British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Who Would You Like To See An Article On?

:) Barney Kennett of Canterbury Crusaders in the70,s and 80,s for his spectacular inside line, and ability to turn right on unsuspecting riders pitching them over the boards and not being excluded by the Ref. Also his punch ups with many other National League riders of that era. When Barney appeared in the parade lap you were guaranteed a fun night on the track!!

Seeing as Backtrack often do features on the lesser known riders maybe an interview with my Uncle...Alan Armstrong.

Alan rode for Middlesbrough, Castleford and Workington amongst others during the late 70's, early 80's.

He was in the Workington that featured in the (in)famous drubbing at Crayford. If anyone needs contact details for him please let me know.

Phil Collins - great to watch, left behind his career when still a top rider for a new life in California

Zenon Plech - a god to thousands of Poles and to a few thousand in East London too

Dennis Sigalos - very classy rider, one of the best never to win the world title

like to see what's going on with a some riders from the 80s ...

Mike Ferreira, Mike Spink, Larry Ross, Kai Niemi, Roger Johns, John Titman, Ari Koponen, Paul Evitts, Kevin Jolly

like to see what's going on with a some riders from the 80s ...

Mike Ferreira, Mike Spink, Larry Ross, Kai Niemi, Roger Johns, John Titman, Ari Koponen, Paul Evitts, Kevin Jolly

They could feature Kai Neimi and Ari Koponen together, I do believe that they were brother in laws.

Would love to see a piece on Mark and Sean Courtney. I'm sure Mark in particular would have a tale to tell.  :)

It certainly would, as I don't think he has been totally lillywhite, I think that he was a rider who did waste the talent that he had, lets hope that his sons learn from his lesson.

Bees Legend Tommy Knudsen please.

Spin King, what about an interview with Mark Fiora, Bent Larsson, Rod Haynes or Craig Pendlebury ?!!

Just for an update, several people have asked about Gary Middleton and Gary Guglielmi, does anyone know where they are ?

Has there been anything on Kelly Moran or John Davis or Dennis Sigalos ?

Spin King, what about an interview with Mark Fiora, Bent Larsson, Rod Haynes or Craig Pendlebury ?!!

Mark Fiora was featured a few magazines ago. Is Craig Pendlebury still in New Zealand? Not that that is a barrier to being interviewed, I'm just curious!!

What about a team where are they now ie League Champions 1978 Canterbury

Maurice Morley did wonders for the team morale after losing Graham Banks in June of this year. I still remember that day like it was yesterday.

The 1978 team were a very close team they needed the league win to boost them. :approve:

TMC .............. I only have one request please (looks for fluttering eyelash smilie :rolleyes:)

My mate Stan reckons if they don't have Ole Olsen in there soon he will cancel his subs LOL Has he not "been done" yet?