British Speedway Forum
IronScorpion

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

14 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Probably still quite a number of teams that pay on time, and would seem to be wanted by the fans. It was just an outsiders view that seemed to look like most fans didn't want him, if I'm wrong apologies, but just seemed to be a glut of negative posts about him.

In fairness think a lot of scunthorpe fans don't believe they seen Adam at his best which is probably true . However don't think there is any animosity towards him just think there are potentially better fits for us as a club 

• Like 2

I would like to see Ellis back as he's on a decent average now but I doubt he will because Daugavpils will be difficult to get to for a Saturday meeting. I would like to see Ryan Douglas back but he's doing Poland as well so not sure he will want championship racing. Rumoured limit is 42points and scrapping of fast track so team might look like.....

1.Ryan Douglas/Adam Ellis  7.74/7.76

2.Jake Allen 7.72

3.T. jorgensen 7.28

4.S.Lambet 5.83

5.J.Palin 5.69

6. Ashley Morris 4.68

7.Ryan Kinsley 3.00 

total.   41.94/41.96

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Current GSA (5.84) less the two Eastbourne matches gives 5.69 by my reckoning

Near as dammit.  Actually 5.70

Would be great to see Ryan back but I reckon his eyes are on Poland and another season with Wolves. Not sure that back to Scunny would not be a backward step ?. But if he did then he is coming back as a bone fide No1. Not sure if he is still a Scunny asset but if he is then is it not the time to start making use of our own riders rather than letting someone else have the benefit. It is not guranteed that Jake will be back even ? Despite buying his contract from Somerset ?. Would be brilliant to pair Ryan & Jake together '- "the new Turbo Twins" ? .

I would not put it past Rob to bring Josh Auty back ?; its his delayed testimonial next year and he might still think he can get a tune out of him round Scunny ! Not sure of his average which may kibosh the idea if hes still stuck with last seasons starting average ?

For me Lambo & Jordan are shoe-ins. 

So if it was Ryan & Jake; Tommy might be the third heat leader ? Adam Ellis might have got a return but I think hes more likely to show up back at Poole or new boys Oxford with Rosco ?

I would have no hesitation picking up Zaine Kennedy following his release by Leicester/ Sheffield. A cracking rider around the EWR and pretty handy at most other places. 

Then we need a good young rider at the tail end and someone like Kents Dan Gilkes again one who goes well round the EWR. 

As I say theres ifs and buts about this but if we were lining up; Douglas, Allen, Jorgensen, (Auty) /ANO , Palin Lambert, Kennedy & Gilkes  certainly those six names (less Auty for now) should put us in a good place to try to relive our 2012 Title winning success !

Edited by the outsider

Its certainly going to be an interesting winter and upcoming season with the lower end riders and former rising stars with regards to who is seen as "good value" , who is seen as a future investment and who is seen as hitting the ceiling. Palin on 5.70 could be argued as a bit high, Flint on 6+ likewise if compared to riders like Nicol and Etheridge who are both around 5.5 and spent most of the season at heat leader. If team building is 42 then most of these will likely be slotted in with the lack of power heat leaders in the league but there will be nervy waits for some, Simon Lambert on 5.98 doesn't look a shoe in to improve that number so could be a long winter for him.

11 hours ago, the outsider said:

Would be great to see Ryan back but I reckon his eyes are on Poland and another season with Wolves. Not sure that back to Scunny would not be a backward step ?. But if he did then he is coming back as a bone fide No1. Not sure if he is still a Scunny asset but if he is then is it not the time to start making use of our own riders rather than letting someone else have the benefit. It is not guranteed that Jake will be back even ? Despite buying his contract from Somerset ?. Would be brilliant to pair Ryan & Jake together '- "the new Turbo Twins" ? .

I would not put it past Rob to bring Josh Auty back ?; its his delayed testimonial next year and he might still think he can get a tune out of him round Scunny ! Not sure of his average which may kibosh the idea if hes still stuck with last seasons starting average ?

For me Lambo & Jordan are shoe-ins. 

So if it was Ryan & Jake; Tommy might be the third heat leader ? Adam Ellis might have got a return but I think hes more likely to show up back at Poole or new boys Oxford with Rosco ?

I would have no hesitation picking up Zaine Kennedy following his release by Leicester/ Sheffield. A cracking rider around the EWR and pretty handy at most other places. 

Then we need a good young rider at the tail end and someone like Kents Dan Gilkes again one who goes well round the EWR. 

As I say theres ifs and buts about this but if we were lining up; Douglas, Allen, Jorgensen, (Auty) /ANO , Palin Lambert, Kennedy & Gilkes  certainly those six names (less Auty for now) should put us in a good place to try to relive our 2012 Title winning success !

Listening to the interview with Ryan on the speedway podcast today, he seems really keen to have a team place in the Championship. Just have to work around his Polish fixtures. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Listening to the interview with Ryan on the speedway podcast today, he seems really keen to have a team place in the Championship. Just have to work around his Polish fixtures. 

A midweek club then??;)

30 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

A midweek club then??;)

Ha, they did mention Weds and Fri clubs! I can't remember which reporter interviewed him from the 4 they have, but they seemed to think it will be Scunthorpe.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Its certainly going to be an interesting winter and upcoming season with the lower end riders and former rising stars with regards to who is seen as "good value" , who is seen as a future investment and who is seen as hitting the ceiling. Palin on 5.70 could be argued as a bit high, Flint on 6+ likewise if compared to riders like Nicol and Etheridge who are both around 5.5 and spent most of the season at heat leader. If team building is 42 then most of these will likely be slotted in with the lack of power heat leaders in the league but there will be nervy waits for some, Simon Lambert on 5.98 doesn't look a shoe in to improve that number so could be a long winter for him.

He has his place sorted 

• Thanks 1

Could all be from Queensland?

Can't wait for the team to be announced good heat leaders strong second string and a good base at reserve . Still be bottom of league though according to all the Rob G haters :t:

If this team finishes bottom of the league I will personally do 4 laps of the track naked :D

• Haha 1

Hows this sound 

Douglas ; Allen; Jorgensen; Lambert ; Palin; Kennedy; MacDonald. 

Proper "Aussie connection" there.