British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Play off Q/F Edinburgh v Redcar Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Well we’ve replaced a 3 star with a 3 star.

My point is whole RS guest rules are an absolute joke. No harm to Edinburgh playing the system, it's the system that's wrong

• Like 4

Agree, can’t blame Edinburgh for using the system as it currently stands to get a good replacement for Kemp. It’s the rule that’s the issue, as it has been all season.

The rules mean the Bears have to have 3 of MPT’s rides covered by riders whose averages are well over 3 below his average.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Leon flint will guest in me lace of drew Kemp for Friday. 

Think this is my last season as a speedway fan. Like many have had a belly full of the joke rules.

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

My point is whole RS guest rules are an absolute joke. No harm to Edinburgh playing the system, it's the system that's wrong

I would still blame Edinburgh for no other reason than  it’s Edinburgh.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Gazc said:

I would still blame Edinburgh for no other reason than it’s Edinburgh.

Weather forecast not too great for Friday. Could be irrelevant .

Just now, Endeavour said:

I think it’s Edinburgh’s fault the weather is crap this time of year as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

It that one of them things with a long trunk.:P

16 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Agree, can’t blame Edinburgh for using the system as it currently stands to get a good replacement for Kemp. It’s the rule that’s the issue, as it has been all season.

The rules mean the Bears have to have 3 of MPT’s rides covered by riders whose averages are well over 3 below his average.

r/r should be 2 above & 2 below. A bit fairer rather than being weakened.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 10:18 PM, Jaizer said:

I was thinking that. Basically telling rider he's not riding for Redcar live on TV. Who decides Peterboroughs title challenge was more important than redcars?

How do you come to that idea. He's broken two fingers, so you are saying that even if he doesn't ride for Panthers he will still be Ok to ride fro Redcar

1 minute ago, crazyb said:

How do you come to that idea. He's broken two fingers, so you are saying that even if he doesn't ride for Panthers he will still be Ok to ride fro Redcar

At the time information was not known. It was Rob Lyon interview on TV which he said he will need time off the bike to be fit for Monday. Hence saying he shouldn't be riding for Redcar Friday and Sunday. 

21 hours ago, Endeavour said:

I am praying for rain tomorrow, there is no way they should be allowed to use Flint in place of Kemp, there is a word to explain this.....CHEATING 

On 9/26/2021 at 5:26 PM, kopite92 said:

3 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

I am praying for rain tomorrow, there is no way they should be allowed to use Flint in place of Kemp, there is a word to explain this.....CHEATING 

It's rained most of today and forecast is pretty much same for tomorrow for the central belt. Should be safe enough, but question is when will it be run? Edinburgh occasionally run on Saturdays but imagine kemp still be away and MPT not available

10 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Or three words, following the rules. Kemp and Flint are each 3* RS riders 

36 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Think you should be taking issue with the rule makers, not a team using them. It is a ridiculous rule but still a rule and Yes I doubt I would pleased if  this was other way about but it is not the team’s fault.

Kemp was fantastic last time at Armadale and is a big miss. Feel for Redcar with MPT situation. We have suffered after Nathan retired and couldn’t use Lawson as a guest.

47 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

The rules are iffy but it's not cheating ffs, get a grip.