All Activity
- Past hour
-
Never going to happen tbh, Promoters can barely get Home fans to turn up regularly let alone Away fans.
-
Peterborough Speedway
Crump99 replied to Crump99's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
The Panthers side was in a much weaker position because there was no equivalent organised resistance early enough. Whatever the former owner knew or was told, the public-facing position in 2023 was remarkably passive. There was no serious challenge to the emerging narrative, no visible attempt to build a planning case, and no supporter organisation forcing awkward questions while the important assumptions were becoming embedded. By the time the Panthers campaign began trying to unpick it all in 2024, they were already starting from behind. They also had every reason to expect Peterborough City Council to uphold the site-specific safeguards in its own adopted Local Plan for the East of England Showground’s leisure uses and Peterborough Speedway. So if the suggestion now is that these issues should have been raised earlier, the councillor probably needs to read up on what has actually happened over the last few years. -
You need away fans there in decent numbers to make it happen... Something promoters don't seem to appreciate..
-
The key words being "proper event".... Not something more akin to a social gathering, and that includes many of the riders too...
-
I went to the banger world final last night. Despite the large crowd there was a huge amount of waiting around for crashed cars to be cleared. However, the presentation made it feel like this was a proper event, it mattered. Even though it is a bunch of amateurs and the luckiest one who wins. The build up to the world final was impressive and the Witches need to do something similar for the start of their meetings imo.
- Today
-
People are too woke to handle a bit of banter, needle and wind up these days. Hence why Comedians aren't allowed to speak the truth during their gigs anymore.
-
Peterborough Speedway
Crump99 replied to Crump99's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
That was the last time I attended the EoES. That was a terrible speech by Chapman. The only saving grace is that he still had to work with the Showground administration, so that speech and his save speedway inaction throughout 2023 could possibly be explained to some extent. But given his total lack of interest since Oct 23, I’m less tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt! -
King's Lynn Stars 2027
Youhave2minutes replied to Daniel Smith's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Bankrupt the clubs with his demands -
King's Lynn Stars 2027
Youhave2minutes replied to Daniel Smith's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
All other clubs have the same chance to build a decent side. But only Poole seem to do it -
Now let’s not be kinky.
-
Ipswich Witches 2027
cowboy cookie returns? replied to Aries's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Totally agree you need some needle & wind up between the supporters. personally I’m not so sure on the betting at the stadium but I’m with you on needing to get ot tribal. -
Ipswich Witches 2027
cowboy cookie returns? replied to Aries's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Totally agree you need some needle & wind up between the supporters. personally I’m not so sure on the betting at the stadium but I’m with you on needing to get ot tribal. -
Peterborough Speedway
Rickyag replied to Crump99's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
Chapman lost a lot of support when he went onto the microphone at Peterborough and told the fans not to protest about the closure The reason is because Buster Chapman and Dale Allitt supported the closure, I can only presume they thought a good number of Peterborough fans would go to watch his beloved Kings Lynn. -
Lublin owner confined last night after the meeting that Lublin will be racing their home meetings at tarnow next season due to their stadium work, tarnow not the best track and is over 100 miles from Lublin but I suppose it’s the only track available that is up to extraleague standards that is available
-
Peterborough Speedway
arnieg replied to Crump99's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
I do wish people would stop running down the people whose support we need. I suspect the speaker in question was referring to the period prior to closure when Mr Chapman was noticeably quiet. -
I think the rest of the field in both of his only meetings must of been in handcuffs and leg irons also as jason made them all look like first timers, joking apart there are some buxton riders that really struggle to ride even after a few years of trying.
-
Scunthorpe 2027
phillwhitewasmad replied to hackneyrocket's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I can 100% confirm Luke will be leaving after 3 years at the club . It's time to move to pastures new to help him in his progression as a rider. -
Tai Woffinden Testimonial
bigcatdiary replied to WookieboyDon's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
BSN was complete and utter pants for me last night, freezing and cutting out regularly during the whole presentation, I lost it finally just as the riders were selecting gates for the final, I never got it back. The track looked lovely and smooth but provided nothing in the way of racing with riders strung out and little if any passing after a start which gave the yellow gate a ridiculous advantage that trackstaff were unable to rectify. Northampton as a racing circuit is dreadful that’s four meetings I have watched this year and the racing has been poor all year. The only plus last night was a good crowd for Tai, the fans however deserved better. -
Peterborough Speedway
YeOldPitGate replied to Crump99's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
I did see an article on this and the council speaker seemed to be saying we wish all the issues with the speedway had been highlighted earlier which obviously Mick and Co have been doing for months/years so i'm assuming she was talking b/s ? -
Not to mention the leg irons🙂.