Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich. League Cup 7/4/22

Meeting off:unsure:

Edited by Bald Bloke

9 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Already,,, it's only Wednesday 

Yep. :unsure:

KING’S Lynn have reluctantly decided to make an early decision to postpone Thursday’s meeting with Ipswich.

This is due to inclement weather with rain expected along with strong winds.

The club have arranged a new date of Monday April 25 for the meeting which is a League Cup tie.

All tickets purchased in advance remain valid for any other meeting at the Adrian Flux Arena.

The postponement means the opening Minors and Brady Stars home meeting of the season will now be Thursday April 21 against Peterborough, also in the League Cup.

The club hopes this early decision minimises inconvenience for all concerned.

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 minutes ago, stu219 said:

Getting silly now when meetings are called of because it MIGHT rain!!!

Is the weather forecast really bad?

I mean sometimes heavy showers were forecast for Poole today but they didn't call it off early, which is good cos hasn't really happened!

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Is this due to tomorrow's weather forecast,, or some other reason 

KING’S Lynn have reluctantly decided to make an early decision to postpone Thursday’s meeting with Ipswich.

This is due to inclement weather with rain expected along with strong winds.

The club have arranged a new date of Monday April 25 for the meeting which is a League Cup tie.

All tickets purchased in advance remain valid for any other meeting at the Adrian Flux Arena.

The postponement means the opening Minors and Brady Stars home meeting of the season will now be Thursday April 21 against Peterborough, also in the League Cup.

The club hopes this early decision minimises inconvenience for all concerned.

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Is this due to tomorrow's weather forecast,, or some other reason 

Wonder who would have been missing .......

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

JD will be fitter next time round...:P

They are obviously petrified of dodgy weather putting people off resulting in a small crowd and consequently losing money, that's all it can be as it's only showers forecast. I won't go nowadays if there is rain about so I can kind of understand but more than 24 hours beforehand seems extremely cautious to me, especially in the school holidays. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Meeting off:unsure:

Absolute piss take imo.Yes there are meant to be some showers about tomorrow,but there was meant to be plenty of rain here today in Wisbech and all we had was a couple of showers.

As i work Thursday evenings i gave my shift away to another colleague.So i have now chucked £90 away because it may rain tomorrow.I could understand if the forecast was atrocious but it isn't according to the Met office and accu weather.The Bbc has more showers but they are often wrong.

It's got me thinking going forward,do i ask people to cover my shifts on Thursdays or not now.I mean they have called this one off with over 24hrs to go because we may get some rain.Let's be honest we live in the UK,there's a bloody chance every day of some rain.Are they trying to piss fans off and drive them away from the sport.I love going to Lynn to watch my speedway,the team has been in my blood since the 70's.I would always try to get someone to cover my shift but i can't keep knocking back a wage just in case of a suspect cloud could be heading our way.Well i will be there on the 25th,but on the 21st who knows.It wouldn't have bothered me about 2 meetings in 4 days,in fact i would have been over the moon.Now though i have a decision to make,the long range forecast has to be pretty much wall to wall sunshine for me to risk asking someone to do my shift and losing £90.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

They are obviously petrified of dodgy weather putting people off resulting in a small crowd and consequently losing money, that's all it can be as it's only showers forecast. I won't go nowadays if there is rain about so I can kind of understand but more than 24 hours beforehand seems extremely cautious to me, especially in the school holidays. 

But now the re-arrangement is 4 days after the one on the 21st,this too will put fans off imo.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

I had a similar thought in my head,although i was thinking there is maybe an airfare to be saved or something like that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I had a similar thought in my head,although i was thinking there is maybe an airfare to be saved or something like that.

Another reason maybe is diesel is a bit hard to come by around Lynn, so if that's the case around other parts of Norfolk as it is in Cambridgeshire that could deter a few. I was considering whether to go Speedway or saving the fuel for work if it's still scarce.

• Like 1