British Speedway Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Richard Weston

Kings Lynn v Swindon 16 9 19

8/10 thousand there for that stock car meeting?
  3. mac101

22/09/19 N.L.RC Leicester.

cant see by perks
  4. Bagpuss

It was but crowds for even the bog standard car meetings far exceed what we get for speedway.
  5. Baldyman

Alternative speedway group

That's a shame, I'm sure you would have fitted in just fine.
  6. PHILIPRISING

TV new deal?

BT contract with BSI has two years to run ...
  7. Bagpuss

Peterborough Panthers 2019

I don’t think you have the best track in the country but certainly the second best. The World Cup meeting in 2009 was superb, would be good to see an U21 final round or a SEC meeting at the EoES in the near future.
  8. Unfortunately while I was driving to work about 7:15 that morning Alan Brazil referred to him as World Superbike Champion.
  9. Bagpuss

Kings Lynn v Poole. Prem 19/9/19

Plus the name calling is immature and rather irritating.
  10. Gasser90

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Fingers crossed buster succeeds in getting a FIM meeting at the showground next season, we have the best track in the country and we need a big international meeting to showcase this. Plus it might bring in some people that have never seen speedway before which is always good !
  11. orion

Big decisions in November.

Crowds were massive when we had more guests than we do today ...just another made up myth
  12. Whilst i get what you are saying in reality the MDL style leagues should not contain riders that are learning to ride (although sadly in places it does) it should be riders who are bike competent and are honing their racing skills and techniques in preparation for the step up to the next level. The competent riders along with lower level NL riders would produce good racing as all you need for good entertainment is a raceable surface and competition that is of similar abilities.
  13. Today
  14. cityrebel

Stoke closing down

How some tracks survive with such a small fan base is a miracle in itself. I was at Peterborough on Tuesday for a top flight meeting that attracted a sparse crowd. These are difficult times for the sport.
  15. Should be a very good crowd. Coach load of aces fans. And a coach load of berwick fans. And berwick fans make lots of noise. So hopefully will be on our side seen as we have jye
  16. Originally I was. But the hotel in cardiff that I had booked for 2 days cancelled on me at short notice so ended up just getting the 1 night on saturday at cardiff. So will be a drive to Swindon and a drive home then drive to cardiff on saturday unfortunately. Otherwise it would have been a full weekend
  17. waytogo28

It's often repeated among riders - even very recently - that speedway is a mind game or all in the mind ( once you have mastered the basics of course ). Even Greg Hancock has said it's not all about set ups! Even the "have a go" spirit is a mental thing ( see some irate riders going truly into battle after having been fouled, in their eyes ). So, very likely it is not the bikes, engines or mechanics in Porsing's case - and he will know that.
  18. Grachan

To be fair, that stock car meeting was, apparently, a World Final. If you had a World Speedway final there you'd get at least a similar crowd.
  19. FAST GATER

Stoke closing down

Well just like to say i am very sorry for the loss of the Potters just like my own Gunners and the Kings we will never sadly see the the likes of them again ,they were all IMO victims of a changing world and culture .There are things the sport can do but I do feel in this day and age many extenal things have/ are conspiring against it and there has never been the robust support that football and alike have enjoyed from outside parties but has been seen as a blight and antisocial activity by non followers . I think that the NSS will be the last pupose built track in this country and the best we can hope for is that demise of the remaining tracks can avoided for as long as posssible !
  20. gustix

Alternative speedway group

Rather annoying response for you, but it's more than likely a membership application now would be accepted by Karl Fiala for SPEEDWAY FRIENDS. You won't know unless you try.
  21. semion

Maybe the problem isn’t with the bikes, engines or mechanics
  22. mrss

On Monday Poorthing had a chance to pass Batchelor but just as he got level with him Poorthing backed off. He hasn't any bottle. He has been poor ever since he signed this season. He was the one who told everyone he had 3 bikes , 4 engines and 2 Polish mechanics. Seems like none of them done there job.
  23. steve roberts

Black Sunday - 30 Years on

I think I saw Erik ride in his last competive meeting at Cowley during the second leg of the Gold Cup Final just days before that dreadful Sunday.
  24. wealdstone

Peterborough v Wolves 17.9.19

Never said there would be no Speedway. Info (now slightly modified) came from comments on a site now closed down. Related to the level at which Panthers would be racing
  25. Trees

Put yourself in his shoes maybe ..... You feel a sense of anger and frustration, what does he feel?
  26. Sidney the robin

22/09/19 N.L.RC Leicester.

I feel Stoneman and Hume are in the same category both in/ out racers and a fall could happen at anytime but Hume has regrouped this year and has been excellent for the cubs.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy