J.Allen

T.Aarnio

J.Palin

S.Lambet

Z.Kennedy

R.Kinsley

2 hours ago, eric i said:

Looks likely this will be team now.

Yes a good guess. A shame really as it has the makings of a decent team but Aarnio is a poor choice as third heat leader. 

• Like 2

Home form should be good but not away. I can't see any riders with potential to put points on his average, its a big ask for Palin to keep putting points on his 5.69 average.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the outsider said:

If thats the team then 4/7 that were in my stab at the line-up are there. Douglas, Allen, Palin & Kennedy. Has anyone any idea what average Jordan Palin is on ? On the Green Sheets just says "fifth rider in the team" ? Does he have an official average for team purposes or does he keep Rising Star Ave from 2021 - but has to ride as the 5th rider (lets say his ave is 5.00+) 

I can see where Robs going with that team as Palin; Lambert & Kennedy could all interchange partner Kinsley at reserve. But to be fair I think it lacks a real third heat leader if Aarnio is back ? Lets assume Poole have King , Lawson & Steve Worrall . .I would not be confident we would win the big heats ? Even Oxford with Nicholls, Batch and Ellis (rumoured) would have the whip hand. 

Leicester set the bar for team construct in recent season and hate to say it but with this team Robs probably letting heart rule head again. Tommy Jorgensen would be far better bet than Tero Aarnio home or away. I always think Aarnio is 2-3 bad shows from us making a change ?. Then there was the visa issue last season ?. 

Great that we would have our own version of "the Turbo Twins" at the top end. Also great if the others can "step up" to back them but I'm thinking that theres too much inconsistency in these riders to make me think we will be pushing for the Championship medals in 2022. 

I’m sure Tommy the gun upped his price that’s why he will end up at Berwick or Redcar

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Yes a good guess. A shame really as it has the makings of a decent team but Aarnio is a poor choice as third heat leader. 

Maybe that was what was available.

39 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I’m sure Tommy the gun upped his price that’s why he will end up at Berwick or Redcar

I’m sure a lot of Berwick fans would like to see TJ back at Shielfield,don’t reckon it will happen though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

It could also be a matter of riding order as, even though the announcement says he is no7, I would have him at 6 with ....... at no 7(strongest reserve) for the benefit of the team.

It depends who your reserves are & who your opposition have at reserve to determine whether it's better to have your strongest reserve at 6 or 7!

For example Newcastle were better off putting Freeman at 6 because he couldn't beat anybody & it gave Roynon easier rides to get more points.

But with Glasgow Sedgmen or Nowak should've been strong enough to beat opposition second strings, so makes sense to put them at 6 & have Bailey at 7 to beat opposition reserves!

Edited by szkocjasid

Welcome back Ryan, glad to have you back lad... can't imagine it would have been easy last year only doing NDL until Redcar called last month of the season.. quality around scunny, really happy with that one

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mossy666 said:

I think Broc over Tero. Defo one for the future. Seems to score well most places

Just to cause an argument, why is Broc's ave only 5.5 then?

Edited by szkocjasid

I'm glad for Kinsley getting a team spot, as I am for all Brits, but do feel this is the most underwhelming opening signing I can remember ever!

After his scores last year, can't imagine the signing would be well appreciated!

Would've been better to make him the 7th signing, if there was 3.00 left & Kinsley signed, wouldn't felt a more shrewed move!

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Just to cause an argument, why is Broc's ave only 5.5 then?

I can answer that lol. Consistently inconsistent, probably needed stint at reserve but sedgemans form got worse at reserve so knackered that. He was also bonus point king as raced with cookie most of the season so that will have had an effect

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I can answer that lol. Consistently inconsistent, probably needed stint at reserve but Sedgman's form got worse at reserve so knackered that. He was also bonus point king as raced with cookie most of the season so that will have had an effect

Actually Sedgmen's average never changed much at all, so didn't really get worse. But he certainly didn't UP his average in the way Glasgow would've hoped / expected him to do once dropping to reserve!

6 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm glad for Kinsley getting a team spot, as I am for all Brits, but do feel this is the most underwhelming opening signing I can remember ever!

After his scores last year, can't imagine the signing would be well appreciated!

Would've been better to make him the 7th signing, if there was 3.00 left & Kinsley signed, wouldn't felt a more shrewed move!

To be honest I would say that the signing from a genuine Scunthorpe fans point of view the singling is well appreciated because we have seen the potential in him from 2019 and how he progressed that year and watched him ride regularly in person in that season however I do agree with you could have released the heat leader first !! 

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Actually Sedgmen's average never changed much at all, so didn't really get worse. But he certainly didn't UP his average in the way Glasgow would've hoped / expected him to do once dropping to reserve!

I never said average lol. 7 points against Edinburgh beating Lawson and lawlor, 3/4 points away several times, then an almost maximum once knew was getting the bullet. Watching him every week he just seemed to go backwards every time I saw him, until said almost maximum

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

I’m sure a lot of Berwick fans would like to see TJ back at Shielfield,don’t reckon it will happen though.

I’d have TJ back at Berwick in a heart beat :t:

• Like 2