British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

End of season by the looks of it.

4 of their own and 3 ringers each match...

What's not to like? :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Farcical if so.

Problem for Plymouth is how do you replace them? Kennet, Gilkes and Atkins for Morley, sedgeman and Sam Jensen? If getting away with the guests it's stronger than possible replacements currently available

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Farcical if so.

It is,but that’s Speedway for you.Just enjoy the racing the results are meaningless.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Problem for Plymouth is how do you replace them? Kennet, Gilkes and Atkins for Morley, sedgeman and Sam Jensen? If getting away with the guests it's stronger than possible replacements currently available

Trouble is come the playoffs when they can't use guests from other top 5 teams. Could cost them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Trouble is come the playoffs when they can't use guests from other top 5 teams. Could cost them. 

Still have 6 teams riders to choose from. If was me I'd be wanting my own riders as guests can be hit or miss

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It is,but that’s Speedway for you.Just enjoy the racing the results are meaningless.

You say that..

But it would still be good to see the Plymouth Bears/Diamonds/Tigers/Pirates/Brummies/Scorpions/Lions/Monarchs/Cheetahs/Bandits Gladiators in the play offs... :D

Edited by mikebv

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Adam Ellis may come in handy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

End of season by the looks of it.

I'm pretty sure once Atkins' ban for withholding service is over Plymouth will have to sign a replacement.

My guess on the other two is that while their prognosis or return date remains uncertain we will continue to have a facility to use. But I'd be shocked if we didn't sign Morley until Gilkes returns (if indeed he does this season).

While I don't know specifics I do know Plymouth are actively looking at replacements for both short and long term however it's not always easy with the low availability of riders and the politics in the continued farcical world of the BSPA.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

I'm pretty sure once Atkins' ban for withholding service is over Plymouth will have to sign a replacement.

My guess on the other two is that while their prognosis or return date remains uncertain we will continue to have a facility to use. But I'd be shocked if we didn't sign Morley until Gilkes returns (if indeed he does this season).

While I don't know specifics I do know Plymouth are actively looking at replacements for both short and long term however it's not always easy with the low availability of riders and the politics in the continued farcical world of the BSPA.

Has Atkins  got aNDL Team place.? Don’t think Champoinship Clubs will be queuing up for him with that attitude.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

Plymouth can always have Ablitt when Poole give him the push ?

What about 'Keleher' ?

If there are available riders to sign .... then I don't think guests should be permitted.

Edited by GiveusaB

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

What about 'Keleher' ?

If there are available riders to sign .... then I don't think guests should be permitted.

Just because a rider is alive and breathing doesn't mean they are available. I'm aware of Plymouth courting at least one rider and genuinely saying "name your price" and still not able to get them to sign, so I believe they are trying very hard to replace Kennett. The only way around these issues is Squads. and squads don't work in the UK because the sport cannot afford squads. Squads only happen with big signing on fees, that's the only way a rider is prepared to make themselves available for work and not be employed while someone else is riding.

• Like 1

What about 'Keleher' ?

What do you mean when. ?? 

I'm expecting Ablitt to be at Poole for the season.:t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What about 'Keleher' ?

Hopefully we won't see Birmingham using guests for auty then :nono:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lewy said:

Hopefully we won't see Birmingham using guests for auty then :nono:

Hopefully not !

We have only used one once out of the 3 available meetings? not that I'm too bothered either way. I think we may have done what was most cost effective to the Club, as opposed to what effect it would have on the meeting outcome.

52 minutes ago, wtf said:

Just because a rider is alive and breathing doesn't mean they are available. I'm aware of Plymouth courting at least one rider and genuinely saying "name your price" and still not able to get them to sign, so I believe they are trying very hard to replace Kennett. The only way around these issues is Squads. and squads don't work in the UK because the sport cannot afford squads. Squads only happen with big signing on fees, that's the only way a rider is prepared to make themselves available for work and not be employed while someone else is riding.

I didn't say or specify by what an available criteria should be ?

To clarify....I would expect a new signing to have a similar average and a similar contract/terms etc....

I wouldn't expect a club to have to cough up extra money etc....just like for like IF available.