British Speedway Forum

Not sure if they could of even been miming and the sound system was playing up on their backing cd ? it was poor after the previous pre GP race entertainment

At every cardiff GP i have been to previously the "entertainment" have used the stadium sound and have mimed.

My thoughts.

Pre meeting around the pubs and in the town=Excellent

The Band. Didn't see any pre meeting entertainment so can't comment.

Hummer=bummer. Didn't work at all and an opportunity missed to raise the roof before a wheel was turned in anger.

Introductions. Almost as bad as Sam E a couple of years ago. Not the way to do it.

Racing=excellent after a slow start. Fantastic finish.

Fireworks=OK but nothing special. Disappointed after such a build up from Kevin Coombes.

Announcer. Excellent, though a bit more subdued than normal.

Crowd. Noisy, the biggest yet and it can only grow bigger, certainly not slip back after this GP.

Overall the best Cardiff GP yet IMO. Sure there is still a lot of tweaking to do, and a lot more seats to sell, but the general consensus is that it was a great day out.

Presentation of riders - awful. Julia Bradbury looked totally out of place to me and I'm not sure that she added anything to it (apart from the obvious for the fellas)

that was good enough for me.

Overall it was run ok. the parade was shocking. The under 15's was a great idea but if there were more under 15 races and less songs from bjorn again that would ave been perfect.the firework display was once again awesome.

never had Sir Elton John had been on, he is a true legend. Too big for Speedway to attract sadly

Mother T... I wasn't specifically having a go at SL (I'm not that brave and don't fancy a clip round the earole!) but making the general point that even if we had witnessed a meeting where there had been passing on every lap in every race: A group like U2 providing the pre-meeting entertainment, and Elton John the interval set; everyone got free admission and programme AND free beer - SOMEONE would have a moan on a forum somewhere such as this!  :wink: *

(* probably a teetotaller!)

:rolleyes:  :D

Guest cheetahhawk
Bit late but I've been busy. What did everyone else think of the overall presentation this year?

U 15s - excellent idea, be better if they had had a "final" as well but something is better than nothing.

It would also have been nice to have a place in the programme so that we could record the results of their races.

Parade - as on Hummer thread, naff, boring and didn't work

I thought this was the worst way possible to present the riders to us,haven't BSI cottoned on that the fans like to actually see their heroes on such an important occasion?

Presentation of riders - awful. Julia Bradbury looked totally out of place to me and I'm not sure that she added anything to it (apart from the obvious for the fellas)

I couldn't hear a word she said

Progs - overpriced, loads of mistakes and omissions.

Likewise StarLady

Bjorn Again - Disappointed in them, sound levels seemed unbalanced and they really didn't get the crowd involved.

I think the sound system was more to blame here than anything else

Presenter - he was good but didn't have much zing IMO. Maybe BSI place restrictions on him as I've seen him get far more involved.

I have seen and heard him at Brighton where he has always been excellent but he didn't seem to be the same at Cardiff,maybe it is because it is such a big stadium.

I still enjoyed the trip to Cardiff though ,lets hope that BSI do take some notice of us, as without us fans they wouldn't be in business at all .

I still enjoyed the trip to Cardiff though ,lets hope that BSI do take some notice of us, as without us fans they wouldn't be in business at all .

Yes i enjoyed the day out, lets hope the BSI do listen, 4 heats and a final for the u15s next year would be nice.

seeing the riders on parade and not stuck inside a limo would be good.

I was there with my son who used to be a regular Long Eaton supporter but hasn't been to speedway (apart from one meeting at Stoke last year, in 8 years), & a mate who has never been to a speedway meeting in his life, & their comments were as follows:

Pre meeting atmosphere in Cardiff:

Son: "Beer, fit birds, fantastic, your round dad."

1st time mate: "'kin 'ell, I've never seen anything like this in Cardiff before, (he lives in Wales), fantastic".

Programme:

Son: "Phwoorrr, look at the t*ts on that" (page 22).

1st time mate: "Phwoorrr, look at the t*ts on that" (page 22).

Bjorn again:

Son: "That blondes got a nice ar*e"

1st time mate: "Have you seen the ar*e on the blonde one?"

Presentation:

Son: "Bloody 'ell, can you imagine mum trying to park that bugger?"

1st time mate: "Who's the bird doing the introductions?"

Racing:

Son: "Fantastic. When are you going to take me up to Sheffield so I can have a go?"

1st time mate: "Fantastic, I could get in to this big time".

Interval:

Son: "Beer".

1st time mate: " Beer".

Firework display:

Son: "I'm a firestarter, twisted fire starter, aaaaaaaa uh uh uh,.... fancy a beer?"

1st time mate: "That was good".

After meeting entertainment in Cardiff:

Son: " Bloody 'ell, I've never seen so many fit birds, I'm going to bring Becki (his girlfriend) here for a weekend, fantastic................Jesus dad, look at the t*ts on that".

1st time mate: "That was fantastic, absolutely fantastic".

Next morning:

Son: "Bloody 'ell, what time is it? Hang on while I have a quick sh*t shave & shower then I'll be down for breakfast".

1st time mate: (Meeting up again the next morning) "I had a fantastic time last night, I never thought speedway was was as exciting as that. I've been to concerts before at the Millenium stadium, but last night was awesome, absolutely fantastic".

So all in all a brilliant weekend. Sorry if I didn't say hello at the POW, but I'm a bit on the quite side. Roll on 2006.

B)

Son: "Beer, fit birds, fantastic"

Son: "Phwoorrr, look at the t*ts on that" (page 22).

Son: "That blondes got a nice ar*e"

Son: " Bloody 'ell, I've never seen so many fit birds".

Sounds like you should have introduced me LT, reckon me and him would have got on well :D

Hey LT - like father like son ...

Sorry if I didn't say hello at the POW, but I'm a bit on the quite side. Roll on 2006.

But you had the important job of holding up the lamp-post B)

But you had the important job of holding up the lamp-post  B)

Very true Addy, but I still managed to meet lots of lovely forum members. :approve:

Annoyed me that the presenter kept referring to the riders as "drivers"...

Avoided the rush to get in when the gates opened so missed the U15s.

Thought that Abba songs would have got the crowd going more than they did, so a bit disappointed with Bjorn Again.

Amarillo is a song just perfect for air horns!

well i rather have no singers or bands unless they can perform live...believe it or not all used so far have "perfomed" to backing tapes :blink:

My Programme was free!!

As someone's already said, mine cost me £7 as part of my ticket..............but what really bugged me was that I paid for Mrs Mylor's ticket too. Now what am I supposed to do with 2 programmes?

I may be buying 3 tickets next year..............PLEASE BSI, drop this idea before I go broke and disappear under a pile of glossies!! :neutral:

I may be buying 3 tickets next year..............PLEASE BSI, drop this idea before I go broke and disappear under a pile of glossies!!  :neutral:

Dont agree-I had the cheapest ticket and was the same price as last year?(unsure) maybe £2 more at the most and didnt have to shell out an extra £7 for the programme!

Great Idea or to save rain forests drop the price by a fiver and charge a fiver for a programme.

I personally thought it was a great gesture and possibly contributed to the increased crowd.

No one wants to pay £7 for a programme so if it can be absorbed into the ticket price then great-in reality was a fiver less than same thing last year or 10 for a couple-Possible solution would be to offer a pair of tickets with one programme for next year.

Edited by Nevsy