British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pvm

Redcar v Oxford, KO Cup 2nd Leg. Fri 29th April 7.30pm

Well, after last nights match, Oxford bring a 4pt lead to the ECCO arena on Friday night in a match that will be shown on the streaming channel BSN.

I expect the aggregate lead to ebb & flow in the early heats, As always, it should be an entertaining battle, before Redcar pull away in the later heats.

Redcar 

1.Charles Wright

2. Adam Roynan

3 Lewis. Kerr

4 Kasper Andersen

5 Erik Riss

6 Jason Edwards

7 Jordan Jenkins

Oxford

1 Troy Batchelor

2 Kyle Newman

3 Jack Thomas

4 Cameron Heeps

5 Scott Nicholls

6 Dillon Ruml

7 Nathan Stoneman (guest)

Full preview copied from the Redcar site 

Redcar boss Jade Mudgway believes the Bears have every chance of progressing to the KO Cup quarter finals when the Bears host the Cheetahs this Friday at the Ecco Arena, (19:30 start). “It’s all to play for this Friday, we start the meeting as if it’s like any other meeting and if we can hit them hard early on we will be in a good position.”

The former Berwick star thinks that it’s all starting to come together for his 1-7, “I think our side are all starting to find their feet now. Adam had a good meeting on Wednesday so hopefully he can re-produce that on Friday, Kasper rode well last week and our heat leaders are scoring well and are also racing in the Premiership so that stands us in good stead. Last but not least, our reserves are working hard and that can only be a good sign.”

Mudgway believes bringing the aggregate scores level in the early stages is crucial, “If we can get a couple of early heat advantages it may worry Oxford as they will then have to essentially win a 12/13 heat meeting. It is vital that we start well to keep the Cheetahs under pressure, we do that by hitting them hard and early!”

The adopted Teessider believes the second leg has all the ingredients for an entertaining spectacle, “With the added dimension of the meeting being the second leg, the Bears starting slightly behind and Oxford having a strong side the clash has the makings of a highly entertaining and intriguing meeting.”

Redcar are back at full strength ahead of the second leg as the Teessiders welcome Kasper Andersen back into the fold after the Dane missed the first leg due to a prior league commitment in his homeland. Redcar’s dangerous heat leader trio will all be hoping to continue their brilliant starts to the season to see the “Agilia” Bears progress to a KO Cup quarter final tie against Berwick.

Oxford are again without their Australian reserve Josh MacDonald with the former Scunthorpe man still recovering from a broken leg. The SGB Championship newcomers have called upon their National League rider and the former Somerset reserve Nathan Stoneman as a guest in the reserve berth.

Well in the absence of a raceday weather report from Coraldon, I will take this opportunity to inform any supporter’s travelling to the Ecco arena tonight, that Teesside is currently bathed in glorious sunshine, with the forecast being clear sky’s and a light breeze tonight.

I keep hearing what a great race track Redcar is, I've only been once back in 2019 to see Leicester and the track was wet, I've seen a steamed match on the BSN earlier this year and that was pretty dull, so I'm hoping it can live up to its hype tonight in what should be perfect conditions against some decent opposition as otherwise it seems like a pretty decent setup at Redcar 

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

I keep hearing what a great race track Redcar is, I've only been once back in 2019 to see Leicester and the track was wet, I've seen a steamed match on the BSN earlier this year and that was pretty dull, so I'm hoping it can live up to its hype tonight in what should be perfect conditions against some decent opposition as otherwise it seems like a pretty decent setup at Redcar 

its a cracking track but like the majority of tracks going to get some dull meetings , must be every current riders favourite track to race on

Edited by homer
  • Haha 1

Can anyone have a word with the commentators of the BSN broadcast.

Every other word is urm, urm, urm, its pityfull.

18 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

Can anyone have a word with the commentators of the BSN broadcast.

Every other word is urm, urm, urm, its pityfull.

Drop them a line and ask for an audition, and it is "it's" not "its" :t:

Edited by iainb

Stonking cup tie that!

19 minutes ago, iainb said:

Stonking cup tie that!

Glad it didn’t disappoint. :cheers:

• Like 1

Streamed the match tonight after a fairly hollow match against Newcastle (I thought) on the opening night. Took a little while to get going as per with Redcar they delivered in terms of racing and overall presentation.

The Bears deserved it as their class told in the latter races. Redcar's top three may all finish on 9 point averages on early season form and the other four are steadily picking up good points especially 'JJ.'

Cheetahs top two are not dominating as I thought they would. Early days of course but Oxford look light to me of a rider at the moment. Class comments from JC at the end magnanimous in defeat.

Finally thought Stewart Dickson was an excellent coup. A very good advert for British Speedway.

• Like 1

Another cracking match at the Ecco arena and I’m glad the meeting was streamed, as the first meeting from Redcar wasn’t the best.

All the Bears featured in good races with Charles last bend win in Heat 13 probably the highlight.

Oxford were always in it and impressed with Jack Thomas. 

Good nights entertainment.

• Like 1

We do seem to be just short a little short of being a good team. Bears deservedly go through, we benefited from having Gilkes guesting on Wednesday.

Very good meeting and a very nice track.

Good luck in the next round to the Bears.

Edited by Hilly
  • Like 1