British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2022

On 10/22/2021 at 1:33 PM, OdsalBoy said:

Only rider i would definitely like to see return to Owlerton is Josh Pickering.

Wouldn't say no to Zaine Kennedy being given another go either.

You don't even want Jack Holder?

12 hours ago, Trees said:

You don't even want Jack Holder?

Would be delighted if Jack returned, however just my opinion I that i would love to see Josh Pickering as the first name on the team sheet. 

On 10/22/2021 at 1:33 PM, OdsalBoy said:

Only rider i would definitely like to see return to Owlerton is Josh Pickering.

Is JP a Sheffield asset? 

How’s this for a principle: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. The present riders (with a single exception) served us well in 2021. Why not keep that team together? There is only one rider who consistently let us down who needs to be replaced. The other six I would be very pleased to see retained.

Remember – Sheffield is the only team that could go the eventual champions and beat them by 12 points. TB scored 7 + 1 on that occasion; replace him with a rider that can do that on a regular basis and we’d have a team that could threaten all comers.

My team would therefore be:
Jack Holder
Adam Ellis
AN Other
Josh Pickering
Kyle Howarth
Stefan Nielsen
Danyon Hume

• Thanks 1

Good point but maybe you are forgetting if you have a good season they bring in rules to break teams up! So maybe 3/4 depending what averages are like. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Good point but maybe you are forgetting if you have a good season they bring in rules to break teams up! So maybe 3/4 depending what averages are like. 

There are no rules that I know of which might prevent Sheffield from signing up the six riders named, plus  a seventh rider whose average takes the total team averages up to whatever points limit is agreed. Perhaps some of the mathematicians on this forum might do the sums to tell us who that seventh rider might be.

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

How’s this for a principle: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. The present riders (with a single exception) served us well in 2021. Why not keep that team together? There is only one rider who consistently let us down who needs to be replaced. The other six I would be very pleased to see retained.

Remember – Sheffield is the only team that could go the eventual champions and beat them by 12 points. TB scored 7 + 1 on that occasion; replace him with a rider that can do that on a regular basis and we’d have a team that could threaten all comers.

My team would therefore be:
Jack Holder
Adam Ellis
AN Other
Josh Pickering
Kyle Howarth
Stefan Nielsen
Danyon Hume

To be honest,this is who I would have back.......

J.holder

Josh.p

Kyle.h

Stefan.n

Danyon.h

Although Adam is a decent rider,he's too inconsistent and tends to fall a fair bit.

I like batch but he certainly has an issue riding for us.

Just now, 4thbender said:

Adam a decent rider? ... he's the British champ!

And all the wins pretty much due to his rolling starts....that's another issue I have with him.

• Like 2

Say what you want but I'd rather have him inside the tent pi55ing out than outside the tent pi55ing in.

5 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Adam a decent rider? ... he's the British champ!

So were Danny King and Charles Wright in recent years, also “decent” riders. Being British champion doesn’t necessarily elevate you to anything more than that. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, Moranboys said:

J.holder

Josh.p

Kyle.h

Stefan.n

Danyon.h

Although Adam is a decent rider,he's too inconsistent and tends to fall a fair bit.

What?  Adam inconsistent? Really?

Yet you would keep Stefan Nielsen who has had a significant amount of time out injured just about every season since he started?!?!?

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

So were Danny King and Charles Wright in recent years, also “decent” riders. Being British champion doesn’t necessarily elevate you to anything more than that. 

It elevates you to the level of being demonstrably able to compete (and win) at the highest level in British speedway. Just the kind of rider any sensible team manager would want in their side.

6 hours ago, Moranboys said:

J.holder

Josh.p

Kyle.h

Stefan.n

Danyon.h

Yeah that broken back last year when he was taken out from behind in Croatia. Totally his fault 

7 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Say what you want but I'd rather have him inside the tent pi55ing out than outside the tent pi55ing in.