British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Glasgow /Edinburgh Play Off SF 21 & 22 October

9 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Sorry didn't understand the northern humour, being a former Eastbourne fan and everyone banging on about our trick track and home advantage I thought it was the same with Edinburgh. I'll retreat back nearer home now.

Joke being given our pumping there last week, we are highly apprehensive about this evening.

Hope better news for the eagles in coming months :t:

Just now, Jaizer said:

Joke being given our pumping there last week, we are highly apprehensive about this evening.

Hope better news for the eagles in coming months :t:

Thanks, fingers crossed but not holding out a lot of hope at the moment, have seen both Edinburgh and Glasgow over the couple of years at Arlington, always exciting/interesting meetings one way or another!! 

2 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Thanks, fingers crossed but not holding out a lot of hope at the moment, have seen both Edinburgh and Glasgow over the couple of years at Arlington, always exciting/interesting meetings one way or another!! 

Haha yes let's not talk about "the incident".

From the easty thread seems a lot of issues with Mr Jordan. Shame bit of a British speedway institution

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Haha yes let's not talk about "the incident".

From the easty thread seems a lot of issues with Mr Jordan. Shame bit of a British speedway institution

That was a weird meeting, at least Tom Brennen came back from such a bad injury, one of the worst moments I've seen, but doing the business now, strange he's ended up at Glasgow through, he's the next Bewley hopefully. 

Edited by gazzac

7 minutes ago, gazzac said:

That was a weird meeting, at least Tom Brennen came back from such a bad injury, one of the worst moments I've seen, but doing the business now, strange he's ended up at Glasgow through, he's the next Bewley hopefully. 

Aye that's the funny world of speedway.

Yeah the lads top class, proper racer as well. Gating come on a ton last month or so

Phew, can't say that's felt as easy as 30-30 but only need finishers now. Bring on the pie-rats :P

Well done to the Tigers, thoroughly professional job - different mindset to last week. But a good solid all round performance from the Monarchs that gives me hope for tomorrow.

Hope Edinburgh had a quiet word with Cam, while he was up, about next season.

Beaten fair and square. No complaints.

Kye looking bit down on power. Hope sorted for tomorrow.

10 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Tend to agree. Tigers dialled in last night. Practiced in afternoon so they were well prepared. Job done. Still feel Poole will be too strong for Glasgow in league and us in the Cup. 

I not sure they practiced in the afternoon,as they were still trying to sort  out the entrance to 3rd bend from the heavy rain on Wed  when I arrived at 6pm,

as it does not dry out due to the shelter of the greyhound board.Even if they did that’s their perogative.

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I not sure they practiced in the afternoon,as they were still trying to sort  out the entrance to 3rd bend from the heavy rain on Wed  when I arrived at 6pm,

as it does not dry out due to the shelter of the greyhound board.Even if they did that’s their perogative.

I don’t think anyone is disputing that…..

Just now, JanAndersen said:

I don’t think anyone is disputing that…..

I was really disputing that there was a practice session though.Maybe somebody more in the know could tell me.

4 hours ago, gazzac said:

Sorry didn't understand the northern humour, being a former Eastbourne fan and everyone banging on about our trick track and home advantage I thought it was the same with Edinburgh. I'll retreat back nearer home now.

Don't retreat on my behalf!

You're right, a lot of people say the same about Edinburgh. Trick track, home advantage, etc. It's usually a lazy claim, backed up by little or no evidence to support the opinion and make it fact.

Long live small, technical (not trick) tracks, including Eastbourne :)

1 hour ago, eide67 said:

Well done to the Tigers, thoroughly professional job - different mindset to last week. But a good solid all round performance from the Monarchs that gives me hope for tomorrow.

It was a p1ss poor performance from our top 3. Only 3 race wins from 14 outings. Unacceptable. They'll need to win at least 10 out of 14 tomorrow to give us a chance of gaining a decent result.

I guess, if we have to endure play offs in this country, at least it's the top 2 contesting the final. On that basis, the aggregate score was justice and the potential of a 'tainted title' for Monarchs has been put to bed.

• Like 1