British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

I’d go r/r for Ulrich then everyone can take a ride. Guest for Hans

Yes agree that is the best option , There are questions though that need answering. Did he get concussion, it has been inferred but not stated. If he didn't get concussion then Hans can ride if he feels able to and that would be a massive bonus to Peterborough.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Lawson or Cook for me. A gamble I know but whoever it is will be a gamble

If Hans definitely cannot ride i would risk Crumpy, I thought Lawson was still injured.

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I wouldn't disagree but you cant go moving the goalposts after the Play Offs have started.

Maybe they should have changed that rule at the start of the season knowing there were only going to be six teams in the league.

Could Peterborough find a loophole like Poole always did.The wording from the rules is no rider, whose team is in the play offs may appear as a guest in the play offs, in that league.

Wolves and Sheffield are no longer in the play offs.They should have said who's team qualified for the play offs.Old Fordy would get away with that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

What's the difference with Kerr guesting for Ully?

Putting it that way nothing but I still feel it's very harsh 

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I did question Kerr as although he rode well at Peterborough only scored 4 in his previous meeting at Belle Vue   so a management mistake in my opinion. 

Probably an Allitt interference.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I did question Kerr as although he rode well at Peterborough only scored 4 in his previous meeting at Belle Vue   so a management mistake in my opinion. 

Scored 9 in A fixture and in British Final 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Scored 9 in A fixture and in British Final 

I would go with latest form but I suppose he was insurance but in the end only had three rides mainly due to Palin's superstar performance which was astounding.

Edited by foreverblue

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Maybe they should have changed that rule at the start of the season knowing there were only going to be six teams in the league.

Could Peterborough find a loophole like Poole always did.The wording from the rules is no rider, whose team is in the play offs may appear as a guest in the play offs, in that league.

Wolves and Sheffield are no longer in the play offs.They should have said who's team qualified for the play offs.Old Fordy would get away with that one.

I don’t agree. Rightly or wrongly, the rule is clear. As Wolves, Sheffield, Belle Vue and Peterborough were the teams in the play offs, then none of their riders are allowed to guest for any other play off team. It would be absurd to allow guys like Morris, Schlein, Douglas, Howarth, Batchelor, Becker, Pickering etc to guest for Hans in the final. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/11/2021 at 10:40 AM, scoobydoo said:

Bewley isnt a team rider  ,let him go in his rides & pack the other places and target the races hes not in ,hes not unbeatable even Jordan beat him at NSS 

Heat 15 classic Bewley , hit the front clear off , look at me winning by miles ,last lap oh no Steve is last and the Panthers are team riding him out but im to far ahead now wish i had looked around,  oh never mind at least i won the race and i look good  , now whats the score again

Edited by scoobydoo
Wrong rider last
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would go with latest form but I suppose he was insurance but in the end only had three rides mainly due to Palin's superstar performance which was astounding.

Latest form doesn't always give the full picture   example did you expect that score from Scott Nicholls 

• Like 2

Can guests come from the championship?

12 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Latest form doesn't always give the full picture   example did you expect that score from Scott Nicholls 

No but no one could have predicted that, he was incredible, never seen him ride at Belle Vue like that before.

5 minutes ago, noggin said:

Yes,as long as they aren't in the Premier play off teams.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, noggin said:

Don't they all?  :)

• Haha 1