British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

I think the Richie Worrall injury was during a televised  meeting.

We won't be having Steve W as Dickson has said that Morris is his No.1.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

Not sure that we are having Stevie either now according to rumours. Seems Richard Lawson as signed for the Pirates according to our thread & broke his Plymouth contract or somet which means no room for Stevie. Dunno.

Tiz the season to be rumoured!! :lol:

16 hours ago, LionsFan said:

Wasn't he taken to hospital in a shopping trolley?

16 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Correct, June 28th he injured his ankle at Poole vs Aces. Did a bit of research coz me noggin not great!! :o

I do remember him sitting on the track a long time while they waited the return of the ambulance.

I remember his injury because I am sure I read somewhere when Richie got injured because the ambulance was taking too long they pushed Richie on the stretcher the short distance from the stadium to the hospital . Also because at the next Lions meeting Stewart was moaning that he was wearing his lions race suit which had to be cut off :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 11:26 PM, TheScotsman said:

Wheeeeeere's Richie?!! 

Announced this morning 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

:party: phew

Disappointed he verbally agreed to go back to Edinburgh then signed for Leicester. Will miss his points at home. Struggled at Glasgow and a few other alway tracks.

Just now, Endeavour said:

Disappointed he verbally agreed to go back to Edinburgh then signed for Leicester. Will miss his points at home. Struggled at Glasgow and a few other alway tracks.

Yeah that leaves a bitter taste. 

Just to clarify not to diminish Richie's ability as a rider he just wouldn't be good signing for my team. Before the abuse starts ha

• Like 2

As a Leicester fan obviously I'm happy with Richie coming back to the lions den. He can improve on his average and I think he has unfinished business with us. It the statement it also says more news expected in the next few days. 

On 11/15/2021 at 11:26 PM, TheScotsman said:

Wheeeeeere's Richie?!! 

There ya go! 

There was talk earlier on this thread that we would be signing an Australian from a northern track, so would Jordan Stewart fit at 4, assuming Howarth and the twins will be back?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

1 to go then.

1. Nick Morris

2. Connor Mountain

3. Kyle Howarth

5. Richie Worrall

6. Dan Thompson

7. Joe Thompson

If I've done my sums correctly, I reckon that leaves 4.37 left for the final position. That would mean that Dan would remain in the 1 to 5 and not drop back to reserve (his comfort zone). There isn't much out there for that figure. Sarjeant would fit, but no thanks!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

If I've done my sums correctly, I reckon that leaves 4.37 left for the final position. That would mean that Dan would remain in the 1 to 5 and not drop back to reserve (his comfort zone). There isn't much out there for that figure. Sarjeant would fit, but no thanks!

Anders Rowe fits.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Anders Rowe fits.

He's got red hair, so I suppose he could pass himself off as being "Australian".

Henceforth to be known as Bluey Rowe

• Like 1