British Speedway Forum
lbw

Leicester vs Poole semi 2nd leg (prov) Sat 16th

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol, just going on what Danny Ford has said! ;) Surely you agree then announce. I guess it is going ahead as they are looking at cover for Rory in case he can't ride cos he aggrievated an old shoulder injury, so the local paper says. 

It wasn't listed as a fixture on our website but it is now. Saturday was also mentioned in the match report. Middlo said in the interview that Rory had the shoulder strapped up and hoped he would ok for Saturday but guest options are very limited.

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol, just going on what Danny Ford has said! ;) Surely you agree then announce. I guess it is going ahead as they are looking at cover for Rory in case he can't ride cos he aggrievated an old shoulder injury, so the local paper says. 

I'm a friend of an official at Leicester......and I don't mean a track guy, steward, announcer or otherwise.

Official word to quote, " the match is on without question. We are ready to go & so are Poole"

Hope this ends all the speculation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

I'm a friend of an official at Leicester......and I don't mean a track guy, steward, announcer or otherwise.

Official word to quote, " the match is on without question. We are ready to go & so are Poole"

Hope this ends all the speculation.

Well it won't when Poole have said publicly that they haven't agreed to Saturday! 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Well it won't when Poole have said publicly that they haven't agreed to Saturday! 

They must have agreed it now or it wouldn't be listed as a fixture on our website.

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It wasn't listed as a fixture on our website but it is now. Saturday was also mentioned in the match report. Middlo said in the interview that Rory had the shoulder strapped up and hoped he would ok for Saturday but guest options are very limited.

I guess they must have sorted it out from last night at the press conference to this morning. I guess we are allowed our facility ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I guess they must have sorted it out from last night at the press conference to this morning. I guess we are allowed our facility ;)

Why wouldn't we be allowed a facility?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why wouldn't we be allowed a facility?

Depends on the reason given I guess. All I was told was apparently we were waiting to see if we could get a facility for Rory. Which sounded strange to me as if he has injured himself you would automatically think you would get one. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gemini said:

Can he ride for Leicester again? I'm not up to date with the rules these days but I thought he couldn't being as he already rode at Poole.

Yes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Depends on the reason given I guess. All I was told was apparently we were waiting to see if we could get a facility for Rory. Which sounded strange to me as if he has injured himself you would automatically think you would get one. 

You do get one providing its supported with a Doctors certificate.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

It’s pretty obvious if you produce a Doctors certificate  you would be allowed a Guest.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s pretty obvious if you produce a Doctors certificate  you would be allowed a Guest.

That's what I mean! So why were they apparently asking for a facility and waiting to see if we get one before agreeing. Unless they were just waiting to see who is available to guest :unsure: 

Looks like Poole don’t have much to chose from on the guest front (assuming riders from play off teams aren’t an option). The rider with the next highest average to Schlein is Ben Barker and his average is almost a point less than Rory’s! Only Worrall wouldn’t be able to take an extra ride so R/R might be their best bet (like I really care!).

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

The debate over the Saturday fixture was started by some leicester fans at Wimborne Road last night who said they already knew Rory would not be available on Saturday due to a prior engagement!!  This rumour quickly spread around the stadium and then Rory got his heat 15 injury and was seen by the medics!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The debate over the Saturday fixture was started by some leicester fans at Wimborne Road last night who said they already knew Rory would not be available on Saturday due to a prior engagement!!  This rumour quickly spread around the stadium and then Rory got his heat 15 injury and was seen by the medics!!

Ah okay, fair enough. 

54 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Looks like Poole don’t have much to chose from on the guest front (assuming riders from play off teams aren’t an option). The rider with the next highest average to Schlein is Ben Barker and his average is almost a point less than Rory’s! Only Worrall wouldn’t be able to take an extra ride so R/R might be their best bet (like I really care!).

But a little bit interested, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered looking!;)

• Like 1