British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Maybe it's buzz to Peterborough and Nicholls for his final season at Ipswich,, just for old times sake 

More chance of you needing to duck a low flying pig Baldy :D

Obvs will reserve judgement on the side until the full 1-7 of all teams are complete and we’re able to compare but bringing buzz over rather than resigning cook seems a bizarre move for ipswich if true

Anyone signing Cook would be taking a bit of a gamble if we’re being honest. 

He struggled with confidence issues and then took time out for a period with personal issues. 

Maybe some clubs are reluctant to take that gamble..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Maybe they missed Taps entrance money last season when Cook signed 

I am just one humble fan - the greater good for those that remained is far more important. Adding Cook was the only realistic option and kept us vaguely competitive compared to the alternative to be fair

• Like 1

Going by the latest Twitter post next signing will be a Dane! Probably from near Billund given the Lego reference  

NBJ, Patrick Hansen, Vissing.

Or just a Dane in general, Hans or Klindt?

10 minutes ago, DJC said:

Going by the latest Twitter post next signing will be a Dane! Probably from near Billund given the Lego reference  

Looks like nobody on the BSF knows how Ipswich are going to line up then with it being a Dane.

It's not Klindt though. My money is on Basso.

Yeah can't be Klindt  isn't he doing Sweden and Poland. Be interesting if it was Hans, send the Peterborough fans into a bit of a meltdown! lol 

Basso a good shout as Matt and Chris Louis seem to have a good friendship. I can see us being a feeder club to Ipswich tbh.

Edited by lisa-colette

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah can't be Klindt  isn't he doing Sweden and Poland. Be interesting if it was Hans, send the Peterborough fans into a bit of a meltdown! lol 

Basso a good shout as Matt and Chris Louis seem to have a good friendship. I can see us being a feeder club to Ipswich tbh.

Denmark and Poland for Klindt.

Better not be Hans I'll have a meltdown for sure as he's my favourite Panther lol. They can have Ostergaard though.

I agree regarding feeder club. Chris helps Poole out with Danny King and Matt helps Ipswich out by getting Basso in. I scratch your back and you scratch mine as the saying goes.

51 minutes ago, DJC said:

or could just be a reference to putting the pieces together for the team (like lego).... 

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

or could just be a reference to putting the pieces together for the team (like lego).... 

Or just something Doyle said in an interview after winning his World title (I've got no idea "it's better than Lego" means either).

15 hours ago, DJC said:

Maybe Ed 'lego house' Sheeran is getting involved with sponsorship alongside Tru plant :rofl:

• Haha 1

Not saying i am doubting Flappy ,coz he's more in the know than i will ever be ,but what little i do know, Ostergaard isn't a witch this coming season, not saying thats 100% reliable, but i trust that source as he did say Doyley was a certainty a Month ago.