British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Well we've signed some steady back up guys, we now need to sign someone that can win Heat 1 and 15, home or away.....

Think it maybe vissing it will not be Ellis as the new Promotion will not pay the money he is asking. 

On 12/30/2021 at 4:41 PM, ljriley90 said:

Shanes was at 3 for most the year so him slotting in at 2 alongside a proper number 1 should ease a little pressure.

Riding at 3 suits Shanes more than riding at 2. Shanes can't gate, so he will come last in heat 1 every time  Number 2's night is over earlier than number 3's, because he can gate Shanes has more chance of picking up points in later meeting as the dirt line develops.

Shane's is a terrible rider,danger to himself and other riders,accident waiting to happen. 

31 minutes ago, lewy said:

Shane's is a terrible rider,danger to himself and other riders,accident waiting to happen. 

I’m not sure I’d go as far as saying he’s a danger to others, and perhaps “terrible” is too strong a word to use. In my view, he’s a terrific grass and long tracker, sports that require riders to sit on the seat all the way through, but can’t adapt his style to speedway where the top riders move off their seat during the race to switch between grip and speed. If you watch Zmarzlik for instance, he never stays still. 
I watched the 1980 (I think) Intercontinental Final on YouTube recently, won by Chris Morton and you could see him doing the same thing, working the bike for the whole race. James just seems to let the bike work him. 
I had hoped that riding in the same team as Chris Harris would have helped him by spotting how the Bomber changes styles for different disciplines but maybe James is too set in his ways to change? After all, he’s been riding grasstrack since he was 6!

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 11:20 AM, Trackerman48 said:

Think it maybe vissing it will not be Ellis as the new Promotion will not pay the money he is asking. 

I think he has priced himself out the market and will get a spot if a riders form dips or gets injured , also from the terrace chat last year at Scunthorpe I heard he’s on a guaranteed wage even if he has a bad night

23 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I’m not sure I’d go as far as saying he’s a danger to others, and perhaps “terrible” is too strong a word to use. In my view, he’s a terrific grass and long tracker, sports that require riders to sit on the seat all the way through, but can’t adapt his style to speedway where the top riders move off their seat during the race to switch between grip and speed. If you watch Zmarzlik for instance, he never stays still. 
I watched the 1980 (I think) Intercontinental Final on YouTube recently, won by Chris Morton and you could see him doing the same thing, working the bike for the whole race. James just seems to let the bike work him. 
I had hoped that riding in the same team as Chris Harris would have helped him by spotting how the Bomber changes styles for different disciplines but maybe James is too set in his ways to change? After all, he’s been riding grasstrack since he was 6!

Yeah maybe a bit harsh, but great comments by yourself and I agree wholeheartedly :t:

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

I think he has priced himself out the market and will get a spot if a riders form dips or gets injured , also from the terrace chat last year at Scunthorpe I heard he’s on a guaranteed wage even if he has a bad night

Not surprising that the British Champion is asking for a 'guarantee' - so maybe off to Oxford then?

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not surprising that the British Champion is asking for a 'guarantee' - so maybe off to Oxford then?

Skidder1 no club over here should pay guarantees no matter what league they are in.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Are you suggesting Oxford have unlimited funds???

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Skidder1 no club over here should pay guarantees no matter what league they are in.

Some riders perform better when on a guarantee, some don't. The skill in being a promotor/team manager is know which respond better or worse and agreeing a contract that gets the best out of them.

10 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Season tickets available this Sunday....Good value imo...from.Club website

speedway office in pits open 10.30-1  . Entrance through blue car park and turn left following path round to pits car park.  Season and Advanced10 tickets on sale plus table reservations in the bar/ restaurant area .  

4 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

As much as I would love to see Adam return on such a deal i'm afraid no thanks.

1 hour ago, wtf said:

Some riders perform better when on a guarantee, some don't. The skill in being a promotor/team manager is know which respond better or worse and agreeing a contract that gets the best out of them.

Someone who rode at Glasgow a couple of seasons ago for instance.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Someone who rode at Glasgow a couple of seasons ago for instance.

And didn't perform