British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Poole v Leicester 08/06/22

To replace the missing/ corrupted thread. :t:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Missing or did the person starting the original thread get a ban ?

Edited by scoobydoo

Not sure. But i thought it was only fair to Leicester both teams to have one :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was a thread started by the same person about Coventry Stadium and it looks like its disappeared as well, 

And there was I thinking it was some conspiracy plot by Poole and BSPL to erase the match

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Missing or did the person starting the original thread get a ban ?

Oh, I never knew if you got a ban threads dissappear!! 

I think @Cookiefan should apologise now for making out we did it on purpose!

what is the conversion factor for a rider moving from the ndl to the championship please?also has the victory lap fora victorious away team been dispensed with at all tracks now?

45 minutes ago, poole keith said:

what is the conversion factor for a rider moving from the ndl to the championship please?also has the victory lap fora victorious away team been dispensed with at all tracks now?

There is no conversion rate, new riders to the Champ will be given a 2.00 ave, regardless on NL ave.

• Thanks 1

It made my day after seeing Lions thrashed away by Scunthorpe and Plymouth earlier in the season! It would be interesting to know when or if a Leicester team last won at Wimborne Road. Certainly not since the Lion's reopened in 2011.

53 minutes ago, poole keith said:

is there any other tracks that dont have the winning team  go round on a victory parade at the end of a meeting very poor at poole these days .and i dont want to go in the champs bar after a meeting 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

It made my day after seeing Lions thrashed away by Scunthorpe and Plymouth earlier in the season! It would be interesting to know when or if a Leicester team last won at Wimborne Road. Certainly not since the Lion's reopened in 2011.

Don't make a habit of it and definitely don't beat them home and away to be champions. They don't like that at all. Like the disappearing thread all the hot water goes and the opposing team are left with just cold showers. No celebrations,  no congratulations. Just awful sore losers. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Were just happy we won fair n square and should have been a bigger margin of victory if that heat when Joe fell off got awarded. 

Can't see us winning anything with only 4 riders and a misfiring King. I am sure he will eventually sort it (well I hope so), but its the reserves which give the biggest concern.

I attach no blame to young Nathan as it was expected although had hoped he would have picked up a few more points to justify his 2 point average. This team should be able to carry him though as it was their decision to go with 3 H/L. Once again its the issue of them all firing together.

Once again young Kemp is causing more head scratching. Off form for both Poole & Wolves. It seems to me that more riders of his age are overtaking him such as Gilkes, Edwards, Thompson/s, Brennan etc. Young riders can of course be inconsistent but he has been around  for the last 4 years and is he pushing on ??

Something has to give soon as we can't keep carrying 2 reserves and god knows what will happen with Kemp if Cook moves down to reserve.

I read somewhere that they were trying to address some issues with Kemp but no idea what they are. An on form Kemp is ok as we can carry Nathan, but with the triple issue of an off form King, poor returns from Kemp, then much as we may get into play offs it will be an issue in the later stages.

just throwing this out there but have been following Keynan Rew the young Aussie this season. Really smashing it in the Polish U24 League beating decent riders and way above our youngsters riding in same league. (scored paid 15 point max the other day - Zach scored 7 from 5 rides in opposition). Only 19 and believe was even mentioned as a potential for Poole sometime last season. Well recovered from injuries and really pushed on).

I wonder if the Fords may already be trying to persuade him if we could get him as a 4 point young Aussie with no experience in UK. As I say just a thought.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
added word Polish U24

Woah whats happened to the original thread? Last night I gave my congrats to the Lions for a deserved win and I switch on this morning and its all gone!:o