British Speedway Forum

The fact that Crump fluked a final spot. The fact that he rolled big time at the start, twice, and the ref let it go.

At least his luck and cheating didn't result in a final win. That would have devalued the meeting completely.

Hey, there are many folks on here that don't like TRick. So what? So if I say I don't like Crump why do you have the harrass me over it. We all have our favourites and the one we dislike.

I am pleased that NP won tonight. He deserved to be in the final, didn't roll at the start, didn't need lady luck to lend him a hand and rode without incident tonight.

So a big well done to Nicki Pedersen, deserved winner of the first GP of the year.

As for being gutted that TRick didn't ein, well you have me wrong completely. TRick doesn't have to win all 10 GPs to retain his crown. He really only has to make the final 8 or 9 times and no one will get near him.

Lets be honest. Crump has shown good form this year, but when it came to the moment to stand up and be counted, well, he wasn't in the room. Only the fact that Adams packed up allowed him a ticket to the final. He isn't going to be the one that TRick has to look out for.

No, that las=dies and gentleman is N Pedersen, showing the type of form that won him one world crown already in his career. Pedersen is made of harder stuff than Crump, and when in the correct mind frame can do what he did tonight. he lacks consistancy, but he will prove to be TRicks biggest challenger.

Sorry Steve, we don't all have riders we dislike. I love the sport and cannot think of a rider I don't like. My only gripe with speedway fans is that they dont get behind the British lads enough. Even when Mark Loram was pushing for the title, British fan's wore Tony Rickardsson shirts. Can you see Swedes doing that, of course not.

Sorry Steve, we don't all have riders we dislike.  I love the sport and cannot think of a rider I don't like.  My only gripe with speedway fans is that they dont get behind the British lads enough.  Even when Mark Loram was pushing for the title, British fan's wore Tony Rickardsson shirts.  Can you see Swedes doing that, of course not.

Excellent point.

Too many people in this country are more interested in picking fault with their own, rather than encouraging them.

Shovlar hows your hangover after last nights drowning your sorrows session??

Favourite bit however was when they water the track, upsetting Mr GP Speedway, Ole Olsen!!  HaHaHaHa!!

Indeed Shawn, this was of great interest.

Maybe the standard of racing last night will show that it's perhaps best to let the locals sort out their own tracks to produce good racing surfaces. I am pretty sure both Bydgoszcz and Wroclaw would be much better spectacles for it.

Rico :rolleyes:

Bit late but thought the GP was excellent, one of the best I've seen i've seen in a long while. Loved it when they said Ole didn't want the track watering but they did it anyway. Great racing from the top riders and very pleased to see Nicki win from the unfavoured gate 4. Gollob was so overjoyed with his 3rd and maybe there's life in the old Pole yet?

If this is the standard for the rest of the year then roll on the next one

PS Adams unfortunate? Nah he should get decent machinery :P

Did the Oxford fans recognise the rider that was passing GP riders for fun in heats 3, 7, 9 and 14?

Pleased as punch with the result.  Only wish Scott could have progressed further.  He said in the interview that he was happy with his bikes but he looked down on speed compared with some of the other riders out there.

No, but the guy that finished 4th in the final looked familiar :D

Great G.P one of the best tracks for consistent racing imo.

Colin :)

Excellent GP, fair play to Mr N Pedersen, a deserved win. And all fair racing. As someone said, if he always rode like that he'd be one of the most popular on the circuit. Crumpy deserved 2nd place, he beat all the top riders on the night. Admitedly he got lucky in the semi, but it's about time he got some luck. Well done Tomasz Gollob, showing that he can ride GP tracks other than Polish ones...! Rickardsson, deserved a Final spot, but that's about it. Leigh Adams deserved more than he got tonight, but still, he will make Finals this year without a doubt IMHO.

Gotta laugh at the stupidity of Shovlar's posts...

'Crump was awful, not a challenger' - 2nd

'Rickardsson was great tonight' - 4th.

As SCB says, what will happen when Crumpy has a 'good' night and Tony has a 'bad' night...?!

;):D

Edited by Ace no.5

Excellent GP, fair play to Mr N Pedersen, a deserved win.  And all fair racing.  As someone said, if he always rode like that he'd be one of the most popular on the circuit.  Crumpy deserved 2nd place, he beat all the top riders on the night.  Admitedly he got lucky in the semi, but it's about time he got some luck.  Well done Tomasz Gollob, showing that he can ride GP tracks other than Polish ones...!  Rickardsson, deserved a Final spot, but that's about it.  Leigh Adams deserved more than he got tonight, but still, he will make Finals this year without a doubt IMHO. 

Gotta laugh at the stupidity of Shovlar's posts...

'Crump was awful, not a challenger' - 2nd

'Rickardsson was great tonight' - 4th.

As SCB says, what will happen when Crumpy has a 'good' night and Tony has a 'bad' night...?!

;)  :D

Crump was in the final be default. Never rode well enouogh to deserve being there and anyone who says different is living in cloud cuckoo land.

The final should have been between the four best riders on show last night. NP, Adams, TRick and Gollob.

Crump was gifted a final spot, then had a massive roller in the final!

A good final, with nobody taking any real advantage.

Crump was in the final be default. Never rode well enouogh to deserve being there and anyone who says different is living in cloud cuckoo land.

do you still stand by that statement even though Crump beat Rickardsson TWICE?

if that's the case, and Crump didn't ride well enough to be in the final, maybe your hero didn't deserve to be there either :rolleyes:

SS i think the people in the final took the advantage AS THIS IS THE 1ST gp.

Crump rode well all night. NP rode well.

I think you have your clouded glasses on. I think TRICK stuggled because Gollob rode him all over the track. I am sure if you watch the reply and watch Gollob, TR couldnt find a way past.

Shovlar, last night, Crump...

beat N Pedersen 1/2

beat Gollob 1/3

beat Rickardsson 2/2

beat Adams 2/2 (and yes, one was more good luck...)

Shovlar, last night, Rickardsson...

beat N Pedersen 1/3

beat Gollob 1/2

beat Crump 0/2

beat Adams 1/1

Just going on top 5 from last night, and the 5 guys, who, in all honesty, I consider the best 5 in the world today. Crump won 6 out of 9, Rickardsson won 3 out of 8. How can you then say Rickardsson was so much better than Crump? Nope, you can't...

Night night!

:blink:;):D

Great GP last night and well done Crumpy. As for him being lucky, well you make your own luck!! I am frankly amazed at the anti-Crump sentiment on this Forum from certain members. Just admit it, he's a class rider who gets people through the turnstiles. He gives his all at Elite League level and at GP level, which can't be said for certain other riders!!

Indeed Shawn, this was of great interest.

Maybe the standard of racing last night will show that it's perhaps best to let the locals sort out their own tracks to produce good racing surfaces. I am pretty sure both Bydgoszcz and Wroclaw would be much better spectacles for it.

Rico  :rolleyes:

Wait until Ole gets to grips with the Reading track for the World Cup