British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

KOC Sat 4 June - Glasgow v Edinburgh

So, so we have the full lineups? I feel like this is one where I do want to see the teams before I commit to going.

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

So, so we have the full lineups? I feel like this is one where I do want to see the teams before I commit to going.

It was posted earlier today.

Lawson , Sedgemen and Ruml guest for Masters ,Pickering and Sarjeant.

Glasgow at full strength with Connor moving to No2 and Danyon dropping back to reserve.

Edited by Gazc

53 minutes ago, Gazc said:

It was posted earlier today.

Lawson , Sedgemen and Ruml guest for Masters ,Pickering and Sarjeant.

Glasgow at full strength with Connor moving to No2 and Danyon dropping back to reserve.

Pretty decent guests tbf, not surprised they have used riders from the previous Glasgow home meeting!

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Pretty decent guests tbf, not surprised they have used riders from the previous Glasgow home meeting!

I was in Tenerife that night so it was erased from my memory.

Despite Monarchs having a 16 pt lead from the 1st leg, thanks to their Promotion's blunder of accepting this Saturday as the date for the 2nd leg, they are denied the services of Masters & Pickering, who scored paid 28 from 11 in the league encounter on 1st May.

The guest replacements of Richard Lawson & Justin Sedgmen are probably the best available, but imo, unlikely to match the scoring power of Masters & Pickering.

Therefore under the circumstances, expect Tigers to win the tie on aggregate.

52 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Despite Monarchs having a 16 pt lead from the 1st leg, thanks to their Promotion's blunder of accepting this Saturday as the date for the 2nd leg, they are denied the services of Masters & Pickering, who scored paid 28 from 11 in the league encounter on 1st May.

The guest replacements of Richard Lawson & Justin Sedgmen are probably the best available, but imo, unlikely to match the scoring power of Masters & Pickering.

This is incorrect about the “promotion blunder” as saturday was selected on purpose to avoid missing masters and pickering however, Rawicz, changed there fixture from sunday, to saturday for unknown reasons as they did not comment.

courtesy of Edinburgh monarchs website - https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2022-05-31/monarchs-promotion-furious-as-polish-speedway-causes-koc-chaos

I do agree that lawson and sedgmen will not score the same as masters and pickering, i think its all to play for. 

5 hours ago, cyclone said:

Need Richard Lawson to have the gating gloves on and score round about 13 mark.

Hope I’m wrong but can’t see other 5 scoring 25 points between them.

time for Paco to step up to the plate away from home. 

Even with a 16 point lead I’m not entirely convinced it’s enough. With josh and Sam yes without we’ll just need to wait and see. 

9 hours ago, cyclone said:

Still very finely poised for me, obviously would've been very confident with Sam & Josh there however it's worth pointing out that Josh is yet to hit double figures away from home this season so if Sedgy can chip in with say 7,8 or 9 that may not be far off what Josh would get, it's the Kye and Paco pairing that need to step up tonight, you never quite know with that pair although Kye usually is decent round Ashfield.

Would it not have been better to have just cancelled the meeting and rearrange when all riders are available, Huge meeting for Edinburgh and are having to use guests for their 2 best riders, and then people ask what is wrong with the sport.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Martins said:

Would it not have been better to have just cancelled the meeting and rearrange when all riders are available, Huge meeting for Edinburgh and are having to use guests for their 2 best riders, and then people ask what is wrong with the sport.

It was already rescheduled from the Sunday as that was the original day Masters and Pickering’s Polish club were initially due to race tomorrow.

They then changed the race day to today at short notice after Glasgow changed to today in order to accommodate Edinburgh so as both would be able to ride at Glasgow.

Would imagine cancelling at short notice would have a financial hit for Glasgow so the meeting will go ahead tonight not ideal but neither Scottish club to blame.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GhostRider said:

This is incorrect about the “promotion blunder” as saturday was selected on purpose to avoid missing masters and pickering however, Rawicz, changed there fixture from sunday, to saturday for unknown reasons as they did not comment.

courtesy of Edinburgh monarchs website - https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2022-05-31/monarchs-promotion-furious-as-polish-speedway-causes-koc-chaos

I do agree that lawson and sedgmen will not score the same as masters and pickering, i think its all to play for. 

FYI When Poland issue their weekend schedules , the PZM always list consecutive Saturdays & Sundays, & do not confirm the actual race day until c. 2 - 3 weeks before the event. This I believe is linked to sponsorships & tv scheduling. Furthermore Saturday & Sundays are the priority days for Polish fixtures which all contracted riders are obliged to fulfil.

If anyone had checked previous fixtures held at Tarnow this season, they've used Saturdays. Further feedback from Poland indicates that the stadium in Tarnow is unavailable  for speedway this Sunday as it is being used for a local festival event.

The Edinburgh Promotion should have been aware of how Polish fixtures are confirmed & should have not agreed to the weekend  date until the PZM announced the official date.

They should have informed Glasgow they would visit on either the Saturday or Sunday once the the PZM announced the official date.

This would have been c. 2 weeks beforehand.

What makes it more galling was that Glasgow had suggested it be moved from their normal off race day of Sunday to Saturday, due to a possible tv clash with Scotland  playing Wales in the World Cup Qualifier in Cardiff, which never materialised!

BTW as the home team was Tarnow, kindly explain how the visitors "Rawicz, changed there fixture from sunday, to saturday for unknown reasons":rolleyes:

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, cyclone said:

FYI When Poland issue their weekend schedules , the PZM always list consecutive Saturdays & Sundays, & do not confirm the actual race day until c. 2 - 3 weeks before the event. This I believe is linked to sponsorships & tv scheduling. Furthermore Saturday & Sundays are the priority days for Polish fixtures which all contracted riders are obliged to fulfil.

If anyone had checked previous fixtures held at Tarnow this season, they've used Saturdays. Further feedback from Poland indicates that the stadium in Tarnow is unavailable  for speedway this Sunday as it is being used for a local festival event.

The Edinburgh Promotion should have been aware of how Polish fixtures are confirmed & should have not agreed to the weekend  date until the PZM announced the official date.

They should have informed Glasgow they would visit on either the Saturday or Sunday once the the PZM announced the official date.

This would have been c. 2 weeks beforehand.

What makes it more galling was that Glasgow had suggested it be moved from their normal off race day of Sunday to Saturday, due to a possible tv clash with Scotland  playing Wales in the World Cup Qualifier in Cardiff, which never materialised!

BTW as the home team was Tarnow, kindly explain how the visitors "Rawicz, changed there fixture from sunday, to saturday for unknown reasons":rolleyes:

Fair play man, you got me beat lol, i was just going by the story on the monarchs website, that was all but obviously all may not be what it seems but anyway, we have a meeting on our hands allbeit not what we all wanted as not a full compliment for edinburgh but hey, thats speedway.

looking forward to the meeting none the less

Edited by GhostRider

I take it every fan is supporting Edinburgh MONARCHS!! tonight seeing as it is still the Queen's jubilee :D:P