British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

European U 23 team championship Final Tarnow Sunday October 9th live on TV

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Great work from all the lads. That would of done them the world of good.

• Like 1

Wasn’t easy against the Czechs, but I think they had a slightly longer tail. Bewley maximum, and I think Kvech did too as they didn’t meet.

Brennan was really quick, Kemp got 8 from 3 completed rides, and Palin got a race win 

final in Krakow in October

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

( Pardubice 21.05. 2022)

The first of this year's six World or European Championship races, which the Pardubice Club will host throughout the season, took place at the Pardubice Speedway Stadium.

That race was the semifinals of the European Under-23 Championship. The dramatic battle to advance to the finals of this competition, which could only be secured by the winner of the race, was decided only by the last twentieth race. By winning it, Dan Bewley secured the first place in the race for British colors. The biggest star of the race, a participant in this year's Grand Prix series, did not lose a single point in the race, he was the first to finish his race five times and he completely dominated this race. In addition, the other teammates did not let themselves be embarrassed, they created a balanced team, they won in another six races, which earned them the first place in the race and the way to the October final in Krakow.

Their biggest rival in the battle for every point was the Czech team. Jan Kvěch, just like Bewley won in five races, his colleagues Petr Chlupáč and Daniel Klíma each added two winning races, but the British had an advantage in experience and in the quality of the fourth rider. Both of our remaining youngsters Bruno Belán and Jakub Exler did not collect as many points, it is known that they are just entering the world flat track and of course they do not have experience as their colleagues, finalists of this year's Junior World Championships. Our team lost four points in the final count, but the team has a very low age average of nineteen and a half years and can be in a virtually unchanged line-up for another two years.

The French team finished third and the fourth place went to the team of riders from three countries. This Euro team replaced the last-minute apologized Netherlands. Celina Liebmann, a competitor who will compete with the world elite in Friday's final of the Prague Junior Championship, also presented herself in his colors.

1. Great Britain: 46
1. Dan Bewley(3,3,3,3,3) 15
2. Tom Brennan(3,3,2,2,3) 13
3. Drew Kemp(T, 2,3,3 , d) 8
4. Jordan Palin(2,1,2,2,3) 10

2. Czech Republic: 42
13. Daniel Klíma️ (3,2,3,2,2) 12
14. Jakub Exler️ (-, 1, R, -, -) 1
15. Petr Chlupáč️ (2,3, 2,3,1) 11
16. Bruno Belan️ (0, -, -, 1,2) 3
20. Jan Kvěch️ (3,3,3,3,3) 15

3. France: 21
9. Steven Goret(1,2,2,1,2) 8
10. Mathias Trésarrieu(2,1,1,1,1) 6
11. Tino Bouin(1,2,0,0, 1) 4
12. Thomas Valladon(0,0,0,2,1) 3

4. Team Europe: 11
5. Celina Liebmann(1,0,1,0,2) 4
6. Mika Meijer(2,0,1,0,0) 3
7. Miran Praznik (1,1,1,1 , 0) 4

Any video highlights from this meeting popped up yet? Couldn’t find anything from usual sources on YouTube. 

1 hour ago, Speedball said:

Any video highlights from this meeting popped up yet? Couldn’t find anything from usual sources on YouTube. 

Snap - nothing that i can find also.

• Like 1

there was noone there filming from what i saw

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stevehone said:

there was noone there filming from what i saw

Thanks Steve. That’s a shame as would have liked to see how the GB boys rode and interested in having a look at Klima and Chulpac.

On 5/3/2022 at 11:47 AM, racers and royals said:

We now know the competing teams in the 2nd semi in Elgane Norway on 18th June- start time 2pm UK time

Denmark, Norway, Latvia and Sweden.

No doubt it will be the SF winners plus highest scoring 2nd to join the seeded Poles in the final.

Norway team

Espen Sola

Mathias Pollested

Truls Kamhaug

Iver Sveen

top 2 teams qualify from this as the last place goes to highest FIM ranked nation

7 minutes ago, stevehone said:

top 2 teams qualify from this as the last place goes to highest FIM ranked nation

Sorry i’m not with you- Poland seeded to the final, 2 semi winners- GB and ?? and surely highest scoring 2nd - Czech’s got 42.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Sorry i’m not with you- Poland seeded to the final, 2 semi winners- GB and ?? and surely highest scoring 2nd - Czech’s got 42.

that's how i thought it was but this year they've changed it, that's why GB HAD to win their qualifier to get through.

qualifiers for final are Poland, GB, winner of semi in Norway, and highest FIM seeded nation that fails to qualify

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

And are these rankings out in the open to see ?

3 minutes ago, stevehone said:

that's how i thought it was but this year they've changed it, that's why GB HAD to win their qualifier to get through.

qualifiers for final are Poland, GB, winner of semi in Norway, and highest FIM seeded nation that fails to qualify

Fair enough- didn`t know that.

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

And are these rankings out in the open to see ?

goes on last years U23 competition.

GB failed to make the final so below Denmark, Sweden, and Latvia i believe (and Germany)

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevehone said:

goes on last years U23 competition.

GB failed to make the final so below Denmark, Sweden, and Latvia i believe (and Germany)

I should have realised i could look up the rules

" The winning team of each Semi Final will qualify through to the Final, together with two teams nominated by the TRC (the FMNR of the Final team being one of them, + one team according to the previous years ranking)."

• Like 1