British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Berwick v Glasgow CL 28/5/22 @7pm

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Good move by Berwick promotion this Saturday -- kids go free, if accompanied by an adult who has purchased their ticket online.

Offer will clearly attract more families to buy online -- visiting Glasgow supporters should spread the word among their troops, too.

The ultimate aim is for as many spectators as is possible to buy online, ease turnstile congestion each Saturday.

The cash turnstiles will still be open, but kids under sixteen will only be admitted free if coming in with an adult who has bought online, otherwise the regular price of £5 for 12/15, or £1 for under 12 will apply.

Book in advance (kids or no kids!) at https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets

There isn’t much turnstile congestion to talk about IMO.The sport is expensive enough without having to pay a booking fee.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

There isn’t much turnstile congestion to talk about IMO.The sport is expensive enough without having to pay a booking fee.

First meeting of the season was delayed for 15 minutes due to queues at the turnstiles. I expect a huge following from Glasgow as usual. 

41 minutes ago, Shadders said:

First meeting of the season was delayed for 15 minutes due to queues at the turnstiles. I expect a huge following from Glasgow as usual. 

People need to plan better then.The Oxford meeting there was a bigger queue waiting to check in with their online ticket or phone app.Swings and roundabouts IMO

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Not much difference in the queues the first meeting against Birmingham there was only one turnstile open that was the delay.Been two open since.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Normski said:

R/R is the only option for Jye as he is not in the top 3 average wise

Wonder how long Jye will be out for?

Could Danny possibly help Berwick in the short term as could score at home.

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

You would save that with the kids admission.

My kids not interested in speedway though.

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

I was parked a good distance away due to the shows.

That would have added time onto people getting in also (people entering later than they had planned).

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

Not much difference in the queues the first meeting against Birmingham there was only one turnstile open that was the delay.Been two open since.

Was 2 open when I went through. Wonder if another was opened?

You can pay for your chips with a card, so why can’t you buy a ticket with your card/phone at the turnstiles? I don’t get that. There’s nowhere else I go where I need cash.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Noelinho said:

You can pay for your chips with a card, so why can’t you buy a ticket with your card/phone at the turnstiles? I don’t get that. There’s nowhere else I go where I need cash.

It does seem strange given the emphasis on not wanting fans to not to use cash.Given the average crowd at League Speedway waiting to enter the Stadium is not a real problem.They certainly have to cater for all fans.It’s discrimination only letting online tickets allowing children in free.IMO.

• Like 3

On 5/24/2022 at 7:58 AM, Shadders said:

Not ideal if running RR for Jye Etheridge. Only Leon Flint, Theo Pijper, Ty Proctor and Kyle Bickley can have a RR ride. Two of them coming back from injury lay offs and another off form. Could be a painful evening for the  Bandits. Would’ve been tough enough with a full 1-7

Totally agree, hopefully we don't have any bad luck on Friday night.Will take a herculean effort from the Bandits to win on Saturday night.

On 5/24/2022 at 11:28 PM, Noelinho said:

Edited by Gambo95
Incorrect info

11 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

The couple in front of me a couple of weeks ago were sent along to the kiosk at the big gate.

They were looking to pay by card so I assume you can pay by card where the pre booked tickets and season tickets enter.

Unfortunately you assume wrong and to avoid any confusion: Payment is by cash or online ticket only. 

Providing reliable and secure wi-fi to the outlying areas of the stadium is an on-going challenge. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, George Dodds said:

Unfortunately you assume wrong and to avoid any confusion: Payment is by cash or online ticket only. 

Providing reliable and secure wi-fi to the outlying areas of the stadium is an on-going challenge. 

See you tomorrow night George , I assume I can pay the hospitality with cash again ?

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

See you tomorrow night George , I assume I can pay the hospitality with cash again ?

white 10 shilling notes Paulco lol

8 minutes ago, Normski said:

white 10 shilling notes Paulco lol

They were brown!  Old fivers were white....

23 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

They were brown!  Old fivers were white....

just testing lol

11 hours ago, George Dodds said:

There was a TV aerial cable and a cat 5E (possibly 6) network cable run from the sponsors box to the old video gantry (I run them in for Bob Tasker so the hospitality box could watch replays of the races).

They were still there when I was down after the storms to repair the speakers but have since disappeared from the turnstile side (cut out?). Maybe they are still on the Tea Bar roof? 

It's a possibility that they could be reconnected if they are still on the roof and the other end is at the hospitality entrance.

• Like 1