British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Wolves v Sheffield LC 4th April 2022

Teams from the official site:-

WOLVERHAMPTON: Sam Masters, Luke Becker, Nick Morris, Ryan Douglas, Steve Worrall, Drew Kemp, Leon Flint.

SHEFFIELD: Jack Holder, Craig Cook, Tobiasz Musielak, Kyle Howarth, Adam Ellis, Stefan Nielsen, Connor Mountain.

Looking at the Tigers line-up it is clear to see why they are league favourites (with the bookies at least), Cook at 2! This will certainly be a stern test.I look forward to seeing Kyle Howarth again, he was a fine team man during his stint with Wolves, never gave less than 100% and was exciting to watch. Holder is no track expert but can get round well enough. Cook during his Belle Vue days gave us problems at Monmore.Musielak is another old boy and Ellis is more than quick enough, although he tends to rely on his gating. Perhaps we need Kemp and Flint to outscore their opposite numbers to give us a chance. A tight encounter, with hopefully a Wolves win, 2-4 points ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

WOLVERHAMPTON: Sam Masters, Luke Becker, Nick Morris, Ryan Douglas, Steve Worrall, Drew Kemp, Leon Flint.

SHEFFIELD: Jack Holder, Craig Cook, Tobiasz Musielak, Kyle Howarth, Adam Ellis, Stefan Nielsen, Connor Mountain.

Looking at the Tigers line-up it is clear to see why they are league favourites (with the bookies at least), Cook at 2! This will certainly be a stern test.I look forward to seeing Kyle Howarth again, he was a fine team man during his stint with Wolves, never gave less than 100% and was exciting to watch. Holder is no track expert but can get round well enough. Cook during his Belle Vue days gave us problems at Monmore.Musielak is another old boy and Ellis is more than quick enough, although he tends to rely on his gating. Perhaps we need Kemp and Flint to outscore their opposite numbers to give us a chance. A tight encounter, with hopefully a Wolves win, 2-4 points ?

I think the Wolves reserve pairing will have the edge over their Sheffield counterparts. This could prove crucial re the final outcome.

A lot could depend on which CC turns up and I hope Steve Worrall scores well.

2 hours ago, Beowulf said:

You say about Cook being at 2 but Becker at 2 is just as strong, if not stronger! 

I'd go for Wolves by 8. I think this is a perfect time to ride against Sheffield, before they have really got going imo. 

I can only see a home win for the Wolves although I think we could run them close. 

56 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You say about Cook being at 2 but Becker at 2 is just as strong, if not stronger! 

I'd go for Wolves by 8. I think this is a perfect time to ride against Sheffield, before they have really got going imo. 

Becker scored 3 from 4 rides last week. He had 4 rides and was taken out of one to give Joe Thompson a ride, and then given the ride back in heat 15. We obviously need him to do better than that against Sheffield.

47 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Becker scored 3 from 4 rides last week. He had 4 rides and was taken out of one to give Joe Thompson a ride, and then given the ride back in heat 15. We obviously need him to do better than that against Sheffield.

Difficult in those type of meetings as you don't know who is testing different engines etc. I would expecting him to be pushing for a HL spot this year. Actually you seen to have 5 ready made HL's! 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Difficult in those type of meetings as you don't know who is testing different engines etc. I would expecting him to be pushing for a HL spot this year. Actually you seen to have 5 ready made HL's! 

I'm not sure I see that, Worrall 1st season at a new track. We shall see. Sheffield's top 5 more feasible as 4/5 heat leaders.

Will Musielak remember how to ride Monmore? Howarth & Cook should score well but can't see it suiting Ellis or Holder particularly, but should have the beating of Wolves engine room.

Probably Wolves reserves only chance to score big against an equally weak reserve pairing on a track I doubt either relishes vising.

Becker to win the golden heat, with crucially Ellis last.

Can see the reverse fixture being humbling for the Monmore men.

25 minutes ago, Col said:

Will Musielak remember how to ride Monmore? Howarth & Cook should score well but can't see it suiting Ellis or Holder particularly, but should have the beating of Wolves engine room.

Probably Wolves reserves only chance to score big against an equally weak reserve pairing on a track I doubt either relishes vising.

Becker to win the golden heat, with crucially Ellis last.

Can see the reverse fixture being humbling for the Monmore men.

Ellis normally scores well at Monmore.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Good analysis, IMHO. Would be happy with any kind of a home win. Looking forward to the match.

I am 1 mile from the track. It is now dull and overcast, the ground is wet and there is persistent (not heavy) fine rain. :(

• Sad 1

Steve Worrall riding at No.5 with weak reserves is a baffling decision by Pete Adams. Basically cost Wolves the meeting.

Well done Sheffield.  You have to love it when a rider CVS & Adams are too stubborn to bring back returns too haunt them. That's the Northern section of the League cup decided.

And I thought Sheffield had the weakest reserves, out performed Wolves reserves at Monmore.  I do hope Kemp does kick on this season.