British Speedway Forum

You have got me thinking now. Chris Vincent has been retired about 100 years and the only Terry I can remember from those days is Terry Vinicombe who was another racer. Can you remember any more about it ? I thought the landmark ruling on all this was a moto-cross rider who successfully sued the organisers of a meeting because he was injured on a track that was dangerous but I can't remember all the details

I think longeye has the answer as to who it was , the legal wrangling went on for years as I recall , somehting to do with vincent knowing he had faulty brakes but still going in the race , and they wound up hitting an ambulance that was parked somewhere it shouldn't have been as well . I'll see your terry vinicombe and raise you a Mick Boddice , , now you got me thinking norman hanks jock and benga , peter brown and rosetta , sheidegger camathias , wolfgang Kalauch , steve sinnot . luthringhauser , nick and gerry boret , mac hobson , oops almost forgot my favourite all time driver rolf biland , :lol: happy days , never could understand why the" chairs " were left till last and everybody used to leave without watching the finals

It was Terry Harrison. The accident was at Olivers Mount.

• Like 1

I think longeye has the answer as to who it was , the legal wrangling went on for years as I recall , somehting to do with vincent knowing he had faulty brakes but still going in the race , and they wound up hitting an ambulance that was parked somewhere it shouldn't have been as well . I'll see your terry vinicombe and raise you a Mick Boddice , , now you got me thinking norman hanks jock and benga , peter brown and rosetta , sheidegger camathias , wolfgang Kalauch , steve sinnot . luthringhauser , nick and gerry boret , mac hobson , oops almost forgot my favourite all time driver rolf biland , :lol: happy days , never could understand why the" chairs " were left till last and everybody used to leave without watching the finals

You had me struggling as I thought I only had a George O'Dell left in the pack then I remembered Helmut Fath up my sleeve which trumps all of them. Proper chairs in them days. Happy days indeed. :P

You had me struggling as I thought I only had a George O'Dell left in the pack then I remembered Helmut Fath up my sleeve which trumps all of them. Proper chairs in them days. Happy days indeed. :P

Ace up the sleeve, Rolf Biland :t:

crappiest bike would be better and crappiest attitude as well , I dont have to say anything , Adam is doing that on track for me , he is still not scoring valid points and still falling off , so Ill just let him speak for me .

Crappiest bike, crappiest attitude, always falling off, not scoring valid points (can someone tell me what a 'valid' point is in speedway terms, because I always thought it was a convincing argument) - I'll await crappiest van because you're running out of insults :D .

This is what others have to say (all being taken from the pages of this forum):

'kirbys score was impresive

kirby was the best of the novices

another gritty showing from Adam Kirby

Adam really is findng his feet

Good performances from Compton,, Boxall and Kirby

Adam Kirby certainly has improved

Also impressed by Compton and Kirby

enthusiasm of Kingston & Kirby

Yes Adam Improved as the meeting went on, and had 2 very good and competitive second places

adam was leading the Heathens No1 in the one race when Ash brought Adam down, In the others he was competitive, meaning a close up second

Adam Kirby is a revelation so far

It was a good performance by Adam Kirby'

I think everyone can clearly see the difference between those opinions and yours and draw the conclusion from that that you have nothing but an axe to grind. They'll also almost certainly treat your opinions as both :rofl: and nonsense and disregard them altogether.

As I have said before, it would be bad enough if you were slagging off a young rider who wasn't scoring points and becoming a crowd favourite, because they need our support and encouragement. Doing so to a rider who is can only be motivated by vicious prejudice.

I used to think nobody could be more biased about Adam than I am. Now I am not so sure.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 5

crappiest bike would be better and crappiest attitude as well , I dont have to say anything , Adam is doing that on track for me , he is still not scoring valid points and still falling off , so Ill just let him speak for me .

Like halifaxtiger has said you are clearly someone who has an axe to grind with adam as you attack him all the time. Your latest comment about having the crapiest bikes and crapiest attitude is laughable as it sounds like something a 5yr old would say not someone who, according to his profile, is a 60yr old man,. Next i'm expecting you to say my dads bigger than your dad so there :rofl: . Anyone who knows adam can see that he is a quiet lad so how you can say he has a crappy attitude beats me! You say he still keeps falling off? But in the 3 incidents against mildenhal, 2 were into the first bend which shows he isn't backing out and being intimidated by anyone. The 3rd one was when someone dived underneath him knocking him off and everyone in the crowd, which also included some mildenhall supporters, have said the ref got the decision to exclude adam wrong.

On a final note, You said 3 names who you say are dangerous riders! Luke crangs surname begins with a 'C' not a K as you put it. Or are you illiterate aswell as an imbecile? :D

Edited by moosetash64
  • Like 1

Like halifaxtiger has said you are clearly someone who has an axe to grind with adam as you attack him all the time. Your latest comment about having the crapiest bikes and crapiest attitude is laughable as it sounds like something a 5yr old would say not someone who, according to his profile, is a 60yr old man,. Next i'm expecting you to say my dads bigger than your dad so there :rofl: . Anyone who knows adam can see that he is a quiet lad so how you can say he has a crappy attitude beats me! You say he still keeps falling off? But in the 3 incidents against mildenhal, 2 were into the first bend which shows he isn't backing out and being intimidated by anyone. The 3rd one was when someone dived underneath him knocking him off and everyone in the crowd, which also included some mildenhall supporters, have said the ref got the decision to exclude adam wrong.

On a final note, You said 3 names who you say are dangerous riders! Luke crangs surname begins with a 'C' not a K as you put it. Or are you illiterate aswell as an imbecile? :D

Ah yes isn't my spelling the CRAPIEST . Were the incidents against mildenhall, mildenhal or maybe even Mildenhall , my punctuation is appalling as well . Of course I should have known it was Crang with a capital c since it is a surname and apostrophe before the s when it's added to a surname . I'm also too thick to understand that when referring to myself I should use a capital I in I or I'm , but hey ho what can you expect from a moron who doesn't use a capital letter when typing a christian name (who is this adam ?) . Still I'm not so thick as to write a post on a public forum proclaiming someone to be illiterate when I am obviously a Dyslexic Retard myself

Ah yes isn't my spelling the CRAPIEST . Were the incidents against mildenhall, mildenhal or maybe even Mildenhall , my punctuation is appalling as well . Of course I should have known it was Crang with a capital c since it is a surname and apostrophe before the s when it's added to a surname . I'm also too thick to understand that when referring to myself I should use a capital I in I or I'm , but hey ho what can you expect from a moron who doesn't use a capital letter when typing a christian name (who is this adam ?) . Still I'm not so thick as to write a post on a public forum proclaiming someone to be illiterate when I am obviously a Dyslexic Retard myself

OUCH!!!! :shock::o:blink: :blink: :blink:

Ace up the sleeve, Rolf Biland :t:

ok lets have a few more names - how about Pip Harris, Colin Sealey and the whole of the Hanks family

Couldn't agree more.

ok lets have a few more names - how about Pip Harris, Colin Sealey and the whole of the Hanks family

Ok here we go . Siggy Shauzu ,Dick Greasley, Clyde Gough ,Roger Aldous , Jeff Gawley, Mick Horspole, Jon Swindlehurst , Trevor Ireson , Bryan Rust , Stuart Pearson ( yes it was Darrens dad ) Keith Galtress, Brian Mee, Clyde Gough .Malcolm Hargreaves , Michelle and Serge Vanneste, Dennis Keene ,

I think the reason the chairs were left untill last may have had something to do with the fact that back in those days the highly stressed Britsh Twins which made up most of the field weren't the most oil tight units. My mate always used to ask are we staying for the Oil Sprayers Race. Still a brilliant era though.

Going back to the original post ask Jan Staechmann after Shaun Wilson ended his career as a rider. I think it was Wilson that was threatening to sue if Stekkers publically accused him of deliberately taking him out.

In my opinion Wilson knew exactly what he was doing the dirty b'stard.

Ok here we go . Siggy Shauzu ,Dick Greasley, Clyde Gough ,Roger Aldous , Jeff Gawley, Mick Horspole, Jon Swindlehurst , Trevor Ireson , Bryan Rust , Stuart Pearson ( yes it was Darrens dad ) Keith Galtress, Brian Mee, Clyde Gough .Malcolm Hargreaves , Michelle and Serge Vanneste, Dennis Keene ,

You are making me feel flippin' old now !

I'm also too thick to understand that when referring to myself I should use a capital I in I or I'm , but hey ho what can you expect from a moron who doesn't use a capital letter when typing a christian name (who is this adam ?) .

I'm also too thick to understand that when referring to myself I should use a capital I in I or I'm , but hey ho what can you expect from a moron who doesn't use a capital letter when typing a Christian name (who is this adam ?) .

They may not all be Christian names either in this multi-religous society - could just be a forename if the person concerned was not baptised into that faith!

Honestly don't know the answer but it has always amazed me that riders aren't excluded from a race for dangerous riding when the rider pushed into the fence or out wide didn't fall off. Can think of many incidents of this happening but nothing is done. Mind you don't suppose mr pedersen would be very happy but then people say its just hard riding.

Kelvin Tatum might even call it super speedway Nige.

Edited by barrow boy