British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP round 1 Gorican Saturday April 30th

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Smarzlik and Janowski are the class acts.The rest will have their moments.Woffy doesn’t want to mix it nowadays.Lambert just a gater and rides the inside lines.Decent meeting though.

Can't agree with that at all.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Fixer2 said:

Thank you, the box is a couple of years old, but the software updated today without problem. All very strange... other apps (MY5, You Tube, Sky news live) on the ROKU are fine, all synchronised. Even other programmes from Discovery plus (Lifestyle, Houses etc) all fine and in sync.  However anything on Discover Sports, live or on catch-up are out of synch... just watched live snooker and you can hear the ball being hit 10 seconds before you see it...madness!

Last nights GP is still out of sync, only option I think is to cancel Discovery sports stream and get Eurosport through Sky?

Technology eh!

What you describe is exactly what mine was doing.                
I too was watching snooker, in Feb, and I knew who won the frame whilst I was still watching it.           
I was watching the Winter Olympics, short track speed skating, again I knew the winner of a race and I was still watching beginning of last lap.               
Very frustrating.       
As I said previously, I got one of the latest Roku Streaming Stick+, which the spec reads    4K Ultra HD, HDR, 1080p & 720p streaming upto 60 fps.                     
I got mine off eBay as a opened box customer return, £32 instead of £55 new.

If you anywhere near Chester I will lend you the stick to try.

Edited by OveFundinFan

19 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I personally think both Tatum and Louis are excellent, but as sidekick summarisers. Neither is right for the lead commentary role and they’re gonna have to find someone to fill that particular role I think. 

Yes. I thought both did well in awful circumstances (particularly Tatum, given his long friendship and professional association with Nigel) , but having two former riders merely duplicates each other's expertise. Think the dynamic is better with an out and out commentator plus an expert analyst. As to finding the right speedway-versed commentator, not easy. Anyone brought in would have to be comfortable with their own style. There's no point attempting to replicate Nigel; you'd just end up with a pallid version of the real thing. David Rowe or Dave Goddard would do well, IMHO.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

What you describe is exactly what mine was doing.                
I too was watching snooker, in Feb, and I knew who won the frame whilst I was still watching it.           
I was watching the Winter Olympics, short track speed skating, again I knew the winner of a race and I was still watching beginning of last lap.               
Very frustrating.       
As I said previously, I got one of the latest Roku Streaming Stick+, which the spec reads    4K Ultra HD, HDR, 1080p & 720p streaming upto 60 fps.                     
I got mine off eBay as a opened box customer return, £32 instead of £55 new.

If you anywhere near Chester I will lend you the stick to try.

Thank you, very kind... but I'm down on the South Coast!

I've raised a question on Discovery Help... I won't hold my breath, but you never know.

Think your idea of a new stick is the way to go.. I'll see what's on offer, thanks again for the advice.

16 minutes ago, Fixer2 said:

I've raised a question on Discovery Help... I won't hold my breath, but you never know.

Think your idea of a new stick is the way to go.. I'll see what's on offer, thanks again for the advice.

Let us know how you get on.

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Only my opinion, yours  differs obviously.

So does mine, you haven't watched Robert race enough perhaps  ....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fixer2 said:

FWIW I watched on Amazon Firestick, which was fine.

6 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

You see what Ukraine soldiers are doing to their own citizens right ? Oh that’s right you don’t because they don’t want you to see it, it’s war their are no winners just losers, neither side are blameless but what is reported in western media is just lies, 

I realise there is propaganda on both sides but Russia started this not Ukraine and Russian speedway riders should not be riding right now especially the ones supporting Putin not mentioning the fact that both of them were subject to conscription so both of them are soldier in reserve for Russian Army just the same as some older polish riders before Poland abandoned conscription in late 1990 the reason Tomasz Gollob raced for Gdansk for one season in 1989 to do his military service there while riding.

Edited by pawel115
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

I was referring more to whoever replaces Pearson. 

Kelvin is fine as the 2nd man, but needs a "commentator" not an analyser next to him in my opinion. 

Nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pawel115 said:

I realise there is propaganda on both sides but Russia started this not Ukraine and Russian speedway riders should not be riding right now especially the ones supporting Putin not mentioning the fact that both of them were subject to conscription so both of them are soldier in reserve for Russian Army just the same as some older polish riders before Poland abandoned conscription in late 1990 the reason Tomasz Gollob raced for Gdansk for one season in 1989 to do his military service there while riding.

Russia didn’t start this and that’s the point, the blame for this lays firmly at the door of the USA and the UK and NATO, your reasoning should also ban woffinden etc cause of Britain’s invasion of many nations, we the people are being played and this will end in a world war unless people around the world start seeing past the propaganda 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

Having avoided the result, I turned on the highlights on Eurosport at 6:00. It started at heat 18!

• Haha 1

A few more observations.

The promotion of speedway has been elevated to a new level for which we should all be grateful.

Even the fireworks display was probably the best ever seen at speedway.

It must have been a bizarre experience for Kelvin who must have been dreading referring to Chris, as Nige.

Zmarzlik's English is getting much better which is great to see.

It would be really great to see World War 3 getting its own thread.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, norbold said:

Having avoided the result, I turned on the highlights on Eurosport at 6:00. It started at heat 18!

Same old Eurosport as always a total joke... I'm amazed that so many people on here are taken in by their flim flam

Edited by iainb