone see Glasgow, Berwick and Edinburgh moving up as a collective?

If Courtney is involved in both Oxford/Berwick but they wont let Oxford in the prem, makes sense to move the other up probably not financially tho

When will the BSPL let everyone know what's going on lol

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

If Courtney is involved in both Oxford/Berwick but they wont let Oxford in the prem, makes sense to move the other up probably not financially tho

You would think that these clubs would need to do something similar to each other all the time as their business model must be heavily based on 'local' derbies.. 

If only one moves then they are very much stand alone..

And if two move that leaves one left alone.. 

Bottom line though is why would any team "move up" when you can see the vast majority of the same riders each week already in the 2nd tier? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

You would think that these clubs would need to do something similar to each other all the time as their business model must be heavily based on 'local' derbies.. 

If only one moves then they are very much stand alone..

And if two move that leaves one left alone.. 

Bottom line though is why would any team "move up" when you can see the vast majority of the same riders each week already in the 2nd tier? 

I think the championship model is not perfect but as close to manageable as anything else for UK Speedway

Ideally what the championship is now should be what the premiership is maybe with two rising stars per side 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 6:08 AM, Falcon1983 said:

No. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

No. 

doesn't even need an explanation, love it! coz the reality is, why would anyone move up!

34 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

doesn't even need an explanation, love it! coz the reality is, why would anyone move up!

Sheffield must have had a reason! Race nights prob a big reason for them in doing it thinking about it. 

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Doyle

King

Riss

Starke

Heeps

Rowe.

Plus R/S

reading that back more than once makes me feel ill :sad:

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Sheffield must have had a reason! Race nights prob a big reason for them in doing it thinking about it. 

well apart from race nights if you're not a Mon/Thurs club its madness to want to move up

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Doyle

King

Riss

Starke

Heeps

Rowe.

Plus R/S

I will take Starke and King,,, Rowe as an RS, the rest can do one.  Although I have a feeling you are not too far away. 

Alot will come down to what stupid rules and averages the donuts in charge decide to come up with.  

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I will take Starke and King,,, Rowe as an RS, the rest can do one.  Although I have a feeling you are not too far away. 

Alot will come down to what stupid rules and averages the donuts in charge decide to come up with.  

And the first order of the day is pin the tail on the donkey!

On 11/8/2021 at 8:01 PM, Falcon1983 said:

Doyle, Crump, Musielek, Covatti, King, Kemp, Jenkins 

I'd be alright with that but Heeps will be in lol

Sounds good but too much speculation for me as every year we end with an unexpected signing or someone from another part of the world that no one has heard of.

So no traditional AGM this year, all rules have already been agreed, and it’s a 39 points limit for 6 riders plus A rising star. 

6 team Premiership remains although “extra competitions” have been added to increase fixtures.