British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, ray c said:

lets hope we are not in the championship in 2023 neither  but back where we belong :t:

Let's hope your right I'm sure most of the championship is in full agreement :party:

Edited by lewy

1 minute ago, lewy said:

Let's hope you I'm sure most of the championship is in full agreement :party:

perhaps you will come with us :drink:

2 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Rumour has it Matt and Danny Ford got together with Boris Johnson and his team of cronies at No.10 to word the Ben Basso statement over a few bottles of wine and select plate of the finest cheeses. 

The statement got given the green light to go public by Cressida Dick who was also in attendance.

Christmas presents were also handed out but nobody knew who brought them their gifts.

Will you be changing your user name to BassoontoGlasgow?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

You have absolutely no clue what Glasgow pay their riders or a clue what's in his contract. Bad enough get this rubbishe from clubs already in championship but when you're getting from Poole fans? Just take the bitter pill that is your own medicine n realise you're not the be all and end all of British speedway

Any outsider reading Poole’s statement on Basso would think that there was a degree of loyalty within the sport. Loyalty should be a two way street. In speedway, riders can be signed up and moved on within weeks if they don’t hit the ground running. Nobody is more ruthless in doing this than Poole. Money talks, get used to it.

• Like 7

I support Poole, but from a pure racing logistics perspective this move makes sense for Basso.

Being a Dane he has to give DK priority, not only from a sponsors perspective but also to enable him to qualify for not only Individual DK honours but also for bigger international meetings like SEC/SGP. World U21 title etc. 

Secondly he will ride for Peterborough in Prem meaning that ties up lots of Mon/Thur not incl how attractive he may be as a guest for some teams with his low GSA as a first season in Prem rider. Wed will have obvious clashes with DK in lots of cases/ Riding for Glasgow gives him in effect Mon/Thur Prem, Glasgow Friday/odd Tue/Sunday Sat & Wed (Champ). Factor in Sun POL plus I heard rumour of maybe POL U24 meetings on Tue/Sat/Sun which would again make possible a Wed track in UK difficult.

I think Basso will have a pretty full calendar in 2022 without a UK Wed racing track most weeks.

Much as I hate to say it but riding a Fri track like Glasgow with owners with deep pockets helps him 2 fold (financially & logistically)even if it hurts for us to lose such a POTENTIAL talent.

If the top 3 are as rumoured on this forum King/Worrall/Lawson then it kind of heads towards what some thought i.e both Ben & Zach Cook, Kemp and a 2 pointer (Ablitt or Mulford).

Interesting as when Danny Ford was interviewed a while back in the Echo, I am sure he mentioned that we are now a feeder club for the top Prem and overseas young riders That could be the case with the 2 young Aussies at 24/22 - Kemp at 19 and the 2 x 2 pointers both 17 in March this year.

Okay, so if he is doing the Poland under 24 thing which is Tues, Sat and Sun, how is he doing away meetings for Glasgow against teams that ride on that night? Who has priority UK or Poland? Or is that a stupid question?! 

29 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Any outsider reading Poole’s statement on Basso would think that there was a degree of loyalty within the sport. Loyalty should be a two way street. In speedway, riders can be signed up and moved on within weeks if they don’t hit the ground running. Nobody is more ruthless in doing this than Poole. Money talks, get used to it.

Exactly and that is what they did in 2021. They got rid of Keleher and as Mr Shovlar has said spent big to get in Basso. As I've said in another post the Ford's reaction is purely to get a story in the local press and to get the pirates sheep, sorry fans, to support them, and get angry with Glasgow rather than with them. They must be lining up another purchase of a chateau :t:

• Like 4

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Okay, so if he is doing the Poland under 24 thing which is Tues, Sat and Sun, how is he doing away meetings for Glasgow against teams that ride on that night? Who has priority UK or Poland? Or is that a stupid question?! 

Yep 

4 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Exactly and that is what they did in 2021. They got rid of Keleher and as Mr Shovlar has said spent big to get in Basso. As I've said in another post the Ford's reaction is purely to get a story in the local press and to get the pirates sheep, sorry fans, to support them, and get angry with Glasgow rather than with them. They must be lining up another purchase of a chateau :t:

Not in the local press that I have seen, just on the website...

Who keeps the club going? Not Basso, so the Ford's can say whatever they like imo. As long as the club survives idc.

Edited by lisa-colette

Now they've put on the article on twitter, it could start to kick off. Pass the popcorn! I mean someone has called Matt 'toxic' :blink: in regards to Keheller! 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Now they've put on the article on twitter, it could start to kick off. Pass the popcorn! I mean someone has called Matt 'toxic' :blink: in regards to Keheller! 

To be honest don’t think anyone cares what they have put on twatter except Poole fans.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Gazc said:

To be honest don’t think anyone cares what they have put on twatter except Poole fans.

More comments from non-Poole fans on there atm, esp on the Social Speedway account.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

More comments from non-Poole fans on there atm, esp on the Social Speedway account.

Must be at the wind up then , going by on here outside off Poole there’s not many that interested.

Pleased we don’t have to put up with shovlars sh*te over on the premiership part of the forum anymore, what a total moron

• Like 2