British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

But clubs won't know who their weakest main rider is that early on. Fans would no doubt complain that the best rider was only used 4 times! For some teams it's obvious, others not so much!

Just go on the averages, pull out the highest averaged rider, surely you've got to give them half a chance

Ipswich deserved that considering Sheffield were handed at least a dozen points on a silver platter by the oppositions team managers when they put the rising star up against the Sheffield pair in almost race.

Surprising night for the Wolves pair.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TTT said:

Ipswich deserved that considering Sheffield were handed at least a dozen points on a silver platter by the oppositions team managers when they put the rising star up against the Sheffield pair in almost race.

Can't blame Sheffield for that! But does show a flaw in having to use a RS.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Can't blame Sheffield for that! But does show a flaw in having to use a RS.

What’s the point in the rising star being forced to be used? Fair enough have them on stand by in case of  injuries but it’s a stupid decision to have them be forced to be used.

A pairs meeting… where you have to use 3 riders :blink:

• Like 2

Seemed a bit strange that both Belle Vue & then Sheffield took gates 2 & 4 in the last 2 races, I’m sure Musielak was 2nd in the final & not Ellis.

Agree that Ellis was last in the final and minor whinge but the scorecard was poor with nowhere to record the actual winners.

9 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

BSN stream is excellent, it’s just a shame the track is utter Shyte with virtually no passing at all.

Absolutely no encouragement to attend Foxhall next week and watch gate and go speedway

the ref is clearly blind as well if he thought Hans fell entirely in his own

Totally agree about the BSN stream first time I’ve used last night paid £42 for 5 meetings  is great value- streaming meetings is definitely the way forward for clubs a seasons pass for our fav clubs would be a great idea -  with the cost of admission and travel costs and everything else going up in price watching from home is a great option . That said can’t beat attending any sport live . 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

So glad I didn't go... still no passes, normal Ipswich fare.

2 proper passes on the night :(

9 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Wow,, 2,,,,thats double the normal amount

God it was frustrating!!!

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Wow,, 2,,,,thats double the normal amount

Harsh................. but Fair 

2 hours ago, Trees said:

2 proper passes on the night :(

Foxhall with quality riders does make for an absolute borefest I'm afraid. It seems the only way to liven the place up is by having riders make mistakes. When they generally don't make mistakes it really can be dull.

10 hours ago, TTT said:

Just really surprised with them picking Ryan Douglas. He spent most of the night demonstrating that he can hardly ride the place. Maybe he should have been commentating and given his place to Sam Master's usual partner? But that would probably ruin the Aussie love fest at Wolves B)

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 2
King’s Lynn 16, Sheffield 16, Ipswich 14, Belle Vue 12, Wolverhampton 4, Peterborough 2.

So it's a 4 horse race...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wtf said:

Foxhall with quality riders does make for an absolute borefest I'm afraid. It seems the only way to liven the place up is by having riders make mistakes. When they generally don't make mistakes it really can be dull.

I know,,, I've watched years and years of that rubbish,,, and I still don't have a clue why I do 

• Haha 2