British Speedway Forum
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Oxford 7 May 2022

Can't see anything but a Lions win for this one, but not convinced that it will be a walk in the park.  No doubt Scott will be giving his team mates the low down on the Leicester track and will be helping the 2nd strings around demonstrating a master class in team riding.  Troy Batchelor will need to be tamed but our heat leaders are the right Lions for that job!

• Like 1

I'll be at this one, nearly back from Plymouth, me Pirates found it tuff goin....me choo choo about to leave London.

Lions to reach 60+ again no trouble. Whoops Scotty may score a few but Lions top 3 are way too strong at home for him to get a proper look in.

Jack Thomas is avin a great start to the season & he's coming to a track he'll know about, but nah the Twins will keep him quiet.

Game Over!

Edited by Turnip

Should be some cracking racing this weekend as I understand that a motorway blade has been on the track all day today to smooth out the track in readiness for the visit of the Cheetahs on Saturday.

45 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Should be some cracking racing this weekend as I understand that a motorway blade has been on the track all day today to smooth out the track in readiness for the visit of the Cheetahs on Saturday.

Hope so, maybe the bumps were contributing to the good racing... we'll find out Saturday.

Good to see Anders Rowe announced and the rumour about Matthew Gilmour seems not to be true (yet)

1 hour ago, W9 Lion said:

Yep, altho Lions spanked the Bear bottoms last Saturday there was sum good racing.

Maybe the waves they had tho created better racing? Can a track be too smooth?

We'll find out on Saturday :t:

See Leicester have hired a 'motorway blade' whatever the heck that is! From Bradford to get rid of the bumps. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

See Leicester have hired a 'motorway blade' whatever the heck that is! From Bradford to get rid of the bumps. 

Me thinks Leicester are tarmacing the track & putting 4 lanes in, plus a hard shoulder on the bends!  :rofl:

Edited by Turnip

4 hours ago, Turnip said:

Me thinks Leicester are tarmacing the track & putting 4 lanes in, plus a hard shoulder on the bends!  :rofl:

Will there be variable speed limits?

1 hour ago, Skodaman said:

Will there be variable speed limits?

All I know is the Cheetahs will get 'spotted' if they break any speed limits! :rofl:

Edited by Turnip

Looks like another thumping home win for Exeter 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So much for the rumour about Rowe’s departure. Would love to see him bang a few points in tonight.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

So much for the rumour about Rowe’s departure. Would love to see him bang a few points in tonight.

Rowe as got plenty of potential like Ablitt at Poole.

They will or should be given time by Leicester & Poole respectively even tho they are two clubs that demand success.

At least one thing is on their side, it's no so easy to bring in Johnny foreigner any more.

Ablitt is my talent spot from seeing him ride at Rye House in 2018 along with Max Perry :t:

On 5/6/2022 at 1:20 PM, lisa-colette said:

That's odd as Poole owned one of these up until 8 or 9 years back.

Was always parked up at the back of tractor bay.

Surprised you never saw it

2 minutes ago, sugarray said:

That's odd as Poole owned one of these up until 8 or 9 years back.

Was always parked up at the back of tractor bay.

Surprised you never saw it

Maybe just didn't know that is what it is called! lol

• Haha 1