British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blackknight19

Bad Decisions

There seems to be more bad refereeing decisions than good ones nowadays!

:mad:

The referees/umpires in any sport are very dedicated and, indeed, brave men. I admire every one of them.

They undergo vigorous training and have to pass stiff examinations before they can officiate. Then they start at the lower end of their chosen sport and have to work their way to the top - if they are fortunate enough to reach the top. They know the rule books inside out [and the right way round]. They are usually nearer the action than the spectators, therefore they get a better view of the incident. They cannot discuss the matter at any length but have to make a quick decision. Being human, they are as fallible as any other human, the difference being that referees are often verbally crucified - and, yes, on occasions spat upon for their errors.

To the average spectator an allegedly foul move is 'dirty' if perpertrated by an oppenent of the particular spectators team or 'firm' refereeing if the perpertrator is a member of that fan's team.

The referees/umpires are very dedicated and brave men. I admire them all!!

That referee is one of the worst about, I actually thought he had been banned from refereeing FIM meetings as he made so many cock ups in the past. Luckl;y tonight he didn't have to made too many decisions.

I take it that Tony Steele is going to be the ref on Saturday seeing that he has not been used yet?

A

"Hungarian A**e"

total idot

How unfair to such a great rider :angry:

totally unbiased

Edited by Addy

The referees/umpires in any sport are very dedicated and, indeed, brave men.  I admire every one of them.

They undergo vigorous training and have to pass stiff examinations before they can officiate.  Then they start at the lower end of their chosen sport and have to work their way to the top -  if they are fortunate enough to reach the top.  They know the rule books inside out [and the right way round].  They are usually nearer the action than the spectators, therefore they get a better view of the incident.  They cannot discuss the matter at any length but have to make a quick decision.  Being human, they are as fallible as any other human, the difference being that referees are often verbally crucified - and, yes, on occasions spat upon for their errors.

To the average spectator an allegedly foul move is 'dirty' if perpertrated by an oppenent of the particular spectators team or 'firm' refereeing if the perpertrator is a member of that fan's team.

The referees/umpires are very dedicated and brave men.  I admire them all!!

They don't have to make quick decisions! They can look at as many replays as they want! I don't know how some of these guys become referees sometimes. Just look at the guy in Cardiff!

:blink:

They don't have to make quick decisions!  They can look at as many replays as they want!  I don't know how some of these guys become referees sometimes.  Just look at the guy in Cardiff!

:blink:

Certainly meetings as big as this a single ref is insufficient, yes a amn in charge but he needs support from at least 2 other officials that way most decisions will at least have been thought through, all other sports have more than one so why not speedway or are we just insisting on adding it to our already mickey mouse reputation.

No way was johnno at fault last night and I think if 3 people were involved in that decision it would have been different

Yep, if the ref had looked at that incident last night carefully enough, he would see that Johnno didn't even touch Rymel. Rymel just bailed out...

I believe there was contact but I haven't had chance to watch all the replays frame-by-frane yet. It was a typical 50/50 from the live action, and the sort of thing I've seen go either way.

Incidently, what about Kelvin saying Nicki had jumped a start when clearly Leigh was moving. :rolleyes: