British Speedway Forum
TwoMinuteWarning

New Speedway Magazine?

I've heard that there is a new magazine out, "Speedway History Magazine".

Anyone seen it?

Is it any good?

Know where I can get a copy?

Thanks!

Isn't Backtrack and Vintage Speedway magazines speedway history mags? Not a very good idea having too many. Surely more people would be interested in magazines with just statistics in them. Not my cup of tea but I know at least one bloke who would be racing to the newsagent to buy it -_-:P:wink:

Edited by Joanne

I've heard that there is a new magazine out, "Speedway History Magazine".

Anyone seen it?

Is it any good?

Know where I can get a copy?

Thanks!

Any more informationa available?

Looks like it's a Howard Jones magazine, but not out yet.

the speedway plus mag is great i recommend u download it

I'm sure this will be a magazine from the stable of Howard Jones.

Mr Jones had produced some good magazines in the past especially on defunct tracks.

Unfortunately, the most recent publications have been of poor technical quality ie:

non glossy paper which means poor resolution of printed photographs.

I wish Mr Jones well, but I rather think he will now find it difficut to compete with glossy, high quality mags like Backtrack.

I tend to agree, Backtrack and VSM (not forgetting Speedway Researcher!) seem to have the speedway history scene well-covered already.

However, we shall see!

I'm sure this will be a magazine from the stable of Howard Jones.

Mr Jones had produced some good magazines in the past especially on defunct tracks.

Unfortunately, the most recent publications have been of poor technical quality ie:

non glossy paper which means poor resolution of printed photographs.

I wish Mr Jones well, but I rather think he will now find it difficut to compete with glossy, high quality mags like Backtrack.

Fully agree, the Defunct Speedway Magazine is a good idea, as was the Speedway Programme Guide which sadly stopped being updated very quickly.

The technical quality does not match Backtrack or VSM as you say, but I can put up with that, its the regular changing of direction and delays in getting the magazines out which give me the problem. I am sure his Speedway History magazine is one I subscribed to over two years ago, but had to ask for my money back as nothing ever materilaised.

I wish him well too as there is not enough speedway literature about for the Speedway fan imo, and I admire his endeavours,but won't hold my breath on this one.

If he had a website set up it might help!

Edited by FenTiger76

Howard Jones, was he not a pop star from the eighties.   

I wonder how many times he has heard that!

I received my copy of the new Speedway History Magazine this morning and was impressed.

The paper, text and picture (colour and bw) quality are a vast improvement on The Speedway Years, which I presume, will be revamped now a different printer has come on board.

The Speedway History Magazine also has some fine contributions from the likes of Dick Barrie (remember him?), Cyril Hart and Glynn Shailes included.

My honest opinion is that it is one of Speed-away Promotions finest offerings - and I practically have them all - and is a necessity for those, like me, who will always dig a little deeper in the pocket for a slice of nostalgia.

FenTiger76, I would re-subscribe if I were you.

I wonder how many times he has heard that!

I received my copy of the new Speedway History Magazine this morning and was impressed.

The paper, text and picture (colour and bw) quality are a vast improvement on The Speedway Years, which I presume, will be revamped now a different printer has come on board.

The Speedway History Magazine also has some fine contributions from the likes of Dick Barrie (remember him?), Cyril Hart and Glynn Shailes included.

My honest opinion is that it is one of Speed-away Promotions finest offerings - and I practically have them all - and is a necessity for those, like me, who will always dig a little deeper in the pocket for a slice of nostalgia.         

FenTiger76, I would re-subscribe if I were you.

Moxey, old mate, don't keep the essential info to yourself. How can I get hold of a copy , please?

Bert,

Write to

Speedaway Promotions Ltd,

19 Arundel Road,

Lytham St Annes,

Lancashire

FY8 1AF

or email

oriolecy@aol.com

If he had a website set up it might help!

The Speedway History Magazine does have a website, and it also contains quite a few other useful mags from the Speed-away promotions' stable.

You will find it here:

http://www.speed-awaypromotions.com/

I believe the email address has changed from earlier releases as well -

email: oriolecy@btinternet.com

Edited by moxey63