Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

On 3/14/2022 at 6:15 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

 

I didn't think clubs were allowed to sign foreign protected assets without them representing them immediately anymore.......

I believe Oxford's NL rider Luke Killeen has joined them on loan from Wolverhampton?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I believe Oxford's NL rider Luke Killeen has joined them on loan from Wolverhampton?

There's no problem with Wolves signing a British kid.  They're discussing whether clubs can sign foreign assets without them riding for that club.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I believe Oxford's NL rider Luke Killeen has joined them on loan from Wolverhampton?

Isn't he British? Not the same if so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Completely wrong.

I guess you missed the news from yesterday's press day where Blodorn was given the No.6 jacket and spoke to the gathered press via facetime?   Just can't come over yet because his visa has been held up.  Good old Brexit.

Don't need visa to practise and didn't have visa when he did Peter Craven last year and couple of other individuals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Completely wrong.

I guess you missed the news from yesterday's press day where Blodorn was given the No.6 jacket and spoke to the gathered press via facetime?   Just can't come over yet because his visa has been held up.  Good old Brexit.

Don't see why the visa stopped him coming over for a visit on press day. Why did Lemon say he hoped Jye Etheridge would get in to the main body of the team, if you have Blodorn and Brennan, Jye is already in the main body of the team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Why did Lemon say he hoped Jye Etheridge would get in to the main body of the team, 

Because Lemon said no such thing?  Quite the contrary.  He gave Etheridge the No.2 jacket yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Because Lemon said no such thing?  Quite the contrary.  He gave Etheridge the No.2 jacket yesterday.

Oh yes he did.

 

Club CEO Mark Lemon said: “Filling these last couple of team places has had its challenges. I was prepared to wait however I can say, I’m delighted that Jye has agreed to re-join us in 2022. 

“He’s a quite a character in the pits and committed on track, and I’m confident he will continue to develop in Premiership competition.

“I feel he is capable of moving into the main body of the team, and the fact that he has raced with the majority of the lads in previous seasons means he slots into this team composition nicely.”

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Club CEO Mark Lemon said: “Filling these last couple of team places has had its challenges. I was prepared to wait however I can say, I’m delighted that Jye has agreed to re-join us in 2022. 

He’s a quite a character in the pits and committed on track, and I’m confident he will continue to develop in Premiership competition.

“I feel he is capable of moving into the main body of the team, and the fact that he has raced with the majority of the lads in previous seasons means he slots into this team composition nicely.”

Thanks for proving me right.   As I pointed out, Lemon didn't say he "hoped" Etheridge could move up.

He said he believes he's capable of moving into the main body of the team (having been reserve last year).   That's clearly why he's giving him the no.2 job to do this year.    

Edited by RoundTheBoards
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Oh yes he did.

 

Club CEO Mark Lemon said: “Filling these last couple of team places has had its challenges. I was prepared to wait however I can say, I’m delighted that Jye has agreed to re-join us in 2022. 

“He’s a quite a character in the pits and committed on track, and I’m confident he will continue to develop in Premiership competition.

“I feel he is capable of moving into the main body of the team, and the fact that he has raced with the majority of the lads in previous seasons means he slots into this team composition nicely.”

 

I read that as he is confident he can cope with being in the 1-5 (as he will be whereas he hasn't been previously)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I read that as he is confident he can cope with being in the 1-5 (as he will be whereas he hasn't been previously)

Exactly.   

Don't even know why he's deliberately misreading it.  There are photos online from the press day yesterday of Etheridge wearing No.2.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Bet if he can't get a visa he can't get into the country

Sorry. I got mixed up with work permit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Thanks for proving me right.   As I pointed out, Lemon didn't say he "hoped" Etheridge could move up.

He said he believes he's capable of moving into the main body of the team (having been reserve last year).   That's clearly why he's giving him the no.2 job to do this year.    

He's capable of moving into the main body means he is starting at reserve which he isn't. Also Jye Etheridge said

“My main aim is to put a few more points on my average to get into the main body of the team and hopefully stay there

Edited by foreverblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I read that as he is confident he can cope with being in the 1-5 (as he will be whereas he hasn't been previously)

Not how I read it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Sorry. I got mixed up with work permit 

No work permits anymore as far as I know 

Just various Visas which allow different things 

I may be wrong but I think when a few years back the Government clamped down there were a few Aussies on visitor Visas who had a spin after the meeting which was deemed to be not in accordance with their visa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He's capable of moving into the main body means he is starting at reserve which he isn't. Also Jye Etheridge said

“My main aim is to put a few more points on my average to get into the main body of the team and hopefully stay there

 

26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Not how I read it. 

You've quoted Etheridge not Lemon

 Riders having much of a clue of scores and averages is just too big a stretch on reality :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy