British Speedway Forum

Well how did the ref help us "big tme" the only favour he did was not exclude scottie when he did not turn on the first turn. What about the race when bjerre should have been kicked out. The race when Lee was blocked when the pole lost his chain was rightly stoped as every other rider that was complaining would have expected the race to be stoped if it was them. And the red light well that was a hard desision as no other rider seen it.

Now the facts to me of the final race (after watching it over and over) you can see that as Scottie lines up the inside with karlsson outside him ANDERSEN looks over his right shoulder and quite clearly kocks his throttle off while moving slightly over to the left. This in turn forces scottie to change lines and use the outside to pass. If ANDERSEN had stayed where he was going into the third turn there was no room for karlsson to get by on the outsie leaving the inside line for scott to try.

This guy ANDERSEN has let the sport down but most importanly himself down. His actions on track this season only what has been shown on sky are unbelivable and so are his coments afterwards. He really sees himself as doing nothing wrong ever. Im just glad Im not a Ipswich fan as I could not support this rider in any way.

Well done to the teamGB guys you did yourselfs and your contry proud.

Aussies were blamed a few years ago Danes last night when will you Brits stop moaning and blaming others for your own lack of talent?

Agree with the majority of comments re : Hans Andersen's disgraceful slowing down effort only to say on SKY that he hadn't seen Karlsson and his bike was spinning ! Hans Andersen definitely let PK by although he also let Nicholls by as well. Had he raced as he normalll does then there is a good chance the guys would have all bunched up and a proper race develop giving Scott a chance. Hans Andersen let himself down bigtime !

Have to say though that comments from Louis alleging that Hans must have gained financially out of such a move is a tad out of order don't you think ? Love to get a Swedish view on that one ! Is he claiming that Sweden will / contrived to pay Hans Anderssen for the move ? Seems to me a call from a Swedish lawyer might be pending ...

Should be interesting at the next Ippo team talk and on camera on Mon night v Eastbourne ...

This hysteria appears to be manufactured by the SKY coverage. I didn't get the impression that many people in the stadium thought there was anything amiss. Polite aplause welcomed Peter Karlsson, but I didn't hear any boos for Andersen. The atmosphere was basically one of dissapointment not frustration or anger.

The race result and the first lap looked unexceptional given that:

a) Nicholls was off gate 1

B) between heats 6 and 20 gate one produced one race win (Peter Karlsson!), no seconds, seven thirds and seven lasts

c) the Danes basically gave up after BPs joker failed and were outscored by the Poles over the closing races

Great shot of the Ref Mick Bates up in the box after heat 7 when Scotty lifted, couldn't turn and pushed Bjarne Pedersen into the fence.

Mick was wearing Totaly Black Stevie Wonder sunglasses!!

B):D

Have to say the whole politics surrounding the Final looked pretty suspect to me.

Ole Olssen insists on a slick track despite Matt Ford wanting to put more water on it.

The riders say it's a lot slicker than it was on Thursday night (no Danes) and Tony Rickardsson says the track is nothing like it was when he used to ride for Poole.

To give Mick Bates his due I think he did his best to keep it fair but having Ole as race director for the World Cup is perhaps leading to a few question marks over track preparation.

Thursday's track produced a great meeting there was no real need to make the track more slick for Saturday night!?

Kenneth Bjerre fell off when he straightend up in the heavy dirt after Lee Richardson forced him out wide at the first start of heat 10.

Kenneth said the BV track was the best it had been all season for the Arena Sky meeting when the track was very slick by BV standards.

Great entertainment but I would suggest there were a couple of extra bends involved in last nights meeting.

:rolleyes:

Interestingly in the repeat shown this morning Sky editted out the heat 23 incident aftermath and debate, when the race was stopped after the Poles engine failure, and also the interview with Hans andersen after heat 25.

Having watched heat 25 again on video Hans clearly roles off the throttle after looking straight at PK - as he rounds the 3rd & 4th bends of the 1st lap Hans is also clearly looking at Scott making a run around the outside and seems to be trying to set himself up to stay ahead of him.

I don't think Hans had any intention of letting Scott past - as for PK he looked to be displaying all the classic signs of someone on the pork pies when Sophie interviewed him but only he will ever know for sure.

On the whole I think Sweden deserved to be fair but only just!?

Maybe next year - where will it be held Sweden!?

:blink:

Edited by skyjack

Great shot of the Ref Mick Bates up in the box after heat 7 when Scotty lifted, couldn't turn and pushed Bjarne Pedersen into the fence.

In Mick Bates defence when the sun is shining into the stand at Poole you need sunglasses on to be able to see anything the glare factor is so bad.

Hang on, didn't Joe Screen slow down the race the year Mark Loram won the world title?

Oops, they seem to have forgotten that one Iggy :rolleyes:

Yes Screeny did but surly that is different in a way that it was the World Champion at stake this is the World Cup and a Danish helps a Swede!!! must of been given big bucks as the Danes and Swedes hate each other!!

I have just watched in incident and Hans could have got himself out of jail so easily when being interviewed.

All he had to say was, "I moved out of the way to allow both through to battle for the title". Of course we could argue that he should have just fluffed the gate if he wanted to do that, but Scott had gate one and didn't have much chance off that gate anyway.

I was sitting next to Davey Watt in the grandstand and he said he would noty want to be in that race for love nor money. He said before the race that Scott had next to no chance off gate one, plus not only the stadium but the whole Sky TV viewers and the UK speedway community would be weighing very heavy on his shoulders and the pressure would be too much for most to handle.

No need to defend Mick he did a pretty good job in the circumstances.

I just thought it was an ironic shot!!

:D

Hans andersen makes the gate then just gives up letting pk and scott both pass him .

If he was out get team gb he could have just pushed scott wide on bend 3 , what a bunch of sore losers us brits are :mad::mad:

It's not just Team GB who suffered from Andersen's 'antics', it's the Swedes too. Let's face it, PK had a good chance of winning the race without HA's help, and now HA has gone and completely devalued the victory for them. :angry:

And after all that effort trying to convince sports journalists to cover the final, HA has now made our sport look like a complete laughing stock :mad: . If you were a sports journalist covering that final - your first speedway meeting - would you bother again? I don't think so :angry: .

Lets face it we were unlucky when Scotty stopped and when Pedersen KO'ed Max with Havvy leading. But kucky when the race was stopped when the Pole locked in front of Richardson.

Gate positions didn't work out right either we didn't win, maybe we deserved to, but at least Denmark didn't! And we're allot closer then we've been to winning for a long time.

Chin up.

Edited by Col

hey

this is where i come in now if the world cup was a proper team macth with team riding etiher the four team struture with 2 team members per race or a test macth formula...it would not be left to opponents to team ride..

i rest my case....on hans christian andersen head! ( i didnt see PK ..fairy story?)

he has done speedway a increasing diservice this season

and i do respect the riders who were watching (biased as they may ahve been) louis, ermolenko, tatum who all spotted it!

Swings and roundabouts is the phrase that springs to mind

Agreed Hans slowed, and yes his interview was well . . uneconomical with the truth but PK would have betaen Scotty I'm sure. As many have said we've seen these things before (Aussies at Coventry) and I'm sure we'll see them again.

Throughout the meeting points were won and lost with various re-runs, refs deciscions, the resulting restarts invariably showing a different result from the initial running at the point of stoppage (Havvy when Nicki Wiped out Max, and also Lee getting a 2nd bite and winning over Lindback in ht 23 as examples)

Lets not forget Nicholls wiping out Bjarne early in the meeting but geting back for the re-start - btw how lucky was Bjarne not to hit the 4 inch square wooden post with his legs. Commendable that Poole have the old fence behind to give more rigidity to the air fence unlike Ipswich, but 90% of the time the rider goes to ground at kick board level and submarines under and through the air fence, thus if no kickboard on the old fence behind hes is at the mercy of whats there - wooden posts and mesh only in this case. Very lucky indeed.

Looking at the last 8 heats Sweden outscored Team GB 19-12, deciscions aside that proved the difference.

AJ had a torrid time all night (4 from 4 starts), but his ht24 ride against Loram was a very mature ride. We all know he loves the high line and it had not worked all night for him compared to Thursday (Gollobs downfall as well I think) But in 24 he clamped Mark for 4 laps to the pole line - just what the Swedes needed at the time.

Anyway well done Sweden and comiserations to the Brits - a good weeks entertainment.

PS Was the red light (from an infrared source on the digital camera) as used by the Snapper on the dog track - in the ensuing melee Sky zoomed in on a guy sheepishly leaning over the fence exiting the 4th turn/back striaght ? It was BSI's decision to remove all official photographers from the inside to the outside of the circuit in SGP and SWC events a couple of years ago - we'll never know I guess, Scott knows what he saw. At Wolves riders are occasionally distracted by the brake lights on cars moving around on the 4th bend.

Edited by Papa Bazarou

At Wolves riders are occasionally distracted by the brake lights on cars moving around on the 4th bend.

That figures. I can understand fans wanting to make a swift exit from

Monmore Green. :D